Source of cheap(er) lisinopril?

General topics related to Living in Chile
ExpatBob

Source of cheap(er) lisinopril?

Postby ExpatBob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 pm

I find myself out of my blood pressure medication and the local farmacia has it available in a dose that is half of what I require at $30.000 per month (so I would have to pay $60.000/month or USD$100 for this stuff which normally costs me like USD$8 !?) Is there a better alternative somewhere here? Or is mail order a possibility? Even international express shipping would be cheaper, honestly.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Source of cheap(er) lisinopril?

Postby admin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:01 pm

I don't see why you could not ship it in. Make sure you have your prescription and so on. Even if an occasional package went MIA, it would still be cheaper.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

ExpatBob

Postby ExpatBob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Is it a thing where they would hold it in aduanas until I show up with the prescription?

passport

Postby passport » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Might try walking into an independently owned <SPAM WORD> and ask to talk to the owner, who could give you a better price than the chains.
However I suspect that the wholesale cost is just universally high in Chile. Better to get from outside.

picalena

Postby picalena » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Check the price on Cilokare at your <SPAM WORD>. It appears to be a bioequivalente ACE inhibitor. If it is tolerable, talk to your doctor to see if it is acceptable and dosage and what not. There appear to be scads of ACE inhibitors available, just need to find out which one is cheapest. This is the action you are looking for: Aparato Circulatorio:Antianginosos. There is likely a cheaper alternative at the farmacia, just gotta figure out which one and get a doctor to help you with dosing.

cheers,
pl

pd: welcome back
“The tree long remembers what the axe soon forgets.”
Some guy on the internet

ExpatBob

Postby ExpatBob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:12 pm

I’ve tried a whole library of anti-hypertensive drugs from NA and SA, and either they don’t work, they shut my kidneys down, or they make me comatose. So far the only thing that works is lisinopril.

uruguayo

Postby uruguayo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:22 pm

You may want to cross the border into Argentina, most medicines are much cheaper than in Chile and there is no need for a precription, for example, the most expensive (imported) prices for Lisinopril are :
ARS = 17 per USD)
Zestril lisinopril 10mg Comp. x 60 Astrazeneca ARS 360
Zestril lisinopril 20mg Comp. x 60 Astrazeneca ARS 523
Domestic generic medicines are even cheaper, just do a internet search for ¨lisinopril precio argentina¨ and you will see the argentine local price.

ExpatBob

Postby ExpatBob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Wow what a difference, the generics would at least cut it down to US$20/month. Thanks for the suggestion. I used to just buy it OTC in Uruguay but my trips there have become much less frequent.

ExpatBob

Postby ExpatBob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:03 pm

So I guess I should ask now... is anyone in Santiago making a border run to Mendoza anytime in the next month?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:18 pm

have you tried the municiple / popular pharmas (sorry can not recall what they are called right now)?

They buy in bulk and only sell what people need, bringing the costs down for everyone vs. the big pharma chains (yea, sorry that word attracts a lot of spam on the forum). For example, someone only needs 10 pills out of a normal box of 30, they sell just what people need, and no more; it brings the cost down for everyone. started like a year or two ago across chile.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

ExpatBob

Postby ExpatBob » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Hmm, not familiar with those. What would you google to find them?

frozen-north

Postby frozen-north » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:03 pm

'farmacia popular' / 'farmacia municipal'

But......

Recoleta:
' se solicita la ficha de protección social vigente y una declaración jurada simple o ingreso mensual.'

Las Condes:
' Todos los adultos mayores que tengan la “Tarjeta Vecino” y la correspondiente receta médica contarán con el descuento,'

Un nuevo modelo de farmacia popular inició la municipalidad de Renca a través de la implementación de la “Farmacia Amiga”, la que poseerá un stock estable de medicamentos. Y de no tenerlo, ofrece un plazo de siete días para reponerlo a sus clientes.

Como una forma de diferenciarse del resto de farmacias populares, la comuna de Renca inauguró una nueva versión denominada “Farmacia Amiga”, que tendrá a disposición de los vecinos la venta de medicamentos a precios más bajos que sus símiles tradicionales.

http://www.fefara.org.ar/wp/jovenes/ren ... ile-chile/

24 De Abril 2017

Las denominadas “farmacias populares” son establecimientos municipales que buscan dar acceso a la población a medicamentos a un menor costo. Varias comunas del país se han sumado a este modelo, como por ejemplo Recoleta, Viña del Mar, San Ramón, entre otras. Hoy, el alcalde de Las Condes, Joaquín Lavín decidió hacer llegar ese beneficio a sus vecinos de manera diferente: firmó un convenio con Salcobrand.

Otro aspecto clave, es que las farmacias populares en su mayoría solicitan información que de cuenta de una condición socioeconómica precaria para tener acceso a los medicamentos a precio rebajado. Por ejemplo, en la comuna de Recoleta se solicita la ficha de protección social vigente y una declaración jurada simple o ingreso mensual. Acá no. Todos los adultos mayores que tengan la “Tarjeta Vecino” y la correspondiente receta médica contarán con el descuento, independiente de su condición socioeconómica, ya que dicho ítem no es contemplado a la hora de sacar la tarjeta.

https://www.publimetro.cl/cl/nacional/2 ... ondes.html

Return to “Living in Chile”