Lawyer

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

frozen-north

Re: Lawyer

Post by frozen-north » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:20 pm

One other thing I remember from the story above is that the wife was very happy that he happened to be home when she received the phone call, it would have been quite unsettling for her if she had been left with the doubts. I think it was something along the line of 'Why would she tell me something like this if it wasn't true?'

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:32 pm

Its could be that your spouse has been gotten to by someone who wants to see the pair of you separated. The motive could be envy, or malice, or perhaps because as a gringo you are seen as a "good catch" , there are many predators of both sexes who will try to muscle in to an established relationship if they can see something in it for them.

Or, hurtful as it sounds, perhaps your wife just wants you to go, and the whole scandal is just a pretext to get you out. Seems a bit odd to be asking for half the value of the property so soon.

I would try to get someone sympathetic in your wife's family who can talk to her, perhaps find out some more information, and convince her to reconsider. If its just a fit of jealousy these things can blow over after a while.

But I would also hire a Private Investigator if the situation cant be cleared up in a few days.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

El Chupacabra

Post by El Chupacabra » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:36 pm

NVM.
Living the life!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:06 am

yea, sounds like until you figure out what is going on, we would not be of much help and divorce is likely a bit premature.

Just watch out for her shifting assets in to her name alone, selling assets, or transferring them to someone else's name. We see that happen all the time in the lead up to a divorce.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:59 pm

I have do some research today. And in fact there is a woman that fit the description, due to my copy paste. On the other hand she could be used as me, I don't know?
Another thing is that when she telling that she was looking in my eyes, telling that I was lying, she was more occupied with texturing on the mobile tlf, she ask me about a cup of coffee, I prepared it, and when I come back she was talking with some one, and that some one was her son. During about one hour, she have 2 tlf conversation and lot of message writing.

To say it very simple her son hate me, most because I don't take order from him. I still have the paper on the escopeta, and wonder if I should give it to the police, and tell that my wife pick it up, with a writing confirmation from the campo taxi driver. My guess is that her son maybe sold it on the black marked. Her son is well known by the police, and I don't like to think he have it.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:35 pm

You need to get your ass straight to the Carabineros, and submit a constancia about theat shotgun.
No joke. If that gun is in your name you are very vulnerable.
Good luck. You are going to need it.
Be strong, figure it out, legally protect your property, and prepare an exit plan. They are going to eat you alive otherwise.
Don't Tread On Me Either.

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:27 pm

the Gun is in my wife fathers name, but he have been dead since 2001, and the paper is in his name, and guess that the responsebility belong to my mother in law the widow.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:40 pm

GringoVikingo wrote:the Gun is in my wife fathers name, but he have been dead since 2001, and the paper is in his name, and guess that the responsebility belong to my mother in law the widow.
Then dont touch it. Dont permit it on your property.
Try not to get shot with it either.
Be the first to make a constancia if your situation gets physical in any way. Including threats.
With today's youth on serious drugs, and unstable emotions involved, youre very well looking at the eventuality.
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!
Don't Tread On Me Either.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:08 pm

fraggle092 wrote:Its could be that your spouse has been gotten to by someone who wants to see the pair of you separated.
That happened to me before, with an ex-girlfriend.
fraggle092 wrote:Seems a bit odd to be asking for half the value of the property so soon.
Maybe the person doing this, is trying to get the property cheap. And is manipulating the wife, hoping to make her desperate, so she'll want to sell it quickly. Or that could at least be part of it.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin