chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

fraggle092

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:59 am

Gloria wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:36 am
This is a fragile country with hardly any manufacturing or industry to speak of that depends mostly in the cooper that produces, .....where the jobs will be coming from to accommodate all those people?
Chile has always been a nation of immigrants. I'm an immigrant. I wouldn't have the gall to criticize anyone, whatever their origin, who comes here prepared to contribute to this country, as I do, and not just to be an additional burden on the meagre State resources.

I dislike the way this surreptitious, uncontrolled flood of Haitians has suddenly been allowed to happen. I seriously doubt that any background or health checks are carried out on them, as opposed to the recent farce of Mike Tyson's entry refusal based on an offence committed 20 years ago and for which he duly atoned, he did his time.

If I were conspiracy-minded I would say that its an attempt to destabilize the country by deliberately creating a dependent underclass. This government has, and continues to overstep the bounds of legality in its efforts to perpetuate itself in many other ways, after all..
Après moi, le déluge

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:50 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:59 am
If I were conspiracy-minded I would say that its an attempt to destabilize the country by deliberately creating a dependent underclass. This government has, and continues to overstep the bounds of legality in its efforts to perpetuate itself in many other ways, after all..
Bingo!

And Chile isn't the only country around the world doing the same thing. The U.S. under Obama, Germany under Merkel, France under Macron for example.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Expect more Haitians at a much higher level soon, Canada is preparing, 7 years ago Obama gave out 50.000 visas to "mostly" professionals after the earth quake......... Trump cancelled them as of next year........ They are all moving......
It's all about the wine.

jack747

Post by jack747 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:33 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:14 am
Offense? Fear mongering? Lack of details or none served up specifically to you because one is too lazy to see what has already been reported and posted previously (though you stalkingly seem to know a lot about my forum history) or the old let's ignore all that and just stir the pot for an otro vuelta. I'd say someone is trolling. Adios Sr. Baja Ca.
1. Asking genuine questions is not trolling unless you are Donald Trump

2. I'm not being lazy. I am actually looking for real information. Others have posted their positive interactions with immigrants. Have any immigrants committed any crimes against you or mistreated you? How has Chile changed for you?

3. So forum lurking is now stalking?

You post here private information concerning my location and act as if I should be scared. Yes, I am in Baja. Yes I have lived in Chile. Yes, I previously had business dealings with the forum sponsor. No worries. I'll be back in Chile. I'll utilize Spencer Global once again.

My only point in inquiring with you (I think you are very knowledgable) is that I want to know what the real deal is. Has Chile already changed for the worse? If so, in which ways? Or is it Trump inspired xenophobia that seems to be going around the world right now...think Poland, etc.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:33 pm

IMO, yes; already explained by me and others and the real issues are what happens over the longer term; Trump is also responsible for the callus on my big toe.

A reread of what others have found out especially the post on the off the record questioning of a PDI immigration official points to an interesting future for Chile and those who live here. As I doubt Chile will be deporting en masse or ever will be deporting en masse (more likely another mass amnesty or similar), Chile will irrevocably change, not hard to conclude. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out the many potential ways it could swing. One of course is free to disagree or ignore what I and others post. Why I was singled out when others have also posted what I assume you would consider controversial comments, I can only speculate and given your rhetoric, I have to assume that you are in full support of open borders, see nothing wrong with it and that anyone on the other side is xeno, Trump inspired, perhaps racist and must be Hasbara'd into line. I am through wasting my time on your non-trolling questions.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm

Trump is a pure genius ,comparing to all those brainwashed creatures that criticize him.

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm

bobserb wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Trump is a pure genius ,comparing to all those brainwashed creatures that criticize him.
Trump is smart and astute.

The real geniuses are Hillary, Bill, Obama, Pelosi, McConnell, Feinstein, Soros, McCain, etc.who managed to obscenely enrich themselves at the expense of most of the middle and lower classes while convincing them it was for their own good.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

jack747

Post by jack747 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Julito wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:21 am
An interesting thread. Putting the politics aside, there are some positives. Haitians are becoming more and more visible down South and the impression I'm getting is they're hard workers and grateful for the opportunity to work. We were in a Temuco seafood distribution outlet late last year and apart from the owner and the foreman all the employees were Haitian. Why? For the above reasons, plus they don't steal and they come to work every day as expected.

A large supermarket in Villarrica has recently employed 8 of them and they're not extras, they've replaced Chilean workers. So there seems to be a growing awareness among employers that Haitians are harder workers, and possibly less likely to go on strike when productivity issues arise.

