Acreditando actividad e ingresos for permanencia definitiva

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

proger

Re: Acreditando actividad e ingresos for permanencia definitiva

Post by proger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:25 am

And all of this because you've lost your cm somewhere?

Juanito

Post by Juanito » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:13 am

proger wrote:And all of this because you've lost your cm somewhere?
Lost my what? I lost permanencia definitiva because I was overseas too long, and didn't get it mailed in for the prorroga (extension) in time.

proger

Post by proger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Yeah that's too bad... Must be crappy doing all over again

Once how much time this poronga has to Be maid?

Juanito

Post by Juanito » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:02 pm

You have to do the prorroga if you're going to be out of Chile for a year. You could do the prorroga 4 times in a row, before you'd have to return.

Juanito

Post by Juanito » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:51 pm

admin wrote:That is not what they are asking. I will have to get back to you later with the explanation.

We are seeing a lot of problems now with applications with people married to a chileans, being denied by immigration. We never have encountered. Just another sign of the politucal mess at immigration.
Do you think a letter from my employer stating how long I've been employed, and what I earn would be good enough? I'd get it notarized and then apostilled with secretary of state?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Juanito wrote:
admin wrote:That is not what they are asking. I will have to get back to you later with the explanation.

We are seeing a lot of problems now with applications with people married to a chileans, being denied by immigration. We never have encountered. Just another sign of the politucal mess at immigration.
Do you think a letter from my employer stating how long I've been employed, and what I earn would be good enough? I'd get it notarized and then apostilled with secretary of state?
Would it be for you extremely burdensome going directly to an extranjeria office and ask them the same questions? don't you think it would be so much easier than asking in a forum something so important such as this? It's not like you have to travel on the back of a mule thru the mountains, crossing rivers, starving yourself in your way there. :roll:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

Juanito

Post by Juanito » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Gloria wrote:
Juanito wrote:

Would it be for you extremely burdensome going directly to an extranjeria office and ask them the same questions? don't you think it would be so much easier than asking in a forum something so important such as this? It's not like you have to travel on the back of a mule thru the mountains, crossing rivers, starving yourself in your way there. :roll:
He suggested that he had an explanation, and I consider him much more reliable than Extranjeria.

But thanks for replying. :roll:

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:40 pm

As someone who went to Extranjeria today to help a friend and saw 200+ people packed in the building, I find it extremely reasonable to ask questions to a qualified group of helpful and experienced veterans (and also, Gloria). As the old saying says: asking cannot hurt, specially when you're asking to someone who doesn't have any power and capacity to hold grudges to hinder your bureaucracy processes (yes, I saw that happen previously).

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Juanito, please report on the Rancagua Extranjería, probably a lot less hellish than the Santiasco office.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 pm

You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

Juanito

Post by Juanito » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 am

Juanito wrote:Sent in paystubs... application is in motion, but just got a letter from extranjeria saying that they need:

- CERTIFICADO CONSULAR QUE ACREDITE LOS INGRESOS PERCIBIDOS DESDE EL EXTRANJERO MAS LA VALIDEZ DE SU CONTRATO.

How would I get a certificado like this? I don't think the US embassy will create any documents.. I'm a little confused. I have my paystubs, and I can get a document from my job about how long I've been employed with them, etc. I'm just not sure the steps I need to take...

I'm grateful for any advice...
Extranjeria told me to get a document from the US embassy in Santiago. Not an option. US embassy doesn't do anything with documents for Chile.

So they said to check with the Consulado Chileno in the US, but they don't do any documents now (since apostilles exist).

I suggested what I was thinking of doing.. having my employer prepare a letter, and then get that notarized and apostilled in the US and sent to me.

The funcionario shrugged and said, "you could try that." Viva Chile.