new temporary visa

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

moving_from_colorado

new temporary visa

Post by moving_from_colorado » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:21 pm

there is a new temporary visa on the extranjera site. it is posted under temporary visas, type 11, visa temporaria por motivos laborales. i only found it posted in spanish.

looks like it could be the easiest way for many people to get visas, especially those that don´t show up down here with all their documents legalized ahead of time, as it doesn't list this as a requirement.

anyone know more about this?

amanaplan

Re: new temporary visa

Post by amanaplan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:32 am

Just looking at the requirements here:

http://www.extranjeria.gob.cl/media/201 ... RALES1.pdf

It seems straightforward enough. The thing is though, you need a contract to obtain it, and if you're initially on a tourist visa then you're probably going to have difficulty persuading a Chilean company to employ you without a visa which gives you permission to work, so you'd be in a bit of a catch-22.

I can see this suiting gringo English teachers who come here for a year or two. It's pretty normal in that situation to turn up to with a tourist visa then get employed by a language school.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:09 am

We have bit more info on our site on the new work visa here compared to the old work visa:
https://www.spencerglobal.com/private-i ... chile.html

More to come as soon as I get time to post it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

moving_from_colorado

Post by moving_from_colorado » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:10 pm

any take on whether a job offer with boleta de honararios would fly to apply for this visa?

my friend is contemplating a job offer from a company that uses boletas de honorarios. they tried to tell her all she has to do is go and register with the SII. that might work for a chilean but pretty sure a foreigner on a tourist visa can´t do this legally.

has anyone else dealt with this issue? not much learned after searching the forum on this topic.

pascual

Post by pascual » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:31 pm

I posted a thread about this new visa a few months ago after getting it myself, but now have a question regarding my situation:

I got this new visa with my carnet and everything in April of 2015. I worked for only 2 months on the contract that got me the visa. I had to leave Chile and return to my home country to be with my ailing father. I have a return ticket to Chile for February of 2016. I will still be on that one year visa until the end of April of 2016.

I will be going back but at a new job. So what are my options here? Do I go to the extranjeria a few months before my visa is set to expire with my new contract and apply for the same visa again? The PDF says this is for "primera vez" so I am wondering what happens in a situation like mine?

I am guessing I can't just go in there and apply for permanent residency since I was not working or in the country for 6 months on this temporary visa, right?

Thanks.

wiscondinavian

Post by wiscondinavian » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:12 am

So why does the sujeto a contrato even still exist?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:53 pm

pascual wrote:I posted a thread about this new visa a few months ago after getting it myself, but now have a question regarding my situation:

I got this new visa with my carnet and everything in April of 2015. I worked for only 2 months on the contract that got me the visa. I had to leave Chile and return to my home country to be with my ailing father. I have a return ticket to Chile for February of 2016. I will still be on that one year visa until the end of April of 2016.

I will be going back but at a new job. So what are my options here? Do I go to the extranjeria a few months before my visa is set to expire with my new contract and apply for the same visa again? The PDF says this is for "primera vez" so I am wondering what happens in a situation like mine?

I am guessing I can't just go in there and apply for permanent residency since I was not working or in the country for 6 months on this temporary visa, right?

Thanks.
If you did not complete the 180 days in the country requirement under temporary residency, you can not apply for permanent residency. You might try applying for a one year extension to complete your 180 day requirement in the second year (starts counting over again).
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

pascual

Post by pascual » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:01 pm

admin wrote: If you did not complete the 180 days in the country requirement under temporary residency, you can not apply for permanent residency. You might try applying for a one year extension to complete your 180 day requirement in the second year (starts counting over again).
Thanks. I have no problem starting the counter over again. But I think I will actually hit the 180 day mark on the visa when I go back (if it does not need to be consecutive)

I will pay a visit to the extranjeria when I get back and see what they recommend. The San Fernando extranjeria has some of the nicest government folk I have met and never more than 1-2 people waiting in line there. Pass by there quite regularly and never plan on going to the Santiago one ever again!