New Regulations for Residency in Chile, 2016

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

shaicollins

Re: New Regulations for Residency in Chile, 2016

Post by shaicollins » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:39 pm

how can u assistant with information am from Africa I will love to relocate to Chile and work ,pls I need advice

bigfort

Post by bigfort » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:57 pm

How about applying for nationality some years after receiving the permanent residency based on the periodic income visa? I obtained temporal residency back in 2012 and went straight for permanent residency after the first year on that bases. Should I be registering a Chilean company and pay myself a wage through that instead of the foreign business in order to qualify for nationality in a few months?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:57 am

bigfort wrote:How about applying for nationality some years after receiving the permanent residency based on the periodic income visa? I obtained temporal residency back in 2012 and went straight for permanent residency after the first year on that bases. Should I be registering a Chilean company and pay myself a wage through that instead of the foreign business in order to qualify for nationality in a few months?
That really has no relevancy to applying for citizenship. Will not hurt you nor help you. You do need to have your tax situation in Chile straightened out to apply for citizenship.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Mon May 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Finally got my permanencia definitiva after full 10 months of waiting. It was actually ready in March but it took 2 more months for documents to reach Los Ríos.