russian spam

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: spam

Postby admin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:16 am

By the way, i seen more americans in cuba than russia.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: russian spam

Postby admin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Toured the hermitage today. One of the largest museums in the world, with thousands of tourist from all over the world.

Seen perhaps 12 americans the whole day.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Britkid

Postby Britkid » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Americans tend to avoid places that don't like them which unfortunately is quite a few places. But it goes beyond that. The amount of Americans that travel in general is quite low when you consider the size of the country and its economy. One reason is that the US is quite far from other countries, with the exception of Canada and Mexico it is quite a leap to venture out anywhere else. Another reason is that the US seems to be an inward looking country in general, with somewhat of a fear of the world. Another reason is that there are so many great places to visit within the US itself. You don't need to leave the country to find exciting cities or great natural landscapes, or sightseeing or theme parks etc.

I've had similar experiences as you. Travelled around Africa for months and met more Swedes than Americans, and that is quite a small country. In Australia the Brits outnumber the US visitors by quite a large amount. Yes, it's a colonial reason, but the US is closer to Oz, but still there are 2 or 3 or 10 Brit tourists in Oz for every one from the US.

When I travelled around South America years ago, which is relatively in the backyard (ish) of the US, there weren't many Americans either, except the obvious tourist circuit in Peru which had quite a few. I remember being on a bus in Peru and some Peruvians drinking from glass bottles and when they finished throwing the bottles out of the moving bus to smash on the floor, along with some other rubbish. Some Americans on the bus looked quite shocked.

I do see Americans quite a lot in Santiago to be fair, although only in Centro, Providencia and Las Condes.
In 2014/2015 I blogged about my life in Chile. http://web.archive.org/web/201601121940 ... age_id=268

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Although we did run in to one unexpected american today at the hermetage:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Auberjonois

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Naaa, it is not that. I have run in to americans in some very hostile american places (like itching to pour gas on them and light them up or kidnap them type places).

Germany, in an international executive hotel, is hardly a hostile turf. Almost no americans. It is the frigen disneyland of travel. Hardley iraq, afganistan, or mexico (the most dangerious these days, but the tequila keeps them coming)..

HybridAmbassador

Re: spam

Postby HybridAmbassador » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:21 pm

admin wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:Dammit, we are all guilty of treason by association. Hear that snowflakes, just by participating on this forum you are now a traitor! You can run but cannot hide as CIA and NSA already know all about you, perhaps more than you know about yourselves.

Got to the hotel in st petersburg. Realy nice hotel, 5 stars (aniversary trip). There is something missing however.

A few hours later i realize what it is: americans. A whole tour bus shows up full of the typical middle class americans in jeans and t-shirts, oooing and ahingg while snapping photos of the hotel. Not even the chinese tourist look so out of place here.

However they are not staying here. This is just a tourist atraction stop on a discount city tour for them.

In fact, over breakfast, i realize there is not a single american in the whole place that i can tell (besides myself, and i am traveling as a chilean).

I have met more chileans (a lot of them) than americans in russia.

A couple of decades ago a place like this would be full of americans.

Now i might write that off to all the current politics with russia and the u.s., but with the exchange rate it should at least atract a few. Same thing in germany. The marriot and sherdon in frankfurt had almost no americans staying there. I think i seen like two, and they were obviously traveling on the company dime.

It is a stark indication of just how far down the u.s. position has slid in recent years. I dont think they are coming back any time soon.

It is a stark indication of just how far down the u.s. position has slid in recent years. I dont think they are coming back any time soon.
The US and Russia with their dispute over cyber spygate then Merkel's Germany for accumulating a surplus surpassing the Chinese, with a whopping US$285 billions doesn't go well with the US..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Ok. Found americans in the most hostile american place on the planet: paris.

We were walking down the street. Some french driver jumped out of his car and started swearing at a bunch of american women that did something strange in front of his car near us today.

Still the numbers of american tourist strikes me as pretty light, even at the most famious tourist traps in the world. I have seen more mexicans than americans in paris.

Return to “New Users Start Here: FORUM NEWS”