chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:24 am

I may have had some second thoughts recently, but I have not changed my "for better or worse" mentality in regards to my decision to be in Chile.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:15 am

Not sure anyone is following this scandal that just blew up

The head of the senate is being charged with ttafficing immigrants and bribery.

http://www.pulso.cl/actualidad-politica ... iltracion/

The pdi even tapped his phone for 15 days.

He was trying to speed-up visas for 32 chinese.

Based on what know so far, there has to be a whole lot more to the story than what is out in the press. Tapping the phone of the head of the senate (DC party by the way), without a darn good reason would seem to be carrier sucide for all involved otherwise.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:46 am

Well now...

From today's EMOL:
SANTIAGO.- Cinco familias sirias, integrantes de las que llegaron hace 43 días al país como refugiados, iniciaron una protesta afuera de la sede de la ONU en Santiago para exigir salir de Chile.
After 6 weeks they've had enough. Just like the Croatian refugees some years ago. But I guess they see Chile as a stepping stone to somewhere else, somewhere more generous...
Après moi, le déluge

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:31 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:46 am
Well now...

From today's EMOL:
SANTIAGO.- Cinco familias sirias, integrantes de las que llegaron hace 43 días al país como refugiados, iniciaron una protesta afuera de la sede de la ONU en Santiago para exigir salir de Chile.
After 6 weeks they've had enough. Just like the Croatian refugees some years ago. But I guess they see Chile as a stepping stone to somewhere else, somewhere more generous...
I guess they would rather be in the war zone than here......hilarious...and sad :lol: :(
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:35 pm

I think it should be a "Tough Cookie" award for all of us that have to put up with all this shit and no solution in sight ( runaway all-around delinquency, high prices, no services, scams, ignorant drivers and more.) No such luck for us protesting in front the ONU offices. :lol:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Gloria wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:35 pm
I think it should be a "Tough Cookie" award for all of us that have to put up with all this shit and no solution in sight ( runaway all-around delinquency, high prices, no services, scams, ignorant drivers and more.) No such luck for us protesting in front the ONU offices. :lol:
Why not?

Won't bachelet be working there next?

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 pm
Gloria wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:35 pm
Why not?

Won't bachelet be working there next?
Bachelet's in her out and what can she do anyway.....she'll throw us a "bono or subsidio" to keep us quiet and replace those immigrants leaving for more Haitians.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:57 am

Well, that is not the first article about the Syrians not being happy. It seems they are still trying to figure out what skills these people have, to find them jobs. Don't you think that might have been a good question to ask when they were back in syria? It is one of the first questions I ask anyone that calls about moving to Chile.

Who would have thought that you could transplant people, with radically different cultural backgrounds, no language, no money, no special skills, no international travel experience, etc., to a completely different country and have that go well.

A while back, I was running the numbers on what it would cost to transplant a Syrian family to Chile (4 person family, not 3 wives and 20 kids family).

After thinking about that some more, I realized my costs would be about the same as what the Chilean government paid.

With security background checks (you would think the U.N. could do this a little cheaper), flights, renting apartment or house, spanish classes, food, etc, etc, it would be around $100,000 to $300,000 per family, with no frills. Done in some sort of bulk (economies of scale with more people), probably more on the $100,000 U.S. per family (being very generous here).

However, I almost certain it costs more than that $1.3 million dollars they are claiming. 64 people, moved by massive bureaucracies (U.N., Chilean gov, plus several other NGO's involved), to Chile. It took over two years to get them on the airplane. Just go over to the "can you afford to live in Chile " thread, and double that very conservative $50,000 U.S. it costs for a gringo from the U.S. or Europe to move to Chile, and you can see how that price tag does not really sound real.

My guess, and just guessing here, they spent, so far, more in the $3 million to 4 million range; and probably a lot more. I would not be surprised if it turns out they dropped $10 million U.S. on Bachelet's little hobby project, at least by the time the syrians complete their first year in Chile.

jack747

Post by jack747 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:05 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:24 am
I may have had some second thoughts recently, but I have not changed my "for better or worse" mentality in regards to my decision to be in Chile.
I've done a lot of lurking here, but this post actually made me want to post here. I see a lot of anti-Obama posts here and it seems like he was the end of the world. A lot of black or Muslims immigrants seems like the end of the world as well. I suppose that could be a coincidence. Please don't take offense, but I have to ask: is your feeling because they are black or Muslim or is it because of some other real reason?

It would be very easy to just dismiss what you have said, but I wonder if that is right. I'd rather ask than just assume and I'd rather get to the root issue instead of a knee jerk explanation.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 am

admin wrote:
Well, that is not the first article about the Syrians not being happy. It seems they are still trying to figure out what skills these people have, to find them jobs. Don't you think that might have been a good question to ask when they were back in syria? It is one of the first questions I ask anyone that calls about moving to Chile.

Who would have thought that you could transplant people, with radically different cultural backgrounds, no language, no money, no special skills, no international travel experience, etc., to a completely different country and have that go well.
They are not coming from Syria, and they are not coming as regular migrants, like most people in this forum, but are coming as refugees form refugee camps in Lebanon. There are between one million and 2 million Syrian refugees in Lebanon.

From what I read about the reasons for those four families wanting to leave, it seems that being able to find a job, or their travel experience, do not play a part.

It does not look as if there are any NGOs involved in the process of selection:

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=57885

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 am

I have been here since 2001. What I have seen happening first hand with immigration which includes regional countries and not just the Caribe in less than 10 years and especially within the last 5 to 3 years to present would not have been believable back in boring, brown to white, homogenous Chile during the early 2000s and I speak as a non-white foreigner familiar with the silent unspoken prejudice and borderline racism that can be encountered in Chilean society.

It is clearly evident that this is a top-down policy embracing open borders with virtually no checks, particularly under Bachelet who is angling for a second UN post after she completes her term. Most on this forum patiently jumped through all the hoops put up by the Chilean bureaucracy to legally become residents and now see what a sham it all was when certain countries are now migrating as "tourists" no questions asked.

You can anonymously psychoanalyze all you want from way up north as a non-resident perhaps never been here poster but we live here and committed a decent amount of energy, money and time to what was thought of as the most stable Ibero-America country. But the universal constant is change, way it is, we are dealing with it and examining things objectively looking at future impacts that no one in the Chilean media seems to want to consider and as Chile still allows politically incorrect speech at least on the net, we share and post.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:32 am

frozen-north wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 am

"..tras agresion contra mujer.........."
http://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/pais ... 81840.html