36 Hours in Santiago, Chile

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
StrawberryHeartsForever

Re: 36 Hours in Santiago, Chile

Postby StrawberryHeartsForever » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Have you read the trip advisor views of boragó? Hillarious!! I mean the ones that give it 1 star.

David_Bro

Postby David_Bro » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:43 am

If you want to eat decently in Chile at a good price-----within any moderately small to medium sized town----you go to the Banco de Chile branch and you ask where they take their colacion-----you will get a good meal at a base price of 5 to 8k not including drinks and it might include desert---you'll pay extra for wine and coffee so be aware---so a salad/consume, bread on the table with pevbre and the main meal-----typically there might be 2 or 3 places on contract but find the one the bank manager and higher administration goes to---a good meal like i am describing would be of better quality in the provinces than in Santiago for sure----now its not going to be some fusion mix of international delicacies on the plate----but it will be very good traditional Chilean food----but also go when the bank folks go too so its fresh and they are not out so you have to order greasy lomo a lo pobre------

###

Gloria

Postby Gloria » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:04 am

David_Bro wrote:If you want to eat decently in Chile at a good price-----within any moderately small to medium sized town----you go to the Banco de Chile branch and you ask where they take their colacion-----you will get a good meal at a base price of 5 to 8k not including drinks and it might include desert---you'll pay extra for wine and coffee so be aware---so a salad/consume, bread on the table with pevbre and the main meal-----typically there might be 2 or 3 places on contract but find the one the bank manager and higher administration goes to---a good meal like i am describing would be of better quality in the provinces than in Santiago for sure----now its not going to be some fusion mix of international delicacies on the plate----but it will be very good traditional Chilean food----but also go when the bank folks go too so its fresh and they are not out so you have to order greasy lomo a lo pobre------

###

David_bro, it's time for you to take your meds.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

David_Bro

Postby David_Bro » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:25 am

Gloria-----this doesn't need meds, it just takes a little imagination is all.

###

Gloria

Postby Gloria » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:16 am

David_Bro wrote:Gloria-----this doesn't need meds, it just takes a little imagination is all.

###

You don't understand because you are from the "millennium" generation. Let me explain it to you. If it's not in their smart phone with a GPS App they will never find anything, they won't even bother looking for it. Comprende? :)
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:18 am

Well those rank and file millen chileno bank workers really don't determine where their colaciones are so has nothing to do with smartphones and GPS. For millen and other gen extranjeros in the provinces used to the ways of Shiiile looking for a lunch bargain of decent quality, very good advice IMO.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Postby Gloria » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Read within the lines.....dear.

David_Bro

Postby David_Bro » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:43 am

Its not up to me if anyone reads or takes any advice or digs deeper into any comment I have, so don't really care. Not a millennial myself, so again, I don't care if they gps or download an app or not----take it or leave it, just talking about where the path starts, follow it or not or make another path, again, don't care.

###

hlf2888

Postby hlf2888 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Can someone copy and paste the article here so those of us who cannot pay for a subscription can still read it? That would be a great share...

Return to “Travel in Chile”