New Regulations for Residency in Chile, 2016

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Re: New Regulations for Residency in Chile, 2016

Post by admin » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Nothing else has changed.

A severance payment may or may not qualify. Absolutely could not make any guarantees about how immigration will view that. It is a government payment, so they should lean towards accepting it at least for temporary residency.

The 14 months is our number. It keeps you from needing to legalize more documents. If you for instance have 8 months of income that get's you temporary residency, when you go to apply for permanent residency you will need to submit another, new, legalized proof of periodic income. We delays in processing and such that 14 months is about the minimal amount of time. Obviously you can do it the hard way, legalizing two documents, but that is totally dependent on you own situation and your source of income. Some people need to do that. I would say most people that apply can prove that their payments will continue, and thus why go through the hassle of legalizing the documentation of income a second time.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Space Cat wrote:
admin wrote:3. Contracts for employment with companies outside Chile, will no longer be accepted as proof of periodic source of income, when applying for under the retirement and periodic income visa. Only sources of "true" passive income will be accepted. You can still work for a company outside of Chile, just it will not be sufficient for obtaining a visa under the retirement and periodic income visa. You will need something like a pension, social security, even a rental income from outside the country.
But why... This cuts out many high income professionals like programmers and designers. Any visa alternatives for remote workers?
aahh, not really. If your a high-income worker, you should be able to come up with some other source of periodic income, and there are other options such as the professional visa.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Wiggum

Post by Wiggum » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:37 pm

admin wrote: A severance payment may or may not qualify. Absolutely could not make any guarantees about how immigration will view that. It is a government payment, so they should lean towards accepting it at least for temporary residency.
Thanks, so basically i just have to try it and hope that providing other documents like bank statements will benefit a positive decision about my application.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:13 pm

admin, thanks a lot for the clarification. I've got worried because my work-based periodic income visa is waiting for approval for over 6 months already, so I hope these rules do not apply to previous applications.

Do you know if "substantially reside" rule allows any long trips (2-4 weeks)?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:01 am

that just sound like super slow department of immigration. The Dec to February time is the busiest part of the year in terms of filings, yet also when the regular immigration people go on vacation.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:44 pm

Hey Von Wiggum, what ever but you should hurry up before Chilean Guvmnt shut the door on your petition!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Wiggum

Post by Wiggum » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:15 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:Hey Von Wiggum, what ever but you should hurry up before Chilean Guvmnt shut the door on your petition!
There is not much i can do about that, they wont let me go before October or November...maybe September.
If i leave before (not that this would be possible) i would lose my complete severance payment ($35,000 total).

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Wiggum wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:Hey Von Wiggum, what ever but you should hurry up before Chilean Guvmnt shut the door on your petition!
There is not much i can do about that, they wont let me go before October or November...maybe September.
If i leave before (not that this would be possible) i would lose my complete severance payment ($35,000 total).
i would lose my complete severance payment ($35,000 total)
Ugh, that chunk of change equals to about 2 years expense there in Chilitolandia.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:41 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wiggum wrote:
Ugh, that chunk of change equals to about 2 years expense there in Chilitolandia.
:lol: ...wouldn't you love to have it! :lol:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wiggum wrote:
Whmmm, not even a feel for it. If talking of US$3.5 mil, then may be. Wiggum would need way more than that to live in Chile lindo, unless he goes to Valdivia's campo then that money stretches. But hear there in SA countries, average monthly wages range in the vicinity of US350.00. So US35.000 would go a long way, if Wiggum assimilates the Chilean low income genre.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:06 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wiggum wrote:
Whmmm, not even a feel for it. If talking of US$3.5 mil, then may be. Wiggum would need way more than that to live in Chile lindo, unless he goes to Valdivia's campo then that money stretches. But hear there in SA countries, average monthly wages range in the vicinity of US350.00. So US35.000 would go a long way, if Wiggum assimilates the Chilean low income genre.
As they say....to each its own! It all boils down to what makes you happy!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

AHusband

Post by AHusband » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:37 am

I think it has been stated elsewhere, but I think you need 20m CLP (30k USD) per year to live in Chile and if you want to be international/etc you need 40m CLP (60k USD) per year.