Need help with Movistar SIM Card

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

ndoraswamy

Need help with Movistar SIM Card

Postby ndoraswamy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:48 pm

I just moved to Santiago. Bought two Movistar SIM cards from a store in Parque Arauco. I think our SIM cards are activated. At least we got several texts from Movistar stating so. However, we cannot find out our phone numbers! My wife has a iPhone4GS and I have a cheap Dual SIM phone. Please help! How do we find out our numbers?
Don't have local contacts to ensure that we can find our phone numbers by dialing them.

zer0nz

Re: Need help with Movistar SIM Card

Postby zer0nz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:53 pm

just send a sms to someone back home and ask them for the numbers :)

ndoraswamy

Postby ndoraswamy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:17 pm

zer0nz, thanks a lot for that suggestion! That totally worked. However, I was confused because the number my contact gave me incuded 011569 of which I recognized 011 as the international dialling code from the US, but I did not know if I needed to include 569 or 56 when dialling locally. By trial and error figured out the right numbers to dial for local calls. No one tells you how to call a local number that has all those extra numbers including 0s sometimes enclosed in parantheses!! Thanks.

zer0nz

Postby zer0nz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:19 pm

ndoraswamy wrote:zer0nz, thanks a lot for that suggestion! That totally worked. However, I was confused because the number my contact gave me incuded 011569 of which I recognized 011 as the international dialling code from the US, but I did not know if I needed to include 569 or 56 when dialling locally. By trial and error figured out the right numbers to dial for local calls. No one tells you how to call a local number that has all those extra numbers including 0s sometimes enclosed in parantheses!! Thanks.

+56 (9) xxxx xxxx

+ is the exit code in the dialling country
56 is chile
9 is mobile
xxxx xxxx is the actual number

good luck!

Return to “Lobby”