Acreditando actividad e ingresos for permanencia definitiva

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Juanito

Acreditando actividad e ingresos for permanencia definitiva

Post by Juanito » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:05 pm

Married to a Chilena for 9+ years. I lost my PD a few years ago by accident when we were overseas for awhile.

Now it's time to do it the PD process again, after almost a year with temporary visa. I'm doing the process with vinculo con chileno.

We live in Chile permanently now, but I work remotely for a US company. I have biweekly paystubs, but no real contract I could show (although I've been employed full-time with the company for almost 10 years).

The part that I'm not sure about how to "acreditar actividad e ingresos" on my application, since I work for a US company, over the internet. I've owned a house in Chile for 10 years (I know this doesn't give me any special advantages). I do pay for an Isapre for my family. I saw someone in this forum suggest that I keep my application as simple as possible, but I'm not sure what to include for finances. My wife does not work, so we couldn't say that she supports me.

If anybody has gone through this process recently, and could provide any advice, it would be appreciated!

edit- already sent in my application. further update below.

Space Cat

Re: Acreditando actividad e ingresos for permanencia definitiva

Post by Space Cat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:07 pm

I can only say that it's extremely long right now, we are waiting since July.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:27 pm

TE-10 stuff? Just show photocopies of your past 12 months of paystubs. English site in the past said something like 8 months, can't remember but do look it up.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Juanito

Post by Juanito » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Sent in paystubs... application is in motion, but just got a letter from extranjeria saying that they need:

- CERTIFICADO CONSULAR QUE ACREDITE LOS INGRESOS PERCIBIDOS DESDE EL EXTRANJERO MAS LA VALIDEZ DE SU CONTRATO.

How would I get a certificado like this? I don't think the US embassy will create any documents.. I'm a little confused. I have my paystubs, and I can get a document from my job about how long I've been employed with them, etc. I'm just not sure the steps I need to take...

I'm grateful for any advice...

at46

Post by at46 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Juanito wrote:Sent in paystubs... application is in motion, but just got a letter from extranjeria saying that they need:

- CERTIFICADO CONSULAR QUE ACREDITE LOS INGRESOS PERCIBIDOS DESDE EL EXTRANJERO MAS LA VALIDEZ DE SU CONTRATO.

How would I get a certificado like this? I don't think the US embassy will create any documents.. I'm a little confused. I have my paystubs, and I can get a document from my job about how long I've been employed with them, etc. I'm just not sure the steps I need to take...

I'm grateful for any advice...
If the US embassy here is not going to give you any docs, maybe try Chilean consulate in the States? Or ask your company to give you a letter printed on their letterhead paper stating your pay and duration of employment. Get it translated and notarized e voila!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 pm

That is not what they are asking. I will have to get back to you later with the explanation.

We are seeing a lot of problems now with applications with people married to a chileans, being denied by immigration. We never have encountered. Just another sign of the politucal mess at immigration.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:22 pm

I have a Texan friend married to a Chilena and he makes at least 50 grand working remotely with IT. And even then he is having some Extranjeria troubles, as they don't seem to understand the magic concept of being paid for work done overseas.

Meanwhile, random Emmanuel comes from Haiti, lives in a warehouse, barely has any Chilean contacts, makes minimum wage and "easily" get his PD because he has a contract with a random Chilean maestro.

I began working remotely exactly ten years ago, when getting paid from abroad in Brazil was a nightmare. The number of people sending and receiving money from abroad increases everyday (IE. there are Creole speaking cash transfer agencies near Plaza de Armas and the places are aways packed), but it seems Chilean bureaucrats are frozen in time somewhere in the 90s. They could easily accept, let's say, 10, 20 or even 100 Chilean minimum wages in a bank account as a proof you have sufficient funds to make ends meet.

This place...

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Things are really f'ed if even the spouses of Chileans with proofs of income are receiving a hard time getting PD...for those who don't know my story, I was actually called in for an interview at the local PDI office for PD which according to the All Chile Forum was not normal especally for Santiago residents.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Juanito wrote:Married to a Chilena for 9+ years. I lost my PD a few years ago by accident when we were overseas for awhile.

Now it's time to do it the PD process again, after almost a year with temporary visa. I'm doing the process with vinculo con chileno.

We live in Chile permanently now, but I work remotely for a US company. I have biweekly paystubs, but no real contract I could show (although I've been employed full-time with the company for almost 10 years).

The part that I'm not sure about how to "acreditar actividad e ingresos" on my application, since I work for a US company, over the internet. I've owned a house in Chile for 10 years (I know this doesn't give me any special advantages). I do pay for an Isapre for my family. I saw someone in this forum suggest that I keep my application as simple as possible, but I'm not sure what to include for finances. My wife does not work, so we couldn't say that she supports me.

If anybody has gone through this process recently, and could provide any advice, it would be appreciated!
I moved here back in 2011, and Spencer helped me get my PD while I was working remotely. Things went pretty smoothly, and I'd recommend hiring them instead of doing it yourself. They know things about how the system works here, and where it's pretty messed up, that you can't know without lots of experience. For me, it was cheaper to have them do it, than try to do it myself.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

Juanito

Post by Juanito » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:27 am

I'm wondering if it would be enough to have the secretary of my company who is based in the United States, to prepare a document, get it notarized, and apostilled, and send that to me. The Chilean consulate don't even need to legalize documents now because of the apostilles.

It's confusing that they're asking for "certificado consular" when that isn't really something available? Unless I'm missing something.

proger

Post by proger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 am

Seems like getting payrolls from abroad is a mess in most of the countries, in Uruguay it was the same...
Better have some a job in Chile for a year the make it more easy, no?

By the way, do they require any minimum threshold for your income?

Juanito

Post by Juanito » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:09 am

proger wrote:Seems like getting payrolls from abroad is a mess in most of the countries, in Uruguay it was the same...
Better have some a job in Chile for a year the make it more easy, no?

By the way, do they require any minimum threshold for your income?
I've heard of people getting it with 300. I'm probably going to have to do this if I'm just given temporary again.