Chile Residency, Citizenship, tourism and Criminal records

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Spudzilla

Re: Chile Residency, Citizenship, tourism and Criminal records

Post by Spudzilla » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:35 pm

There are all sorts of FBI " channelers" on the internet that say it can take as little as 72 hours. Also private companies to process apostilles. It seems to me if it is important these things can be expedited.
Also my understanding of the FBI background check shows all ARREST records, not just convictions.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:06 am

Yea typically local law state, sherrif, etc enforcment can iffue them faster than the fbi directly.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

papageno

Post by papageno » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:20 pm

Spudzilla wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:35 pm
There are all sorts of FBI " channelers" on the internet that say it can take as little as 72 hours. Also private companies to process apostilles. It seems to me if it is important these things can be expedited.
Also my understanding of the FBI background check shows all ARREST records, not just convictions.
i just went through this: the channelers use Livescan, a biometric system, and yes, you can have the results back in 48 hours or less--processed and delivered. The delay is in sending the printout BACK to the FBI for apostilling, which adds about a week. So theoretically one could choroeograph the process in order to have an official, apostilled print-out in hand when arriving inChile, dated within Chile's window. The catches are 1) Livescan isn't available everywhere; 2) Residency restrictions may apply vis. one's home address vs. the Livescan location; 3) if for anyreason Livescan isn't an option, the system reverts to using ink and fingerprint cards which can take MONTHS.
I utilized Livescan for both FBI and California DOJ, it worked perfectly in both cases.

Monetmona

Post by Monetmona » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:36 am

Regarding Renista visa and citizenship application, can I apply for renista visa since the first week of arriving there, and in case that all required documents are complete, generally, how long does it take to get approved. Also, upon receiving renista visa and living in Chile for 1 year, can I file citizenship application, thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Monetmona wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:36 am
Regarding Renista visa and citizenship application, can I apply for renista visa since the first week of arriving there, and in case that all required documents are complete, generally, how long does it take to get approved. Also, upon receiving renista visa and living in Chile for 1 year, can I file citizenship application, thanks
Wrong thread, and covered a million times on the forum.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:01 am

Monetmona wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:36 am
If Chile gave out citizenships in a year, half the world would come here for a second passport. It's 5 years officially and 6-7 years or more in practice.

(This reminds me of the "Argentinian passport can be obtained in 2 years" myth that is still alive online.)

Monetmona

Post by Monetmona » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:40 am

Half of the world qualify for renista visa? It was just my question, doubt and attempt, if that's impossible, then, just say it's a myth/wrong information.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:39 am

Monetmona wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:40 am
Half of the world qualify for renista visa? It was just my question, doubt and attempt, if that's impossible, then, just say it's a myth/wrong information.
You can apply immediately but the immigration department is collapsing under the number of applications, so just getting a visa could take up to 7-8 months (one of my friends was waiting for 10). Then sometimes they can issue you a shorter visa (I got just a 6 months one for the first time), so yo will have to apply for a second visa and wait again.

In case you get the best possible scenario, it’s 6 months waiting for the year-long visa + 9 months living as a rentier before you can apply for permanent residency + 8 months waiting for it + 4.5 years living as a resident before you can apply for citizenship + at least 1 year waiting for your passport = 7.5 years. But it can easily become a year more because of the current waiting times.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Yea there are a bunch of con artist and crappy spam news sites advertising all kinds of stupid things about immigration in chile right now. Some are very main stream. I seen a bloomberg article recently, that quoted some scumbag immigration attorney in the united states that are not even legaly allowed to operate in chile, that it takes a week to get perment residency in chile. Not true, and never has been true.

There are a bunch of middle east papers publishing articles such as chile is giving away direct citizenship to palestines and syrian refugies. Also not true. Not only not true, but chile has been very hostile to middle east immigrants since 2001, as they are subject to national security vetting. It is about 1000 times more difficult for someone from the middle east to immigrate to chile.

The only ones benfiting from those articles are human trafficers looking to take money from people that dont have a lot of money to loose.

I suspect as more countries shutdown refugee routes, those human trafficers will look to places like chile.

Chile is cracking down on economic refugee immigration too. I suspect poor migrants are going to have fewer and fewer routes to immigrate to chile. Money, skills, and education will all be more important requiments in the coming years.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:25 pm

You want to buy a citizenship, 1 year and 500-700k USD get you into the EU through Malta.......that's about it these days...
It's all about the wine.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:30 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:25 pm
You want to buy a citizenship, 1 year and 500-700k USD get you into the EU through Malta.......that's about it these days...
The problem my dear nwdiver is...Chile´s not in EU and the only Malta you´ll find here is the drinkable kind "Morenita".Salud!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Gloria wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:30 pm
nwdiver wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:25 pm
The problem my dear nwdiver is...Chile´s not in EU and the only Malta you´ll find here is the drinkable kind "Morenita".Salud!
And that espumante negra cerveza dulce is how do I say, not drinkable to my palate but your mileage may vary..Despite like the Irish kind though..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.