Do babies have to pay to enter argentina to renew chile tourist visa?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

mem

Do babies have to pay to enter argentina to renew chile tourist visa?

Post by mem » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:29 pm

My family needs to renew our tourist visa soon. My wife and I have twin two year old's. Does anyone know if we have to pay the reciprocity fee even for the two year olds? When we first arrived in Chile we got a 90 day tourist visa and after about 75 days we went to to the extranjero office in santiago and extended that visa for another 90 days and when we did we were told we only had to pay for my wife and I and that our twins didn't need to pay because they were so young. So wondering if the same applies for Argentina somehow. I am a little concerned about when we cross into Argentina, that since our twins tourist visa was not extended that they will make a fuss, but assuming the extranjero office was right in what they were saying. Any insights would be appreciated

Donnybrook

Re: Do babies have to pay to enter argentina to renew chile tourist visa?

Post by Donnybrook » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Different countries, different rules. If you all (including the children) carry USA, Canadian or Australian passports and need to pay a reciprocity fee to enter Argentina then you need to pay for each member of the family. You need to pay online and carry the printed receipts.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Argentina need all help they can get. Especially, the monetary ones ! So please contribute.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

El Chupacabra

Post by El Chupacabra » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Donnybrook wrote:Different countries, different rules. If you all (including the children) carry USA, Canadian or Australian passports and need to pay a reciprocity fee to enter Argentina then you need to pay for each member of the family. You need to pay online and carry the printed receipts.
...edit. NVM.
Living the life!