chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

rocksana

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by rocksana » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:07 pm

HeinsonGustav wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:27 am
. It is the same in Sweden, Stockholm, Gothenburg, and primarily the south with Malmo are lost.
But up in the northern forests and tundra things are the same since many generations.
I saw plenty of kebab places in Haparanda, quite far north... even in Finland that has received considerably less immigrants than Sweden, I remember they had to secure momentarily the border with Sweden (Tornio-Haparanda) during the peak of the refugee crisis last year. They ended up creating refugee centers and shipping them in buses to different areas of the country though they always prefer the capital or larger cities.

HeinsonGustav

Post by HeinsonGustav » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:56 pm

rocksana wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:07 pm
HeinsonGustav wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:27 am
. It is the same in Sweden, Stockholm, Gothenburg, and primarily the south with Malmo are lost.
But up in the northern forests and tundra things are the same since many generations.
I saw plenty of kebab places in Haparanda, quite far north... even in Finland that has received considerably less immigrants than Sweden, I remember they had to secure momentarily the border with Sweden (Tornio-Haparanda) during the peak of the refugee crisis last year. They ended up creating refugee centers and shipping them in buses to different areas of the country though they always prefer the capital or larger cities.
So you are claiming that Haparanda is as bad as Malmo?

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:15 pm

When I spoke to an owner of a small eatery in Punta Arenas back in November she said that they also had a noticeable influx of Haitians.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:46 pm

mansoproblemita.jpg
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

rocksana

Post by rocksana » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:20 pm

HeinsonGustav wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:56 pm

So you are claiming that Haparanda is as bad as Malmo?

Nope, just saying that if you have a large number of immigrants, of course they will scatter throughout the whole country but with tendency to cluster around the larger metropolitan areas (Malmö is not that large but it is fairly large)

John van der Linde

Post by John van der Linde » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:44 am

And here I was thinking I could come and see if Chile would be a good option to settle in. It seems that the South African government has plans to eradicate a certain minority group in a swift and violent manner. I don't want to end up in the same boat again. Is Chile a safe country ? Any comments welcome.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:29 am

John van der Linde wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:44 am
And here I was thinking I could come and see if Chile would be a good option to settle in. It seems that the South African government has plans to eradicate a certain minority group in a swift and violent manner. I don't want to end up in the same boat again. Is Chile a safe country ? Any comments welcome.
No,it is not.It is getting worse in front of our eyes.
Daytime robberies,home invasions,carjackings,shooting ,stabbings.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:37 am

bobserb wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:29 am
John van der Linde wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:44 am
No,it is not.It is getting worse in front of our eyes.
Daytime robberies,home invasions,carjackings,shooting ,stabbings.
That's a very generalized comment. If you just watch the news, then that's the impression you would get (the same could be said of some US cities). But things really depend greatly on where you live. If I had a choice, I would not live in Santiago (or at least farther away instead of in the "burbs")...........and would not have to worry so much about certain types of crime. And as far as I know no one is currently worried about genocide or the eradication of minority groups here (the long running Mapuche issue not withstanding).

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:51 am

I think that is a ridiculous exaggeration and does not in any way present a true picture of what is generally happening in Chile.

Compared to South Africa even the sketchier areas of Santiago are safe.

Southern Chile, ie Patagonia is one of the safest areas around.

Unfortunately it is true that the occurences of crime and violence are increasing and affecting more and more people, not just the criminal underclass.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:05 pm

Yea keep this in perspective.

Chile could import the entire population of say california, and still have space. There is only 17 milliin people, with immigrants.

Really genocide?

Even the bitchy unhappy and militant mapuche dont call what is going on in the 9th region genocide, even retorically.

And the mapuche, with the exception of what appears to be mostly a few accidental killings, have gone out of their way to not kill people when doing things like burning logging trucks. They do things like tell the security guards and drivers to run before lighting the trucks on fire. When they have killed people, it was like the old couple that tried to defend their house that was on fire and did not get out in time. They seen the fallout from that hurt their movement badly.

The action with crime and immigration is up north on the peru and bolivian boarder, where illegal immigration runs alongside drug smugglers and such. Most are just looking for better life.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

John van der Linde

Post by John van der Linde » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Thanks everyone for commenting. Its no exaggeration for me to use the word 'eradicate'. We're being told by political leaders that this is eminent, and songs are sung at political rally's about this and its generally well recorded. This is still by no means as disturbing as the actual murders and torture taking place. Lauren Southern, a Canadian journalist has done good work on this and her videos can be found on Youtube. The Australian minister of Home Affairs has even publicly stated that he will fast track visas especially for farmers due to the dire situation we're in. My wife and I are not particularly keen on Australia and want to travel in Chile and Argentina as they are two fascinating countries and perhaps we would like to stay. I feel better about visiting Chile based on your replies. Thank you kindly

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Get out now while you can.

i know a few who have made the leap and they all say it was difficult to leave a lot of things behind and jump in to the unknown.

But they are all happy that they did.