I watched one on a shovel the other day and he was right into it, working fast to get the job done.

And this morning I saw one pushing a wheelbarrow, quickly, enthusiastically. As to their skills, perhaps there're some decent tradesmen amongst them. And they're not all uneducated. I know of one around here with a computor science degree.

A month or so ago I was at a party where there was a young couple with their baby daughter, he Haitian with passable English and good Spanish, his wife attractive, upper middle class, university educated and excellent English. So it seems the young Haitian blokes are starting to pull the Chilean birds too :)
Good to hear a positive and personal anecdote about immigration in Chile.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:20 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:06 pm
More from today's EMOL:

One of the refugees:
"Estamos asustados (...) Tenemos miedo por nuestras hermanas, esposas e hijos", explicó el refugiado Nabil Shehawi. Agregó que esperan ser trasladados a otro país, "quizás Canadá, Inglaterra o Suecia"
And from a local Syrian community leader:
...La Sociedad de Beneficencia Siria, que también ha participado del reasentamiento, rechazó la manifestación. El director, Adolfo Numi, calificó como "intransigente" la postura de los sirios...
....."Ahora está en evidencia, ellos querían llegar acá y aquí iban a hacer una batahola, para que los llevaran a Europa, como una manera de saltarse la cola. El error de ellos es que no hay cola, porque Europa no está recibiendo, está deportando", agregó.........."
I think that says it all.
I had a good chuckle at that. Bachelet got punked by a bunch of middle east con artist and human trafficers. Probably the worse one of all: the u.n. refugie agency.

Amateur.

Bachelet and friends are finding out the hard way, that the relocation biz is not as easy as it sounds. I hang up on hundreds of people a year trying to use Chile as a backdoor to the States and Europe. Most get about half dozen lies out in the 30 seconds before i hang up on them.

Bachelet should of hung-up on them too. Because if you don't hang-up on them, they keep calling back. Just Wait for it. This hole thing is going blow-up in to a much bigger international political scandal, as chile gets a reputation as a gateway country to the developed countries. Probably resulting in chile loosing its visa free travel, and a bunch of important trade relationship along with it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:28 pm

What's the possible solution to the problem? Ending the visa-free travel for the less developed neighbors?

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 pm

The sooner it blows, the better, as the longer it takes means we old timer immigrants who followed the rules and never demanded anything will get screwed in the fallout. But most here should intuitively know that.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

jack747

Post by jack747 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:37 am

admin wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:20 pm
fraggle092 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:06 pm

One of the refugees:
"Estamos asustados (...) Tenemos miedo por nuestras hermanas, esposas e hijos", explicó el refugiado Nabil Shehawi. Agregó que esperan ser trasladados a otro país, "quizás Canadá, Inglaterra o Suecia"
And from a local Syrian community leader:
...La Sociedad de Beneficencia Siria, que también ha participado del reasentamiento, rechazó la manifestación. El director, Adolfo Numi, calificó como "intransigente" la postura de los sirios...
....."Ahora está en evidencia, ellos querían llegar acá y aquí iban a hacer una batahola, para que los llevaran a Europa, como una manera de saltarse la cola. El error de ellos es que no hay cola, porque Europa no está recibiendo, está deportando", agregó.........."
I think that says it all.
I had a good chuckle at that. Bachelet got punked by a bunch of middle east con artist and human trafficers. Probably the worse one of all: the u.n. refugie agency.

Amateur.

Bachelet and friends are finding out the hard way, that the relocation biz is not as easy as it sounds. I hang up on hundreds of people a year trying to use Chile as a backdoor to the States and Europe. Most get about half dozen lies out in the 30 seconds before i hang up on them.

Bachelet should of hung-up on them too. Because if you don't hang-up on them, they keep calling back. Just Wait for it. This hole thing is going blow-up in to a much bigger international political scandal, as chile gets a reputation as a gateway country to the developed countries. Probably resulting in chile loosing its visa free travel, and a bunch of important trade relationship along with it.
Do you think that the next President will wind this up? I am rather surprised that Haiti was added to the no visa list agreement. Even some nationalities who can enter the US without a visa need a visa for Chile. It seems odd that Bachelet would do all of this just for hopes of some UN appointment, but stranger things have happened.

I assume that Pinera will roll them back, but does he have a good chance of winning? What is the boots on the ground opinion?