2014 - Help? Process for import or purchase guns in Chile?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

seawolf180

Re: 2014 - Help? Process for import or purchase guns in Chil

Post by seawolf180 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 am

"Support Flaite Control"
Don't Tread On Me Either.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:15 pm

svergas wrote:
svergas wrote:
nwdiver wrote:
Gloria wrote:
svergas wrote: Chile has very restrictive firearms laws for people that respect the law. Does not make too much difference to criminals.
Exactly!

But on the other hand there are not 20,000,000 guns floating around for criminals to acquire.........

I am sorry BUT which 20 000 000 guns are those?

I just love the way some people like to throw numbers around. You do like to mention Japan who has no firearms but do not mention Switzerland who has more firearms than most and no crime. BUT guess what Switzerland also does not have CRIMINALS!!!!

Did you also know that Canada has over 2 million firearms owners and over 10 millions firearms with low crime. Would you like to know why. Well Canada has less criminal comparing to the US.

Did you also know that Canada Liberals implemented rifle/shotgun registry in the name of "public safety" that run for 10 years costing around 3 BILLION dollars and at the end got cancelled. Those same Liberals screamed like children when it was cancelled and guess what NOTHING HAPPENED. Firearm courses are booked months ahead of time and more and more people are getting into sport.

Has nothing to do with firearms

Ahh the swiss are armed because every able bodied man (some women) is given a firearm when in mandatory military service..... AND KEEPS IT thats why 50% of the population have firearms...... ohh you saw the number somewhere but not the reason.............

Canada has long guns not hand guns, but a nutcase jihadist with a 30 30 lever action rifle shot a ceremonial guard at the National Cenotaph last week and then entered the Parliament building to be shot down by the Sergent at Arms (Yes we still have those in our legislatures)... in Canada we have trust.... but need to tighten security around our Parliament Building............. ohh and jihadis have other weapons one run down a uniformed soldier in a parking lot 2 weeks ago.............

Re: the gun registry that was brought in by the Liberals, said to cost 5-6M when it hit 200m everyone realized..... well except said Liberals that it was a joke...... so its gone
It's all about the wine.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:20 pm

sookoon wrote:
nwdiver wrote:To the OP, importing a firearm used primarily by the armedforces is more difficult than hunting firearms. and no an AR 15 is not a hunting firearm.....
I submit to you that an AR 15 is indeed a hunting firearm; arguably one of the most effective hunting firearms against the greatest scourge to Texas and Chile farmland: javelina (wild hog). In Texas alone, javelina do over a billion dollars worth of damage, annually. The small calibre, high muzzle velocity with the flat trajectory over long ranges, low recoil, and ability for rapid fire when encountering a large group of them make it absolutely ideal for this noble form of population control.

Your side will never win the debate on gun control, the facts are not on your side.

the AR 15 and it derivatives were invented by a group who do not know how to shoot, I use a modern single shot rifle to hunt with............
It's all about the wine.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Signing off for now I have to go to a Nov 11 memorial at the Cenotaph.......
It's all about the wine.

svergas

Post by svergas » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:51 pm

nwdiver wrote:
sookoon wrote:
nwdiver wrote:To the OP, importing a firearm used primarily by the armedforces is more difficult than hunting firearms. and no an AR 15 is not a hunting firearm.....
I submit to you that an AR 15 is indeed a hunting firearm; arguably one of the most effective hunting firearms against the greatest scourge to Texas and Chile farmland: javelina (wild hog). In Texas alone, javelina do over a billion dollars worth of damage, annually. The small calibre, high muzzle velocity with the flat trajectory over long ranges, low recoil, and ability for rapid fire when encountering a large group of them make it absolutely ideal for this noble form of population control.

Your side will never win the debate on gun control, the facts are not on your side.

the AR 15 and it derivatives were invented by a group who do not know how to shoot, I use a modern single shot rifle to hunt with............

It is very interesting to see you use single shot and judging other for using different kind of tool. Do you also judge people that drive different vehicle than you do? Maybe you do not like trucks because they are too big, or maybe 2 seaters because they are too small. See lots of this kind of judging from hunters towards competitive shooters who use different firearms.

