Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Discuss the best and worst companies and customer services in Chile including tips, tricks, rants, endorsements, and which businesses to avoid at all cost. If we talk about them frequently enough, we might just get the attention of the company. Help other Expats and Gringos find the good companies in Chile, and avoid the bad ones.
User avatar
RuneTheChookcha
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Cerro Barón

Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Yesterday afternoon, on the SERVIPAG website, mobile version, added 1.000 peso to a Claro number, and the 1.000 did not arrive. Nor did they (SERViPAG) send me email confirmation (as they usually do within seconds). The only showing is a 1.000 charge to the CuentaRUT (used to pay).

Filed a complaint online with SERVIPAG to which there is no response, as of yet. Filed another with Claro by phone 105 to which no response as of yet.

Today, visited BancoEstado, SERVIPAG, and Claro in person, in this sequence. The chief lady at the bank said that the transaction showing on my history is the only record they have, so there is no traces as to where the 1.000 went (no evidence that to SERVIPAG). Without the receipt, the SERVIPAG people can do nothing about that. At Claro, they asked to wait 48 hours more. If the money doesn't arrive by then, I have the right to file a complaint (but that I already did).

Bye-bye luka.

:( :( :(

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 6857
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Servipag Online Warning - Bye-Bye the 1.000

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 pm

I've never had a Movistar recharge go MIA via ServiPag.cl.

Keep this active to determine if this is a new and future common issue with them.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: Servipag Online Warning - Bye-Bye the 1.000

Postby at46 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:53 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:I've never had a Movistar recharge go MIA via ServiPag.cl.

Keep this active to determine if this is a new and future common issue with them.

It could be something fishy going on with Banco Estado cuenta RUTs. Danielle Rae on FB Discover Chile posted today about how someone fraudulently transferred all the money out of her account. Judging from people's comments, it's not the first time it happened.

User avatar
RuneTheChookcha
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Cerro Barón

Re: Servipag Online Warning - Bye-Bye the 1.000

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:38 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:I've never had a Movistar recharge go MIA via ServiPag.cl.

Keep this active to determine if this is a new and future common issue with them.

See this: https://www.google.com/search?q=servipa ... eclamos.cl

This was my first case of an error with their site.

Claro sent me SMS acknowledging the receipt of the claim with no further communication.

Repeated claim with SERVIPAG with no response of any sort nor confirmation of receipt of the claim.

Sent email with the following reply:

Code: Select all

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

contacto@servipag.cl

The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system.


Filled claim with SERNAC online against SERVIPAG. My past claims with SERNAC were all satisfied. This is the last resort, usually.

Will update if there are further developments.

User avatar
RuneTheChookcha
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Cerro Barón

Re: Servipag Online Warning - Bye-Bye the 1.000

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Found a link named "Recupera tu comprobante" on the servipag site (what a shame I didn't notice it earlier). The site works rightly, and I can even resend it to my email they have on record, which I did. All reads accurately, incl. the Claro number and the BancoEstado transaction ID.

Called Claro claims number 105 again trying to add this info to my claim, and to my call they replied: I still have to wait 5 working days in order for my claim being reviewed and processed. Refused to reactivate my inactive balance earlier than that. Despite the fact that now all the evidence is in their possession.

Seems not the SERVIPAG but Claro is at fault. Nothing good to say about them.

User avatar
RuneTheChookcha
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Cerro Barón

Re: Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Yesterday, on the 7th day after the original payment at SERVIPAG, Claro added the 1.000 to the number. Added backdated (7/11/2017) -- so that from the historical view of transactions everything looks as the recharge was posted in a timely manner. Since they didn't sent me any sort of response nor confirmation (neither by email nor SMS) that my claim with them was satisfied, there is no evidence that they did anything wrong whatsoever.

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Postby at46 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 pm

I think what maybe happening here is servipag sitting on your money. Isn't that their entire business concept? I'm using both servipag and unired.cl for bill payments and I found that unired is even slower to send money out.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 6857
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:26 pm

at46 wrote:I think what maybe happening here is servipag sitting on your money. Isn't that their entire business concept? I'm using both servipag and unired.cl for bill payments and I found that unired is even slower to send money out.

What bill payments do you use servipag.cl for?

I go direct with the utility provider or via CuentaRUT Pagos where you can register many businesses with the client number.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

User avatar
RuneTheChookcha
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Cerro Barón

Re: Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:36 pm

at46 wrote:I think what maybe happening here is servipag sitting on your money. Isn't that their entire business concept? I'm using both servipag and unired.cl for bill payments and I found that unired is even slower to send money out.

Not sure who was sitting on the money, taking into account that 1.000 peso is not that big money to sit onto. Methinks it was a Claro system bug. For all my past SERVIPAG payments were posted within seconds. To this number including.

However, they (SERVIPAG) failed to confirm the transaction by email this time. So, who knows.

The lesson is, SERVIPAG does not respond to inquiries online submitted on their website as "RECLAMO".

Non replying to customers acknowledging errors, delays, or system bugs is a normal world wide policy of many "big ones". A good example is UPS Chile, with whom I have lots of experience backdating the delivery date a week back, or even more, after the actual delivery is done with a huge delay.

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Postby at46 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:54 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
at46 wrote:I think what maybe happening here is servipag sitting on your money. Isn't that their entire business concept? I'm using both servipag and unired.cl for bill payments and I found that unired is even slower to send money out.

What bill payments do you use servipag.cl for?

I go direct with the utility provider or via CuentaRUT Pagos where you can register many businesses with the client number.

I use servipag for everything except Enel, which has no contract with servipag. The benefit of servipag vs. unired, which does have a contract with Enel as well as all the other service providers that I use, is that the money comes out in one lump sum from my bank account, so I'm only paying one transaction fee to my bank. Whereas unired lets you pay with one click but then makes individual withdrawals from my bank for every cuenta I'm paying.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 6857
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:58 pm

at46 wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
at46 wrote:I think what maybe happening here is servipag sitting on your money. Isn't that their entire business concept? I'm using both servipag and unired.cl for bill payments and I found that unired is even slower to send money out.

What bill payments do you use servipag.cl for?

I go direct with the utility provider or via CuentaRUT Pagos where you can register many businesses with the client number.

I use servipag for everything except Enel, which has no contract with servipag. The benefit of servipag vs. unired, which does have a contract with Enel as well as all the other service providers that I use, is that the money comes out in one lump sum from my bank account, so I'm only paying one transaction fee to my bank. Whereas unired lets you pay with one click but then makes individual withdrawals from my bank for every cuenta I'm paying.

??
Direct bill payments and bill payments via RedCompra or from within CuentaRUT do not incur charges.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: Claro Mobile [was: Servipag] Warning

Postby at46 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:03 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
at46 wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
at46 wrote:I think what maybe happening here is servipag sitting on your money. Isn't that their entire business concept? I'm using both servipag and unired.cl for bill payments and I found that unired is even slower to send money out.

What bill payments do you use servipag.cl for?

I go direct with the utility provider or via CuentaRUT Pagos where you can register many businesses with the client number.

I use servipag for everything except Enel, which has no contract with servipag. The benefit of servipag vs. unired, which does have a contract with Enel as well as all the other service providers that I use, is that the money comes out in one lump sum from my bank account, so I'm only paying one transaction fee to my bank. Whereas unired lets you pay with one click but then makes individual withdrawals from my bank for every cuenta I'm paying.

??
Direct bill payments and bill payments via RedCompra or from within CuentaRUT do not incur charges.

Thanks for that. I'll start using my cuentarut then coz I'm tired of my Scotia cuenta corriente chargers.


Return to “Chile Customer Service”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest