chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Gloria

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by Gloria » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:29 pm

John van der Linde wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:02 pm
Thanks everyone for commenting. Its no exaggeration for me to use the word 'eradicate'. We're being told by political leaders that this is eminent, and songs are sung at political rally's about this and its generally well recorded. This is still by no means as disturbing as the actual murders and torture taking place. Lauren Southern, a Canadian journalist has done good work on this and her videos can be found on Youtube. The Australian minister of Home Affairs has even publicly stated that he will fast track visas especially for farmers due to the dire situation we're in. My wife and I are not particularly keen on Australia and want to travel in Chile and Argentina as they are two fascinating countries and perhaps we would like to stay. I feel better about visiting Chile based on your replies. Thank you kindly
It´s better not to rely in the forum´s answers.We all see Chile under a different scope so visiting will give you a better understanding of what this country is all about. The big cities will have more or less a sort of 21th century appeal but in the south is like going back to the 18 hundreds, however there´s a slow pace of living, sense of security and lots of beauty.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

John van der Linde

Post by John van der Linde » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:13 am

I'm not able to respond to private messages yet as I'm new here, but thanks Papageno, I think ill build your input in to my trip plan. Thanks to Gloria as well, I have seen photos and chatted with local acquaintances who visited Patagonia, and the south appears to be quite breathtaking and serene. But i did read about trucks being burned and other civil unrest in a local diario called El Austral de Osorno and became concerned. I just want peace :) My feeling is that we will have to move sometime soon and would like to weed out places I don't want to scout out. I still think Chile is worth a visit. At least there is no consensus that it is hot mess.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:02 am

If you see a truck burning in southern chile, it is most likly a car crash and not the mapuche.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:24 am

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:13 am
But i did read about trucks being burned and other civil unrest in a local diario called El Austral de Osorno and became concerned. I just want peace :) My feeling is that we will have to move sometime soon and would like to weed out places I don't want to scout out. I still think Chile is worth a visit. At least there is no consensus that it is hot mess.
Keep in mind that nowadays there´s not journalism but sensationalism. Scandals, sex and bad news are the biggest sellers so you need to take it all with not only a grain of salt but a lump of it. As the saying goes...."there´s always trouble in paradise" and Chile´s not exempt of problems.As Charles mentioned earlier is about the Mapuches in that region. We have been in the south for 10 years now and our only concern is what will be in the menu the next day. ...Italian food? pork ribs in the oven with roasted potatoes? un asadito? :D
Just wondering if your immigrating status would be as a refugee or not?
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

John van der Linde

Post by John van der Linde » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Well Gloria, you certainly put a smile on my dial, thank you. I have been doing quite a bit of research and there is of course no place on earth without problems. The fact that you have been there for a decade and have few concerns is exactly the type of information I'm looking for. I've kind of set my mind on that region for various reasons (fishing not being the least), but I will have to take my wife for the grand tour to find an ideal abode. We certainly want to leave before we become actual refugees or be made to disappear.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 pm

The mapuche issues are center mostly in 9th region, a bit in the bio bio and los rios; but, even then unless you are intending to go pick some sort of fight with the mapuche (e.g. buying highly contested land smack in the middle of a population of mapuche), your likly not going to have much day to day interaction with them outside buying some merken spice at the local market.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:14 pm
Well Gloria, you certainly put a smile on my dial, thank you. I have been doing quite a bit of research and there is of course no place on earth without problems. The fact that you have been there for a decade and have few concerns is exactly the type of information I'm looking for. I've kind of set my mind on that region for various reasons (fishing not being the least), but I will have to take my wife for the grand tour to find an ideal abode. We certainly want to leave before we become actual refugees or be made to disappear.
There is nothing like the south peacefulness! I can "put up" with the city life but not for long. When you wake up with the birds singing (honestly) and look out of the windows all that green in different shades, makes you wonder why we are not more grateful with the universe! and believe me....I´m now more than ever after watching clips of Lauren Southern videos and others. I live such a sheltered life that I had no idea! Damned!! DISTURBING!!
Anyhow, yes, bring the wife by all means...after all....happy wife, happy life!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Well the president presented the new immigration plan.
I have not even had time to look at it.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 12838.html

https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 31216.html

And seems haitens will need to get their visa at the consulate starting on april 16th
https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 30830.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm

At first pass, i am not sure what law pinera is using, but the law of unintended consequences sure seems to be applied liberally.

scandinavian

Post by scandinavian » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:58 pm

scandinavian wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:39 am
How difficult can it be to change the agreement between Haiti and Chile to an agreement where Haitians need to apply for a visa at the Chilean embassy in Haiti and demonstrate reasons for visit, funds etc? That would slow the immigration to a dripple - If nothing else, then due to the fact that the embassy wouldn't be able to process all the requests.
Guess Mr Piñera reads allchile.net :D

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:01 pm

PIÑERA IS DELIVERING!!!! Long live the man in the Moneda!! My prayers have been answered!
TO ALL HAITIENS! LA FETE EST FINIE!. VOUS AUREZ BESOIN D´UN VISA POUR VENIR AU CHILI!! LONGUE VIE PIÑERA!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:13 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm
At first pass, i am not sure what law pinera is using, but the law of unintended consequences sure seems to be applied liberally.
I can tell you what law Piñera is using, the law of common sense! God bless him!