chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Gloria

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by Gloria » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 pm
Never seen them target a round-up of immigrants in Chile before. Let's see if it was immigration related, or them simply cracking down on the street sellers.
Definately was immigration related. We saw the PDI asking for papers. Someone for sure complained. Will find out tomorrow.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:08 am

admin wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 pm
Never seen them target a round-up of immigrants in Chile before. Let's see if it was immigration related, or them simply cracking down on the street sellers.

On the street in front of the osorno mall at x-mas, there was not one Chilean selling. It was all Peruvians, Bolvians, etc. The local municipalities and business owners around the country are tired of the competition, that does not pay taxes on stuff that is often illegally imported.

If they were picking them up, chances are it was immigration related; selling on the streets is typically fine.

But, hey, no worries. Bachelet is in Cuba this week to visit Castro. Let's see what she brings home this time.
Maybe they realized that things went too far.''
03/01/2018 | 23:07
Sicarios y narcos operan en pleno centro de Santiago
Los sujetos ofrecen amedrentamiento a cambio de dinero.''

http://www.chvnoticias.cl/reportaje-a-f ... 31115.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:20 am

Well, seems congress has killed Bachelet's immigration law for good.
http://www.pulso.cl/economia-dinero/gob ... graciones/

The center right parties are waiting for the new administration, and are going to base a new immigration law off the one pinera sent to congress in 2013.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:20 am

And the government is whinning because they don't have policital support to push laws, and they're blaming the "mean, evil opositionists who don't want to vote their laws". Yeah, buddy: that's not how politics work.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

Well, at almost the same time this morning, after Trump's "shit country" comments, we get this from Munoz
http://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/naci ... hile.shtml

He is inviting the entire world to Chile.

Which, is fine. Chile can handle it, but you need a functioning immigration system and policy to control the flow. Not this crazy chaos the Bachelet administration has created.

With the recent cancellation of the United States of Haitian and the Salvadorians residencies, Chile will have an even bigger flow. I am sure a vast majority are not simply heading back to their home country.

Those comments are not aimed at Trump however. It is the Bachelet administration trying to pressure congress to pass their immigration bill.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am
Well, at almost the same time this morning, after Trump's "shit country" comments, we get this from Munoz
Wow, read the comments after the article...
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Trumpfster foul mouthed again sating that instead of letting refugees in from "shit countries" such as Haiti and Africa, he wants people from Norway and alike country.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:50 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 pm
Trumpfster foul mouthed again sating that instead of letting refugees in from "shit countries" such as Haiti and Africa, he wants people from Norway and alike country.
Sure that make a big difference where you come from,unless you are highly educated.
From what I see Chile mostly imports extremely poor , that will compete for jobs with Chilean poor.Crime will continue to skyrocket.Some newcomers don't have intention of working at all.This list covers six yers period.https://priceonomics.com/ranking-the-mo ... -american/
`1`1 murder.png
`1`1 murder.png (48.73 KiB) Viewed 558 times

papageno

Post by papageno » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Interesting list, but has it been cross-checked against visitation/tourism rates, drug-related murders, former citizens of said country (now US citizens) or their US-born descendants whacked while engaged in the local drug trade, etc.?

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 pm

The text directly above and below the image posted by 'bobserb'.

In the table below, we rank the foreign countries in which the most Americans were killed between 2009 and 2016. Before ranking, we filtered the data to include only homicides, executions, deaths in terrorist attacks, and drug-related deaths.
In general, a violent death abroad is extremely unlikely. Between 2009 and 2013, 1,151 Americans - out of a population of 316 million - were killed abroad. For comparison, 15,809 homicides occurred in the U.S. in 2014 alone.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:26 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 pm
admin wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am
Wow, read the comments after the article...
i rarely see an article get 77+ comments on bio bio, and 90% of them are against munoz and bachelet.

Overall everyone seems to not so much be against immigration, but uncontrolled immigration. But that is rapodly turning in to a general xenophibia the longer this crisis drags on with a goverment that is at every turn promoting it.

You dont get to play "we are the left and thus represent the poor in chile" while supressing wages and diluting the social services that chile is struggling to even provide for all chileans.

One thing that strikes me is the repeated coments along the lines of "you dont have to live with them" or "let them move in to your house". They are right. It is the poor parts of chile where the haiten and other immigrants live, not the gated communities in los condes and up with private security. They dont have to stand in line at the public hospital.

The problem with the top left politians in chile is they come from an extreme elite of rich and priveledged. Even those from relatively poor, are now in the top 1% and it does not take them long to forget where they came from.

I always love the question sanchez asked in a debate a few elections ago, with bachelet and the rest of "left" on stage. None could answer. She asked, "what color is the card you get at the public hospital when you register"?

None of the canidates could answer, but every mother in the crowd watching knew what color that card was.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 am

Exactly stuff I've been saying all along from my obs and especially my native wife's and one of her daughters that still lives in one of the poor southwest comunas in Santiasco.

Those who have to commute and go through Estacion Central or other nearby areas or actually work in those area have seen the more than dramatic change and have had to deal and live with it. Those who live in the poor southern and western comunas who have seen their rents skyrocket due to multiple rooms being rented out to more than double the amount of people in those small old apartments that used to house a single Chilean lower or working class family and the habits of many newcomers of hanging out in the local open space and street corners all night long (of course, already a prior problem with Chilean flaites now compounded with an added complexion change/fear rational or irrational as one walks home from work after dark in that final block or two). How the gov effectively shamed the Chilean people from commenting negatively publicly as of course you only hear of this stuff in private or the comments section after articles that somehow make it through the positive propaganda check if you don't actually live it yourself.

And then my original fear, that no corrections will be made until too late which will result in a backlash that will affect all immigrants.

San Antonio update, the masses that arrived months ago are gone and have moved on to the next provincia in the there are jobs there rumor grapevine. The one'e who stayed...my wife commented the other day while here in San Antonio that she is happy to see them working at real jobs vs. illegally selling stuff in the streets (Santiago). I also saw a sex ad in creole in the classifieds section of the local paper for these immigrants which is largely made up of young males.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat