chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

41southchile

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by 41southchile » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:57 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:45 am
So, it seems that the Powers That Be are working on modernizing some immigration procedures. Extranjeria now has a FAQ/Freshdesk, which also allows for support requests:

https://extranjeriachile.freshdesk.com/support/home

I've also heard from unofficial, unconfirmed sources that they will start to share data between PDI and Extranjeria this year. They should be implementing a data-sharing system to remove the need for the "certificado de viajes" for permanent residency, and they will also start to speed up the permanent residency process. There's also talk of lots of new procedures being made available online. All hearsay at this time, but it gives me a lot of hope about stuff to come.
I came across an interesting report about how well public services rate around the world of the 30 something countries they surveyed Chile came in 24th this is what they said

Chile is ranked 24th overall
on the Index and its highest
score is for policy making
(ranked 9th).
Within the policy making indicator, Chile’s
quality of advice results are noteworthy
as it achieves the maximum score for
both metrics. Chile also does well on
procurement (ranked 11th).
Although Chile’s HR management score is
just below average, its scores for the
performance management theme are strong.
This includes achieving the maximum
score for the metric on the degree to
which performance assessments are
used in HR decision making.
The main indicators where Chile’s
performance is less strong relative to other
countries are crisis and risk management and
regulation. Chile’s tax administration scores
vary widely. The scores for the metrics which
assess the volume of online VAT, personal
and corporate tax returns are very high while
other results are relatively low.

Here's where I found the link (note the title aussies :wink: )

https://www.governmentnews.com.au/aps-f ... -as-kiwis/

Don't hold your breath waiting for any changes in the short term
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:34 pm

41southchile wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:57 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:45 am
So, it seems that the Powers That Be are working on modernizing some immigration procedures. Extranjeria now has a FAQ/Freshdesk, which also allows for support requests:

https://extranjeriachile.freshdesk.com/support/home

I've also heard from unofficial, unconfirmed sources that they will start to share data between PDI and Extranjeria this year. They should be implementing a data-sharing system to remove the need for the "certificado de viajes" for permanent residency, and they will also start to speed up the permanent residency process. There's also talk of lots of new procedures being made available online. All hearsay at this time, but it gives me a lot of hope about stuff to come.
I came across an interesting report about how well public services rate around the world of the 30 something countries they surveyed Chile came in 24th this is what they said

Chile is ranked 24th overall
on the Index and its highest
score is for policy making
(ranked 9th).
Within the policy making indicator, Chile’s
quality of advice results are noteworthy
as it achieves the maximum score for
both metrics. Chile also does well on
procurement (ranked 11th).
Although Chile’s HR management score is
just below average, its scores for the
performance management theme are strong.
This includes achieving the maximum
score for the metric on the degree to
which performance assessments are
used in HR decision making.
The main indicators where Chile’s
performance is less strong relative to other
countries are crisis and risk management and
regulation. Chile’s tax administration scores
vary widely. The scores for the metrics which
assess the volume of online VAT, personal
and corporate tax returns are very high while
other results are relatively low.

Here's where I found the link (note the title aussies :wink: )

https://www.governmentnews.com.au/aps-f ... -as-kiwis/

Don't hold your breath waiting for any changes in the short term
obviously it ranks high on the list of people that are high that make ranking list that put chile so high on such list. :lol:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

mem

Post by mem » Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am

I am really saddened by this video with what is going on with the Haitians.

It makes me sick that ruthless landlords are exploiting the Haitians...just look at the conditions in the video. It honestly reminds me of slums in Calcutta.

Publishing their test results and targeting them with neighbors throwing rocks at them!

Regardless of what one may think of Haitians or the culture, to treat any immigrant like this is abhorrent and deplorable.

Chile is better than this.

https://www.ALJAZEERA IS BANNED/news/2020/05/ ... 35187.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2020 10:29 am

aljazeera has been talking none stop shit about chile since October. Guess the pay from russia is good.

last week they were running articles trying to link what pinera is doing with the pandemic to what bolsenaro in brazil is doing.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon May 18, 2020 10:53 am

mem wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am

https://www.ALJAZEERA IS BANNED/news/2020/05/ ... 35187.html
Are they though , really? Theres Lot of shitty people out there with screw everyone else attitude and let their emotionsbe driven by fear and hate of things that are different. Whip up a little mob mentality and they are as primitive as anyone else in any other given country, its just basic primitive human instincts and we think we are so advanced because we have a bit of technology. Strange how we have advanced on so many other superficial levels, but the mob mentality and predjiduce is impossible to change, its hardwired, we might as well be living in caves with iPhones.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:10 pm

That report is a pretty fair description of what has been going on here for the last few years with those unfortunates.
mem wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am
I am really saddened by this video with what is going on with the Haitians.

