someone shot my cat

General topics related to Living in Chile
GringoVikingo

someone shot my cat

Postby GringoVikingo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:24 pm

So someone shot one of my cat 5 months old, and are now on hospital.
5 small bullets from a shotgun is taken out.
This cat never goes far away from the house, so someone was here close to my house with weapon.

Should I report this to the police?
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

admin
Site Admin

Re: someone shot my cat

Postby admin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Where did you find the cat? Inside or outside of your property?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

GringoVikingo

Postby GringoVikingo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:07 pm

admin wrote:Where did you find the cat? Inside or outside of your property?

Inside my property 20 m from my house, and the vet told me that is was caliber 12.
2 of the legs are fractured.
I was thinking that he have a accident, fall down from a tree, as he was limping on 2 legs, 2 days later he start to swell up.
And I take him to the vet. I think the cat was hit from a long distance, and under escape due to where the shotgun pellet hit.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:13 pm

I would report it. I would not expect much, but in the event someone say does it again in the area it will be documented. Who knows, perhaps your not the first either.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:33 pm

There are all kind of vicious or demented people hurting domesticated animals anywhere in the world. However, to shoot a cat or a dog for no reason should be punished ! Report your incident with a local police and establish a case as said by admin.
I just can't stand human hurting either domesticated animals or even the Ronin ones! Hope your kitten gets well soon..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

GringoVikingo

Postby GringoVikingo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:57 pm

I just get tlf from the vet, not so good. it look like he will get Gangrene, and 2 legg have to be cut of.
I will take picture of the cat tomorrow, and take with me the shotgun pellets, and go to the police.

I love cat's have 16, picking up smal cats at the road, and 3 time with a dead mother. There are many more people taking care of dogs.
The last cat I take care of come to my home pregnant and in terrible condition, the little cat shot is her kid.

I'm going to put up camera, so I can se who sneaking around my hose when I'm not home
"George Carlin"

jehturner

Postby jehturner » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Sounds like some neighbour doesn't like all your cats wandering around. A few years ago, one of our cats was run over and another poisoned within a couple of months. An unknown cat inexplicably turned up dead in our garden some years earlier. Pulling out a shotgun is a bit extreme, even for the arseholes that do these things. Presumably your cat was hit from a distance to remain intact (not that I'm any gun expert). Given all the regulations here, I would think the police would very easily be able to figure out who has a shotgun next to your house. Alternatively, if it's unlicensed, you can pin a bigger problem than animal cruelty on the person, if you can figure out who it was -- I can only imagine the police here throwing the book at someone discharging an unlicensed weapon (or any, for that matter) in or near the street -- seems like a very stupid thing to do. Hope the cat pulls through it, even if not in the best shape.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:29 am

You would think in a year where Haunta outbreak is so high, cats would be a welcome sight to most.

There actually is a special division of the PDI that deals with nothing but animal cruelty cases.

Dosedmonkey

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 am

Animal cruelty in Chile is getting taken much more seriously last few years. There is a government department just for animal wealthier now. Might be to do with the fact if your caught hurting animals.your likely to get leaches by mobs (rightfully) in many parts of Chile now.

There is a lot of sick people in Chile who brutalise animals, children etc.

bonzoq

Postby bonzoq » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Report it to the BIDEMA, who are the PDI for animals. The carabineros will do nothing. If you do a denuncia they are legally obliged to investigate it and as has been said above more notice is being taken of animal cruelty than previously

Return to “Living in Chile”