Citizenship, new requirement for time in country

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Magnyz

Re: Citizenship, new requirement for time in country

Post by Magnyz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 am

Are there any verified cases of this?
If you refer to my message, yes there are cases. I refer you to admin's law firm for the details.

bigfort

Post by bigfort » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Magnyz wrote:
Are there any verified cases of this?
If you refer to my message, yes there are cases. I refer you to admin's law firm for the details.
Ok, and in these cases, the list of journeys was not sent in, given the rule update from January/February 2016, correct? Or was that when this requirement was still in place? (Or in a place where rules are made up on the spot.)

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Papers presented when they finally said OK we will send it on to Santiago for review:

Solicitud de Carta de Nacionalización Oficina Concepción
2 Fotos tamaño carnet con nombre, apellido y RUT
Carta Autobiográfica Resumen
Carta Autobiográfica Detalles
Copia Carnet ambos lados
Copia pasaporte notarizada
Certificado Registro de Permanencia Definitiva (Duplicado)
Certificado de Viajes de los últimos 5 anos
Certificado de Vigencia de Permanencia Definitiva
Copia Certificado de Permanencia Definitiva
Certificado de Antecedentes
Financiero
Año Tributario Empresa y Personal
Balance General
Certificado de Pago de Cotizaciones Previsionales
Declaración Mensual y Pago 12 meses
Escritura (Propiedades)
Certificado de Inscripción Auto con Comprobante de Pago de Permiso de Circulación

bigfort

Post by bigfort » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:10 pm

dmwbmw2 wrote:Papers presented when they finally said OK we will send it on to Santiago for review:

Copia Carnet ambos lados
Financiero
Balance General
Escritura (Propiedades)
Certificado de Inscripción Auto con Comprobante de Pago de Permiso de Circulación
That looks like the list of requirements from before January 2016. Maybe they just don't know that the rules have changed?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:31 pm

dmwbmw2 wrote:Papers presented when they finally said OK we will send it on to Santiago for review:

Copia Carnet ambos lados
Financiero
Balance General
Escritura (Propiedades)
Where did you get this list from? The list I have and posted here comes straight from the government and is very different than yours. I see yours is way overboard: escritura de propiedad, certificado de inscripción de auto etc, declaración mensual and pago de 12 meses. If that´s the case, we´ll forget to go thru the citizenship. the way I see it, to be Chilean is not worth all the hassle.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

Magnyz

Post by Magnyz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Ok, and in these cases, the list of journeys was not sent in, given the rule update from January/February 2016, correct? Or was that when this requirement was still in place? (Or in a place where rules are made up on the spot.)
Sorry, I don't know the details but the info I got is just a month old and the cases that was referred to are current.

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:38 pm

As stated above in the post: Papers presented when they finally said OK we will send it on to Santiago for review:

That is to say, this list is the ACTUAL list of documents sent, after repeated attempts, and this is what they needed because up to then they were saying that it was a waste of their time and mine.

It doesn't correspond to any list that the govt publishes.

The financial records they wanted were the easiest to get. In fact there was nothing complicated to get here at all. The only complication was that they changed their mind and kept adding stuff.

They never said, if you don't own property or you don't own a car, then there is no chance.....

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:56 pm

dmwbmw2 wrote:As stated above in the post: Papers presented when they finally said OK we will send it on to Santiago for review:

That is to say, this list is the ACTUAL list of documents sent, after repeated attempts, and this is what they needed because up to then they were saying that it was a waste of their time and mine.

It doesn't correspond to any list that the govt publishes.

The financial records they wanted were the easiest to get. In fact there was nothing complicated to get here at all. The only complication was that they changed their mind and kept adding stuff.

They never said, if you don't own property or you don't own a car, then there is no chance.....
I will definitely write something about it when the time arises. Hubby is 99.9% language challenged so I'm the one that has to go with machete on hand to clear the weeds ( :D ) if necessary.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:05 pm

In retrospect I think my biggest challenge was to stay calm and not say mean things to anybody, because this never gets you anywhere.

Even though it might feel good at the moment!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Melipass..........here I come! :D

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:21 am

lost gringo wrote:I once read here in the forum that one should apply for citizenship as soon as qualified to do so.
What is the benefit of having citizenship other than having a passport and the right to vote?

Seems easier to just renew residency every five years or is there a downside to that?
Do the same new rules for citizenship as listed above also apply to renewal of residency?
Actually you will be able to vote as a permanent resident after 5 years.

So only the passport and if you are a US citizen with no other citizenship/passport, the option to renounce if necessary.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Citizenship application comes to a dead stop

Put in my application and 6 weeks later was called to a PDI interview. It went well and the official said his review would. be positive. During the interview he discussed my job and he asked if I was an engineer. I said No, I had a BASC (Applied Sciences)degree from Canada which was an engineering degree but had never worked as an engineer and was working as a consultant only.

In Canada you need to do a general and ethics exam to work as a Professional engineer and then pay a lot of money every year and it never made sense to me there nor here.

So to my surprise 6 weeks after the interview I got a letter saying all was good and all I needed to do was pay 18.150 CP and enroll in the Colegio de Ingenieros. Theoretically this might be possible but it would be difficult, time consuming and expensive.

I wrote back explaining that I did not work as an engineer and asked if they could waive this requirement as it is not a stipulation that one needs any particular education or inscription in professional organizations. I didn't mention that I would be retired long before I could make this happen.

That request was rejected and I dont think it's worth appealing. Certainly I'm not going to try to do such a useless thing, so that ends that.

I guess I should have known this is how things would work out, one way or another.