Civil Union, Family Visa, Fines?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

VHRA

Civil Union, Family Visa, Fines?

Post by VHRA » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi again!

I am running up to the last month of my tourist-visa extension, and the registro civil does still not allow for bookings of civil unions.

My girlfriend (Chilean) and I have been here since mid January and our plan was to finalize the civil union and apply for my temporary family visa.

Covid hit and these services has been closed for the last 2 months, and given the situation I do not expect them to open up again any time soon.

Do I have any alternatives to leaving Chile at the end of my extension?

I appreciate any helpful replies,

Kind Regards,
Victor

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Civil Union, Family Visa, Fines?

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Illegally overstay till Chile has reopened the border (to accept incoming non-residents, perhaps after September 13th?) AND Argieland equally has reopened their border AND does not require quarantine for new entries AND hope that the Chile overstay infraction does not impact your residency application?
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 pm

VHRA wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 pm
Hi again!

I am running up to the last month of my tourist-visa extension, and the registro civil does still not allow for bookings of civil unions.

My girlfriend (Chilean) and I have been here since mid January and our plan was to finalize the civil union and apply for my temporary family visa.

Covid hit and these services has been closed for the last 2 months, and given the situation I do not expect them to open up again any time soon.

Kind Regards,
Victor
What country are you a citizen of?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

VHRA

Post by VHRA » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 pm
VHRA wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 pm
Hi again!

Kind Regards,
Victor
What country are you a citizen of?
Sweden

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:37 pm

you can renew your tourist visa online.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:05 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:37 pm
You can extend IN-COUNTRY more than once, I believe that is the question?
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

VHRA

Post by VHRA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:39 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:37 pm
I have already extended once. I talked to my immigration lawyer which told me it is not possible to do it another time?

The advice she has given me previously hasn't been exactly great which is why I always verify these things here as well.

VHRA

Post by VHRA » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Si excedes el tiempo de tu estadía en Chile, sin haber solicitado una visa temporaria, deberás pagar una multa. Si pagas esa multa no hay problemas con solicitar una visa temporaria después. El problema se genera cuando no pagas esa multa.

I received this from my lawyer but I find it hard to believe they have such set practices when it comes to deciding the impact of overstaying a visa?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:30 pm

well, here is the problem. The advice I would need to give you is technically illegal (or at least complicated), and not something I can advise you to do on a public forum.

Especially when a bunch of people are going to totally misunderstand it.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:38 pm

VHRA wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:55 pm
Si excedes el tiempo de tu estadía en Chile, sin haber solicitado una visa temporaria, deberás pagar una multa. Si pagas esa multa no hay problemas con solicitar una visa temporaria después. El problema se genera cuando no pagas esa multa.

I received this from my lawyer but I find it hard to believe they have such set practices when it comes to deciding the impact of overstaying a visa?
Admin has a legal firm that is specialized in handling foreigners and immigration. Going to his company seems like a reasonable way to untangle the situation you're at, especially if you're unsure if your current counsel makes sense.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.