Tourist visa expiring? We have a solution.

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tourist visa expiring? We have a solution.

Post by admin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:48 pm

bella2015 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:16 pm
Can someone tell me if I am able to apply for a temporary resident in Chile online. I am currently in the country (Valparaiso) with my family all Chilean/Canadian dual citizens except for myself. TIA
sort of.

seriously, there is such a massive beucrtic mess right now (for everything), the rules and procedures are litterally changing several times a day.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 pm

basically that is the only answer we are giving to anyone right now.

The government is improvising everything, moment to moment.

So we have to improvise everything.

10 years ago, or even 3 years ago, I was happy to provide some general DIY immigration advice to those willing to deal with the immigration system themselves.

Now, I send a question to our people in our own office at 9 a.m., to answer a question a client sent me about the current procedures, I get one answer. I send the same question at 4 p.m., totally different answer. after years of not even needing to ask what the answer was.

I have not yet raised our prices this year for immigration, literally because I can not tell is it getting easier or harder; however, definitely leaning towards the harder side. More of a question of, how much harder?

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:02 pm

FYI, new immigration law has passed.

government is stalling the implemtation.

last word we had, was they are planning to run both old and new systems together for several years.

yea, two incompatible beucracies, and rules, are going to end well.

we are over 30 days due for them to issue the new immigration regulations.

bella2015

Post by bella2015 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 pm

What about renewing a tourist visa. I submitted the prorroga de turismo and just waiting for a response. Is this the correct form to use? I just want to be able to leave without issue and be able to return hopefully end of year or early next year as we own property and travel yearly.

Thanks