Lawyer

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

GringoVikingo

Lawyer

Post by GringoVikingo » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:12 pm

oh I need a lawyer, in something looking like its going to end in divorse.
I think this is a win case, and I have nothing to hide
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

HybridAmbassador

Re: Lawyer

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:27 pm

GringoVikingo wrote:oh I need a lawyer, in something looking like its going to end in divorse.
I think this is a win case, and I have nothing to hide
Please define "divorse ".
Why do you need a lawyer to conduct a divorse ?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:28 pm

ok I spell that wrong divorce is the word, and it's my wife that sign some paper at the Police station, claiming we are not living together, due to I have been unfaithful with a woman I don't know, or even don't know if she exsist. We have been married for 10 years, and all this happen in less than 24 hour. She send me a mail and reduce me to a low life individ.
So I have a question, can my wife sell half of our land in the country during the time it take to be divorced?
The land is under my name!
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

jamie_m

Post by jamie_m » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:29 pm

< NO EMAIL > Hybrid, I can't believe you actually asked that question. Do you own a tv? Can you read? Do you live alone under a rock?

jamie_m

Post by jamie_m » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 pm

I would contact Zandra from SpencerGlobal, she is an expert in this field.

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:28 pm

Any kids?
If not she can only drag you down a couple rings of hell.
I believe only you can sell what is in your name.
But she can sue for divorce, alimenticia, etc.
Yep, get a GOOD lawyer.
Don't Tread On Me Either.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:33 am

We do handle divorces between foreigners and Chileans, and just foreigners.

Your wife, unless there is more to the story, can generally not sell a property in your name. In fact, you may not be able to sell your property without your wife's consent. Totally depends under what marriage regime you were married under in Chile, and a bunch of other factors.

The good news, or the bad news, is there is really no such thing as a quick divorce in Chile. It is a 1-3 year process in most situations. There is also none of this situation where one spouse walks away with everything that the other spouse has earned. There is alimony perhaps, but it is fairly limited in scope, typically for a set time.

This is all just very generalized. Every situation is different. Send us an email next week ( https://www.spencerglobal.com/contact-us.html ), and we can schedule a conference call if you like.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:14 am

Thanks people, lots of great advice.
Yes Gloria I need to learn everything all over again, this is Chile.
And I'm not sure what my wife want. It's like she don't want to live with me, but at the same time don't want a divorce either.
And yes again this is Chile. So in a strange way it look like she have trown the divorce ball over to me?

Thanks Admin, will send you a mail during comming week
"George Carlin"

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:28 am

GringoVikingo wrote:
... claiming we are not living together, due to I have been unfaithful with a woman I don't know, or even don't know if she exsist.
Because of a story I was told many years ago my first question would be, How did she find out about this? Was it a phone call, by chance?

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 am

Yes it was by a phone call!

But the strange thing is it is one of the neighbor out here in the campo, and I don't know who he is.
What I know is none of my neighbor out here have her new TLF number. They don't have her really name and her rut.

I'm a little worried, as she yesterday also pick up the shotgun and the ammunition, let say I was a little pissed of confronted with this, and not thinking of her behavior. I'm now thinking this maybe is some psychological issue.
The last year have been extremely hard for her, full time study, and fulltime job, she get fired from the job.
She have a son that's not easy 25 year, with a bunch of acidhead as friend, and expensive to keep up running.
If she is on a way to mental breakdown, I will not blame her for what she say or do, then my duty is to take care of her and not push her away.

Well the 6 of January she finnish teacher studies, the last exam verbal, her average mark was 6,4 we was going to celebrate this, but after few day without nothing to do she totally change, and suddenly I was having an extra woman.

The mail she write to me was really nasty, so I get angry instead of thinking, and now I'm trying to get contact with her brother, so he can get away the shotgun and the ammunition
"George Carlin"

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:57 pm

GringoVikingo wrote:
Yes it was by a phone call!

But the strange thing is it is one of the neighbor out here in the campo, and I don't know who he is.
What I know is none of my neighbor out here have her new TLF number. They don't have her really name and her rut.
OK. Let me share the story I mentioned the best I can remember it.

A couple in Santiago received a call late one evening. The wife (let call her Mary) answered the call; a woman on the other side started telling her that her (Mary's) husband is having an affair with another woman and that is the reason that he is not home. Hearing that, Mary tells her that it is not true, as her husband is home. The other woman replied that she was lying, so Mary said 'Would you like to talk to him?', and gave her husband the phone. When the husband took the phone the other woman started telling him that if he didn't give her money she would tell the wife that he had a child with her, etc , etc.

What I got from the story is that there are some very mean people that enjoy hurting and harming others, and this could well be the case in the problems you are having.

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:13 pm

Ok here is a part of what she write:

> You are not my dear any more.
>
> As I worked more than 29 years old with men, I realized you lied to me.
> Sorry Odd, but today on morning I did not believe in any words you said to
> me, I know what your eyes showed me, nothing abt you were true. I do not
> trust you anymore.
>
> About your new lady, she is the opposite of me, she is young, dark skin,
> two kids, and works as a maid in rich people home, she has a kind of
> boyfriend who carries her everymorning from land to Hualqui, She uses sex
> to get easy money. You give her good money as she said. I do not believe
> you receive only $ 300.000.- chilean pesos for a month as you told me,
> because she is very proud of to tell people you gave her a good money when
> she visits you,.. she shows off abt your generosity. All neighborhood
> makes gossip abt you, "the easy gringo in love".
>
> As I told you on morning, if you are unfaithfull our partnership is over.
> May be she can buy my 50% for you, if she gets good easy money from men...
> sorry, you fall in love her.
>
> Any way I'm going to sell my 50% of parcela.
>
> Sorry Odd, I do not believe you anymore.
>
> I will go to parcela in order to pick up my boxes of books because thoses
> are my things, I'm not interested in any thing more.

I asked her about visit this girl, so we could clear it up, but she refuse to give me the name
As she is giving description of the girl, I guess they have meet.
So where am I going to run?
"George Carlin"