Not extended rental contract

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
jamie_m

Not extended rental contract

Postby jamie_m » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:52 pm

Just a quicky. If I do not wish to extend/renew past a 2 year rental contract end date, Is it my responsibility by law to inform the owner? If so how much notice do I have to give? Or is it the owners responsibility to find out my intentions? I realise as much notice as possible is simply the right thing to do, but I would like to stay hush for a bit.

Dosedmonkey

Re: Not extended rental contract

Postby Dosedmonkey » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:57 pm

There meant to give you permission to leave, and using this you can get permission to transport your property to another house. A document you need if stopped by the carabineros.to prove you didnt just steal it all.

For this reason a few weeks notice is handy. But be clever and dont let them rip you off on your deposit. I often made them use part of my deposit to pay for my last months rent, to prevent them taking all my deposit over some overpriced paint job or other made up work.

Other then that the exact arrangements should be written in to your contract.

Chilito.

jamie_m

Re: Not extending rental contract

Postby jamie_m » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Thanks for that. I just read through the contract, we have to give at least 30 days. We are not leaving before the end of the contract period, just not renewing/staying. We are 1 month in advance so he won't be getting the final month. 30 days should be sufficient.

Dosedmonkey

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Remember bills can be one or two months behind in Chile, so you may need to part with some money to cover then.

And same when moving in to new address, check the date bills cover, might be a new bill but for two months before. Silly bills, why they are so behind in Chilean I don't know.

duem10

Postby duem10 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 am

Dosedmonkey wrote:There meant to give you permission to leave, and using this you can get permission to transport your property to another house. A document you need if stopped by the carabineros.to prove you didnt just steal it all.

For this reason a few weeks notice is handy. But be clever and dont let them rip you off on your deposit. I often made them use part of my deposit to pay for my last months rent, to prevent them taking all my deposit over some overpriced paint job or other made up work.

Chilito.

Hello
Can you help me. actually i want to extend my rental contract for 1 year more but don't know about the rules and regulation.
Do i have to more deposit??

paladin

Postby paladin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:24 pm

duem10 wrote:
Dosedmonkey wrote:There meant to give you permission to leave, and using this you can get permission to transport your property to another house. A document you need if stopped by the carabineros.to prove you didnt just steal it all.

Chilito.

Hello
Can you help me. actually i want to extend my rental contract for 1 year more but don't know about the rules and regulation.
Do i have to more deposit??

what does your contract say ? It could well contain a clause that says , if either party doesnt give the agreed period of notice, to not renew the contract, then it will continue on the same terms as the expiring one.

Return to “Chile Real Estate, Property, and Construction”