Hot rollers/curlers in Chile?

General topics related to Living in Chile
IslandGreco

Hot rollers/curlers in Chile?

Postby IslandGreco » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:57 pm

I did not bring my US hot rollers to Chile for obvious reasons. I have been looking everywhere for a Chilean set here, but have not been able to find them. Only onduladores (curling iron), which I really don't want to use, and asiladores (straightening iron) which I am afraid will destroy my hair. Has anyone found hot rollers in Chile and if so, please let me know where I can find some.

I have been to Ripley, Jumbo, Paris, Falabella and also looked for them online. But given how Chileans organize things it is highly possible that I am either looking in the wrong place in the stores (maybe they are by the televisions) or in the wrong store (maybe they are sold at the farmacia or ferreteria). I also don't know what they would be called in Spanish here - I have asked for rolos calientes/rollos calientes/rulos calientes, but I usually get a blank stare or a bolillo in response. :shock:

Thanks! I will happily buy a nice bottle of wine for anyone that can point me in the direction of hot rollers that I can use here!

Cheers.

zer0nz

Re: Hot rollers/curlers in Chile?

Postby zer0nz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:18 pm

They are in chile, my gfs mum walks around the house with them on!,

I walked past the shop that sells them on my way home from work today because i saw them in the window, but i cant remember the name... it starts with P and sells beauty stuff fro make up artists and hair stylists, they are all over chile, las condes, lo barnachea, providencia.... keep your eye out

IslandGreco

Postby IslandGreco » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:56 pm

I will seriously buy you a really nice bottle of wine and have it delivered to you if you can find the name of the store. It is hard to explain, but it is a dire need. Thanks!

trabajo en progreso

Postby trabajo en progreso » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Opposite the boost juice in the food court in Alto Las Condes, or lower floor at the shopping centre in La Dehesa that is not the Portal (on El Rodeo). Same chain, but I can't remember the name either.

zer0nz

Postby zer0nz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:09 pm

the shop is called pichara

http://www.casapichara.cl/

Tombi

Postby Tombi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 pm

In both Alto Las Condes and La Dehesa (and other locations) you can find a shop called "inter salon", I'm pretty sure I've seen that type of paraphernalia there. (I think that's the one Trabajo is talking about too)

trabajo en progreso

Postby trabajo en progreso » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Tombi wrote:In both Alto Las Condes and La Dehesa (and other locations) you can find a shop called "inter salon", I'm pretty sure I've seen that type of paraphernalia there. (I think that's the one Trabajo is talking about too)

That be the one, yar.

horselover1830

Postby horselover1830 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:29 am

I also didn't bring my hot rollers for what I thought were obvious reasons - too much hassle with the different electrical current etc.
Also didn't bring my recharger or recharger for aa batteries.
It is surprisingly EASY to get the converter for the plug and the watts - need someone like my brother in law to help but after you know it is soooooooo simple - bring all those types of stuff - anyone looking in.
Lana
because - yes - it is hard and EXPENSIVE to find the simplest things here

Return to “Living in Chile”