I do not judge other for what they use. i use bolt to hunt and have no desire to use ar but if some people do and it is in accordance with the rules and regulations i see no reason to judge them. One day i will get an ar but for competitions. Fun to do it on the rage.

svergas

Post by svergas » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:58 pm

[/quote]Ahh the swiss are armed because every able bodied man (some women) is given a firearm when in mandatory military service..... AND KEEPS IT thats why 50% of the population have firearms...... ohh you saw the number somewhere but not the reason.............

Canada has long guns not hand guns, but a nutcase jihadist with a 30 30 lever action rifle shot a ceremonial guard at the National Cenotaph last week and then entered the Parliament building to be shot down by the Sergent at Arms (Yes we still have those in our legislatures)... in Canada we have trust.... but need to tighten security around our Parliament Building............. ohh and jihadis have other weapons one run down a uniformed soldier in a parking lot 2 weeks ago.............

Re: the gun registry that was brought in by the Liberals, said to cost 5-6M when it hit 200m everyone realized..... well except said Liberals that it was a joke...... so its gone[/quote]

Not really sure what you meant by canada has long guns but not handguns because canada has handgans and ars and few other "scary" looking ones.

Gun registry cost went into billions.

I agree with the Parliment security statement BUT what do these arse holes have anything to do with hunters or competitive shooters that respect the law? The choice of the tools they used to commit the crime?

Also i do not understand your statement on the Swiss. So it is ok to have firearms at home but only if you have valid reason? Like Swiss do because of the millitary purpose
which i guess translate into me not having the valid reason when i say i use them for hunting, competitive shooting or for that matter anybody else on this plant?

El Chupacabra

Post by El Chupacabra » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:34 pm

I am Canadian and have a legally registered handgun (In Canada). I don't know why people think Canadians can't have handguns???

Our laws don't allow for us to carry it around as a side arm at all times, but then again we really don't need to - we don't live in the states. But the access to handguns is there.

Plus, it is very easy to get (illegal) handguns in Canada. I should say in the Toronto area anyways, I'm not sure about the rest of Canada. They are everywhere. They are brought in from the states and easily and cheaply available.
Living the life!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:07 pm

fair warning to all, I am (very) mildly entertained by this thread, but this thing get's too stupid and I will pull the plug as I have with every thread on guns that drifts off in to the second amendment crap.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Ripsigg

Post by Ripsigg » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm

admin wrote:fair warning to all, I am (very) mildly entertained by this thread, but this thing get's too stupid and I will pull the plug as I have with every thread on guns that drifts off in to the second amendment crap.
Is it the US Constitution that is crap or just the 2nd amendment or merely constitutional discussion?

I know most politicians think the Constitution is crap. :alien:

Andres

Post by Andres » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

. . .
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Those who need guns to feel safe should just stay in the US instead of trying to import their garbage values here.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Ripsigg wrote:
admin wrote:fair warning to all, I am (very) mildly entertained by this thread, but this thing get's too stupid and I will pull the plug as I have with every thread on guns that drifts off in to the second amendment crap.
Is it the US Constitution that is crap or just the 2nd amendment or merely constitutional discussion?

I know most politicians think the Constitution is crap. :alien:
ahh hell, here we go. I end up doing this every time one of these threads pops up.

I have owned guns. Had a fairly impressive collection at 14 years old, for a 14 year old. Even was a member of the NRA for a little while (it was a free membership, came with a hunting license one year or something). I don't currently own a gun. Someday I might own a gun again. Currently not feeling the need to shoot anything or anyone.

As for the 2nd amendment, don't give a crap about the 2nd amendment. Far from the most clearly drafted piece of political writing, but could really care less about it all the way around. Even more impressive is the gun nuts care about it also. All they should care about is the law let's them have their guns. Where and how that law was scribbled, is neither here nor there. No one in the United States government has payed attention to anything in the constitution for a very long time, so why would you hang your political argument on the most ignored document in U.S. history?

That is exactly my problem with the whole discussion. It is the 8th grade book report quality of the discussion (on both sides), with some headline grabbing tag lines from various political parties thrown in to pretend it is some sort of adult conversation.

Guess what? None of it is even remotely related to Chile. The law allows you to have a certain, very limited number of guns, with lots of restrictions, and that is it.

If you don't like that, your really really not going to like Chile. From what I have seen, among the people that the gun laws are an issue when moving to Chile, the guns will just be the start of the reasons why you won't like Chile.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.