Temporary Residency, New Procedures for Leaving the country

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

tiagoabner

Re: Temporary Residency, New Procedures for Leaving the country

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 am

Gotcha. Fun fact: they've instructed us that haven't received a permiso yet, but who sent a request through email, to not send it again. Hopefully this can be sorted out soon. What a bureaucratic mess.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Well, this is fun. Round and round we go.

New system and requirements to request the permission to leave the country. Seems the department of immigration's silly attempt at doing this by email, did not work out so well. So, now they have a web page.

Here is the new circular, amending the old one:
Circular-N°29-BIS.pdf
(576.27 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:54 pm

I've purchased a new ticket to travel to outside of Chile last Thursday (to fly on the 25th), and I've requested the "Permiso de Salida" the same day. I still haven't heard back from Extranjeria regarding my request, even though the five days processing time has passed already, and there have been no changes on my temporary visa page (still not showing, even though the Correos code shows on the site). I'm going to call them tomorrow morning, and then I'll try to go to Extranjeria at Matucana to see if I can manage to get this sorted out.

I must say that this whole ordeal is borderline ridiculous. Not only they're slow as molasses, but they're also unable to follow their own procedures. Visitting a bedridden relative shouldn't be this hard.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Just got my Permiso de Salida, and they've also updated my temporary visa paperwork at the Consultas Extranjeria website. Hopefully, no one will use this system to jump the line and to get their visas processed faster.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:40 pm

:lol:

It is so temping to do just that, considering how slow the regular system is right now.

but, we have a few other tricks we use to get our clients aplications to "jump the line"; but, we have to be constantly changing them as all procedures at immigration is constantly changing.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:00 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:40 pm
It is so temping to do just that, considering how slow the regular system is right now.
Ha, I can totally see people abusing that. It's totally worth it to spend $30 bucks on a one-way ticket to Mendoza to jump the line a couple of months.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:08 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:00 pm
admin wrote:
Ha, I can totally see people abusing that. It's totally worth it to spend $30 bucks on a one-way ticket to Mendoza to jump the line a couple of months.
Wait so they went ahead and approved your visa?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:33 pm

GAminer wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:08 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:00 pm
admin wrote:
Wait so they went ahead and approved your visa?
They actually approved it this afternoon, but I'll post a timeline here:

May 2019: I sent my visa paperwork through the mail and got a mailing receipt. This was right after I entered the country, also in May.
August 2019: my tourist visa expired. There was still to sign of my visa at the Extranjeria website, although it was flagged as "received" at the Consultas page when checking using the Correos code.
October 2019: I needed to travel to outside of the country, but I couldn't do it because I didn't have the letter from Extranjeria acknowledging that my visa was being processed.
November 2019: I bought a new ticket to abroad, and went through their new Permiso de Salida procedure. They updated my visa as being processed this morning, and I just checked again and it actually has been approved already.

Where this system can possibly be exploited is on day 91, right after the tourist visa expires. Presumably, one could buy a ticket to outside the country and apply for a Permiso de Salida to jump the line. I've no idea about the legal aspect here, but it should be legal, assuming everything has been done per the immigration guidelines.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:35 pm

Needless to say, this is 100% theoretical. Don't quote me if it doesn't work. Extranjeria changes the procedures on a whim, and they may close this loophole with no notice.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:54 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:35 pm
Needless to say, this is 100% theoretical. Don't quote me if it doesn't work. Extranjeria changes the procedures on a whim, and they may close this loophole with no notice.
Ah yea, it probably wouldn't work then for those waiting for permanent residency.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 am

GAminer wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:54 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:35 pm
Ah yea, it probably wouldn't work then for those waiting for permanent residency.
Yeah, I wouldn't bet on that. Extranjeria is very backed off in terms of permanent residency applications due to the illegals that could apply for temporary residency last year

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:57 am

By the way, I wouldn't put too many hope on this. Extranjeria is still unreliable and slow at best, and I wouldn't bet on them doing their job in a timely manner. They're the ones that made me lose my first flight to begin with due to their change in regulations.