chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

41southchile

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by 41southchile » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Yeah let's keep throwing crap onto the Haitians shall we I mean we already have some really high stock immigrants here we don't need those dodgy Haitians round these ways.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/german-in ... ains-free/

Don't get me wrong this area down South wouldn't be what it is today without them and their hardwork but there's a lot of dodgy stuff went onto with the Germans. Haitians certainly couldn't be any worse, or Dominicans or Venezuelans or Cubans or Asians who were all mentioned on the radio this morning amongst the 600 or so that Admin mentioned lined up in Puerto Montt. While there maybe some bad apples along the way with any immigrants many will probably contribute positively to future generations, just like the Germans, but without the free land I guess. Like the Germans all immigrants are looking for a better life and Chile will be better off with them eventually, just like Chile has become better off with all the freedom of travel and emigration of Chilens to other countries, especially in the last decade or so with all the young gaining international perspectives with their ability to live in other countries and apying that back in Chile.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:31 pm

Most of the automation in chile i see coming will be the following industries:

Mining: dirty and dangerious for humans anyway, and chilean mining workers are some of the most expensive in the world. The cost of safty regulation alone will likly pay for the automation.

Agro: chile has a running deficit of people to do things like pick fruit. When i arrived in chile, tractors were still relatively few and far between. Not anymore.

Professional drivers: they make up a massive percentage of low income jobs in chile. Everything from the taxi driver to big rig drivers are prime targets for replacment.

Retail: another area that can be automated in a lot of ways.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:51 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:31 pm
Most of the automation in chile i see coming will be the following industries:

Mining: dirty and dangerious for humans anyway, and chilean mining workers are some of the most expensive in the world. The cost of safty regulation alone will likly pay for the automation.

Agro: chile has a running deficit of people to do things like pick fruit. When i arrived in chile, tractors were still relatively few and far between. Not anymore.

Professional drivers: they make up a massive percentage of low income jobs in chile. Everything from the taxi driver to big rig drivers are prime targets for replacment.

Retail: another area that can be automated in a lot of ways.
Exactly admin, Chile is perfect for automated trucks especially up and down the ruta 5, would be safer for a start, theres almost a need for a third lane for the ruta 5 from Santiago to at least Chillan, I would say a dedicated driver less truck lane, That would be impressive.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 01, 2018 8:05 am

Looks like 61,000 and change so far have applied.

Funny story. Seems a colombian drug dealer with numerious arrests, and interpol warrents, decided to apply. The PDI ran his id, arrested him, and deported him on the spot. So i guess not everyone is welcome.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue May 01, 2018 4:45 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 pm
Yeah let's keep throwing crap onto the Haitians shall we I mean we already have some really high stock immigrants here we don't need those dodgy Haitians round these ways.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/german-in ... ains-free/

Don't get me wrong this area down South wouldn't be what it is today without them and their hardwork but there's a lot of dodgy stuff went onto with the Germans. Haitians certainly couldn't be any worse, or Dominicans or Venezuelans or Cubans or Asians who were all mentioned on the radio this morning amongst the 600 or so that Admin mentioned lined up in Puerto Montt. While there maybe some bad apples along the way with any immigrants many will probably contribute positively to future generations, just like the Germans, but without the free land I guess. Like the Germans all immigrants are looking for a better life and Chile will be better off with them eventually, just like Chile has become better off with all the freedom of travel and emigration of Chilens to other countries, especially in the last decade or so with all the young gaining international perspectives with their ability to live in other countries and apying that back in Chile.

I agree, well said......
It's all about the wine.

Julito

Post by Julito » Tue May 01, 2018 7:10 pm

I concur...

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed May 02, 2018 4:47 pm

But the Germans are white, instead the others you mentioned are much darker than the Mapuches. Don't think that other ethnics that are non whites to be contributing much to future chilean economics. Unless they emigrate to Chile holding university degrees in Agriculture,Engineering,Economics, BA etc.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Wed May 02, 2018 5:57 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:47 pm
But the Germans are white, instead the others you mentioned are much darker than the Mapuches. Don't think that other ethnics that are non whites to be contributing much to future chilean economics. Unless they emigrate to Chile holding university degrees in Agriculture,Engineering,Economics, BA etc.
If you move one million Germans to one limited area ,you will likely get Germany's life style.
If you move one million Haitians or Dominicans to the same area, you will get small Haiti or small Dominican Republic.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 03, 2018 9:09 am

Im ok with that, as long as immigrants come from a culture of good food. It should be its own special visa. People that know how cook and plan to open restaurants.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 am

admin wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:09 am
Im ok with that, as long as immigrants come from a culture of good food. It should be its own special visa. People that know how cook and plan to open restaurants.
Amen!

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:27 am

Our experience with Haitians has not been encouraging. Neither of the two we briefly employed separately had ever worked before, and so had to be repeatedly shown how to do the most basic tasks, without much success.

As they were unfamiliar with regular employment, an 8-hour workday seemed too much for them to handle, they both wanted to quit after a few hours and receive a full days pay.

Given the mediocre performance of Chilean workers, our expectations are quite low, but those Haitians were unemployable, even by our necessarily "relaxed" standards.

Sorry if the above jolts any equalitarian sensibilities.....
Après moi, le déluge

Julito

Post by Julito » Thu May 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Sounds you got unlucky or had a faulty selection criteria. Yours isn't the experience of employers here. Nor is it what I observe every single day ie. Haitians boarding early morning bus's and heading off to work. They've obviously got full time jobs somewhere, as do the many I see working around town.