CorreosChile is the Worst Post Office

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
omarlekphet

CorreosChile is the Worst Post Office

Postby omarlekphet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Hello

I would like to introduce myself that i am not in Chile nor from Chile. I am a customer from Oman, Middle east region,
My story is related to the car aftermarket parts, i have purchased a product from Cycperformance or C&Cperformance located in Santiago , Chile.

The sender shipped my product out on 11th of July 2017 to Oman.

Until today 8th September 2017 the package has not been delivered yet, it has been two months of transit time, the sender made the complaint and i also myself made the complaint but what i got from the post office that the complaint has.been registered.

The value of the product is really $$$$ but sender made a poor choice to send by this rubbish post office, many of the facebook users claim everyday that their packages are not delivered. The post office is probably stealing customers packages.

Link to Tracking: https://www.omanpost.om/tracking/IPSWeb ... mit=Submit

Does anybody have any idea what i should do next? i am pretty upset with the sender as well as the post office.

Omar

Donnybrook

Re: CorreosChile is the Worst Post Office

Postby Donnybrook » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Why on earth would you purchase parts from Chile if you are in Oman? That aside, I send parcels to the USA from Chile regularly. I get a tracking number. None have ever gone astray. Not one. Considering all the hands your package will go through between Chile and Oman, it is strange that you blame the local post office. The seller should have your tracking number.

frozen-north

Postby frozen-north » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:07 pm

I entered your tracking number in Google.

It seems that you should be upset at the Germans:

http://en.trackitonline.ru/?tn=CP974934044CL

16.07.2017 14:24
Arrival at transit point
Frankfurt/m

28.07.2017 04:00
DP DHL
Arrived at postal office
Rodgau, Deutschland

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Yeah, like donnybrook says, why in heaven you purchase anything related to auto parts in Chile? For that I go to Alibababa and if worried about, then you place an order with the Koreans or manufacturers in the US..

You buy from Chile, minerals and agri products. Wine and sea food, fruits and veggies but auto parts?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

omarlekphet

Postby omarlekphet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Donnybrook wrote:Why on earth would you purchase parts from Chile if you are in Oman? That aside, I send parcels to the USA from Chile regularly. I get a tracking number. None have ever gone astray. Not one. Considering all the hands your package will go through between Chile and Oman, it is strange that you blame the local post office. The seller should have your tracking number.

It is custom built Turbocharger made for the Benz vehicle ,

what service do you send to USA? and if i dont blame the post office , who else in the picture? Corroeschile is reponsible for it, there is no where that shipment would take 2 months for transit

omarlekphet

Postby omarlekphet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:25 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:Yeah, like donnybrook says, why in heaven you purchase anything related to auto parts in Chile? For that I go to Alibababa and if worried about, then you place an order with the Koreans or manufacturers in the US..

You buy from Chile, minerals and agri products. Wine and sea food, fruits and veggies but auto parts?

Man, i dont just buy anything off chile just like that, it is because the part or product is limited to one garage who could custom built it,

omarlekphet

Postby omarlekphet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:27 pm

frozen-north wrote:I entered your tracking number in Google.

It seems that you should be upset at the Germans:

http://en.trackitonline.ru/?tn=CP974934044CL

16.07.2017 14:24
Arrival at transit point
Frankfurt/m

28.07.2017 04:00
DP DHL
Arrived at postal office
Rodgau, Deutschland

Yes i contacted them, they said Correoschile had sent the package to Germany by mistake and they then forwarded from there to Oman but still Corroeschile is still responsible to follow and get the things moving as thats where the pacakge origin is, Germany DHL is not providing any assistant because the fact that they are just a transit hub,

I

tiagoabner

Postby tiagoabner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Wait, how come your package sent through Correos de Chile went into DHL's hands? It should have gone through Deutsche Post. Someone really messed up things in the transfer hub, which is not your fault.

Ask for the sender to open an insurance claim with Correos de Chile. Their insurance processing time is 23 business days, so you will probably get the package before then, but better safe then sorry. If the sender somehow shipped it without insurance, then ask for a refund, as the package belongs to the sender until delivered. I haven't checked the specific regulation for Chile, but this is an UPU regulation for all postal companies, so it should be uniform.

omarlekphet

Postby omarlekphet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:58 pm

tiagoabner wrote:Wait, how come your package sent through Correos de Chile went into DHL's hands? It should have gone through Deutsche Post. Someone really messed up things in the transfer hub, which is not your fault.

Ask for the sender to open an insurance claim with Correos de Chile. Their insurance processing time is 23 business days, so you will probably get the package before then, but better safe then sorry. If the sender somehow shipped it without insurance, then ask for a refund, as the package belongs to the sender until delivered. I haven't checked the specific regulation for Chile, but this is an UPU regulation for all postal companies, so it should be uniform.

Yes it went to Germany DHL PAKET which is under Deutsche Post thing.

I am not sure if the transit is within the normal time frame anymore? but since you said i might receive the package before the insurance processing time ends. but where could the package be right now, by sea?

I have literary fought with the sender about the refund , they were like they have launched the complaint with Correos de Chile and waiting to hear in few days to get back to me, yet they said they can not refund as the Status is still in Transit, well i said it would not show as LOST of it is a lost package, they are not really helping in this,

When you said the package belongs to the sender until delivered" is this standard statement , do you have any reference ? i would want to show to sender.

I also offered them that make new part for me but send me 50% payment and then i would send it back to them once it is done,

Additional to above, the customer service of the Correos De Chile sent me that the Termination date of resolution is on 17th Octorber 2017 , i dont even understand what would it be to me, it doesnt even make me feel better
Thanks

tiagoabner

Postby tiagoabner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm

The package location is a mystery, since the tracking is not really being updated. If the sender opened a complaint, ask for the complaint number. You will need this in case the complaint isn't resolved the way you expect (IE. refund).

I cannot check the reference regarding who the package belongs to right now because I'm on my phone, but it is easy to find. It's a kind of standard procedure, and it is also the reason why it must be the sender who requests a change in the delivery address in case of mistakes.

omarlekphet

Postby omarlekphet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:17 pm

tiagoabner wrote:The package location is a mystery, since the tracking is not really being updated. If the sender opened a complaint, ask for the complaint number. You will need this in case the complaint isn't resolved the way you expect (IE. refund).

I cannot check the reference regarding who the package belongs to right now because I'm on my phone, but it is easy to find. It's a kind of standard procedure, and it is also the reason why it must be the sender who requests a change in the delivery address in case of mistakes.

OK i would ask them for the complaint number, it seems they have spoken to the Manager of that Post Office, so i am waiting to hear from them by Monday,

the package is obviously not belonged to me yet since it is not in my hand as per the Shipment Status, the same sender said it is also no in their hands , but 100% that i am a victim that getting the real pain , not the sender or the post office ,

As for the post office, on their facebook page, the page is filled with complaints of not delivering the packages or delay just like mine, https://www.facebook.com/correoschile/

frozen-north

Postby frozen-north » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:27 pm

From the link I posted earlier, it seems that it is in the hands of Oman Post -but it seems that they are in a different 'month-zone':

07.08.2017 10:37
Oman Post
Consolidated for export (Export)
Frankfurt/flughafen

07.11.2017 17:57
Oman Post
Accepted from sender
Clsv-gia

Return to “Chile Customer Service”