It makes me sick that ruthless landlords are exploiting the Haitians...just look at the conditions in the video. It honestly reminds me of slums in Calcutta.
Nothing new there. Its being going on since the Haitians started to arrive. I made the same point at the time and was pooh-poohed by some of the more "enlightened" forumites.

Publishing their test results and targeting them with neighbors throwing rocks at them!
Same thing has been done to Chileans by Chileans. With Arson and death threats as well.

Regardless of what one may think of Haitians or the culture, to treat any immigrant like this is abhorrent and deplorable.
Of course it is. But they didn't immigrate, they were allowed to enter as "tourists" which freed the government of any responsibility for their welfare in return for humanitarian brownie points on the cheap for Ms. Bachelet. And it worked - for her at least. Despicable behaviour that has gone unquestioned to this day.

Chileans don't let humanitarian considerations stand in the way of making money. Every town in Chile has, or had, similar ghettoes. I know there is a wretched Haitian shantytown on the outskirts of La Serena, which at least frees them from those rapacious landlords. The worst thing is that despite the misery, they still may be better off here than back home...
And given the current state of the world, I think the era of mass migration has come to an end.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon May 18, 2020 2:46 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:10 pm

And given the current state of the world, I think the era of mass migration has come to an end.
I think you are right , for the time being, govts may even start sending migrants back , however it will be a temporary halt, who knows maybe 5 years . But it will be back, its been going on since the 1800s. While there are desperate people looking for better opportunities in countries better off than where they live, then it wont come to end

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 pm

41southchile wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:46 pm
fraggle092 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:10 pm

I think you are right , for the time being, govts may even start sending migrants back , however it will be a temporary halt, who knows maybe 5 years . But it will be back, its been going on since the 1800s. While there are desperate people looking for better opportunities in countries better off than where they live, then it wont come to end
I suspect that compassion for the less fortunate will be in short supply in the next few years. With fears of economic hardship and imported disease, it will be easy for governments to obtain mandates to stop immigration by force if necessary. We are already seeing an increase in (imho currently justified) authoritarianism everywhere thanks to the Coronavirus.
That's my CLP $2 worth anyway.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2020 4:47 pm

everyone from the bolivians and peruvians to the Venezuelans are leaving.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN22Q3L0

These groups were at best marginally employed or employable when the economy was booming.

Guess who has to suck it up?

The poor in Chile. so, yea, they are not too happy about seeing blacks (regardless of country) in their nieghborhoods.

As I said way earlier in this thread, you can not force people to stop being racists, especially when they are unemployed and having to compete with those very immigrants for jobs, schools, government resources, and now hospitals and medical services.

perhaps they should all go camp out at bachelet's house. She is the one that decided to violate everyone's human rights by dumping thousands of poor, uneducated people in to the ghettos of Santiago while intentionally undermining the entire economy.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2020 4:56 pm

as bad as being stuck in Santiago might be for haitens, it is still not haiti

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN22N1DT

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon May 18, 2020 5:23 pm

admin wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:56 pm
as bad as being stuck in Santiago might be for haitens, it is still not haiti

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN22N1DT
"Haiti has registered just 182 cases to date and 15 deaths."

Emphasis on "registered". Haiti has been a ruin for a very long time, and no one can get me to believe in their numbers.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon May 18, 2020 7:32 pm

admin wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:47 pm
The poor in Chile. so, yea, they are not too happy about seeing blacks (regardless of country) in their nieghborhoods.
My mother-in-law owns an old unoccupied apartment in Lo Espejo that my wife occasionally goes to (she grew up and raised her two daughters there so she is considered a homie in that hood) to verify all is in order (a long time neighbor helps keep on eye on it). There is a similar apartment nearby with around 20 something Haitians living in it and the persons circulating in the area streets are no longer flaite, roto, white to brown working class Chilean poor but mainly other Haitians and darker skinned immigrants.

There are whispers not to go near that apartment because who knows how all those people are being fed (implications of long pig stew). :shock: :P
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard