Puertecillo/Tuman Navidad Area

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Puertecillo/Tuman Navidad Area

Postby admin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:31 am

My knee jerk reaction is spend a little more and buy something more developed closer to one of the known tourist destinations.

It is sort of, if you have ask us about the market there, then your not up to speed sufficently on the market trends to speculate on the future development of the area. Or another way of putting it, dont try to out guess the market in chile.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

matt4prat

Postby matt4prat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:44 am

Thank you for the advice.

Do you happen to know/ have you heard anything about this project though? http://www.puertecillo.cl/proyecto.php Seems like someone spent a lot of money to create a new community. According to the guards near this project 160 parcelas have been sold.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Never heard of it, and at any given moment there is likly 10,000 new parcelation projects across chile.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Postby Gloria » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:20 pm

matt4prat wrote:I'm not sure who El Lechero is. Are his lots near Navidad region?

No, he's in the lakes region close to Pto Varas so no way near Navidad.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

matt4prat

Postby matt4prat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Thank you everyone. Great info.

If anyone on here is close to Navidad and has any input on the project/area as well. I am open to hearing your feedback as well.

Once again, all info has been very helpful.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 pm

I've only been as far as La Boca (coming south from Santo Domingo/San Antonio area). The area (Matanzas/Pupuya/La Boca) is very isolated. No cable or cell in La Boca. Navidad is a small town, Rapel smaller but you need to get to a larger city for selection, price and large supply runs. Guess Rancagua, Melipilla and Santiago might be your choices for supply runs. Takes forever on the rural road from Matanzas/Pupuya/La Boca to get to Santo Domingo/San Antonio.

One characteristic of the Navidad area is many small quakes that seem to come in clusters during the year.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

frozen-north

Postby frozen-north » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Looking on some info on Puertecillo I found this:

El proyecto inmobiliario que amenaza a Puertecillo

Sobre el proyecto y su impacto, la comunidad local prácticamente no tiene información.

http://ciperchile.cl/2014/11/20/el-proy ... ertecillo/

matt4prat

Postby matt4prat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Thank you

frozen-north

Postby frozen-north » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:57 pm

El Plan Regulador .... define a toda la zona donde hoy está emplazada la localidad de Puertecillo y a casi toda la costa de la VI región – ....como áreas de riesgo, por ser inundables o potencialmente inundables. Pero establece una única excepción: la playa de Puertecillo desde la Punta Sur hasta el Estero Topocalma, área coincidente con el loteo.

No entendemos por qué la ordenanza excluyó el área del loteo de la declaratoria de zona de riesgo.

I liked this part. Somehow the developers managed to get a declaration that the whole area around them could be affected by a tsunami, but the development ('community') will not be touched.

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:38 pm

matt4prat wrote:I'm not sure who El Lechero is. Are his lots near Navidad region?

El Lechero is now: MJsaywell, he once had a large cattle parcela of his own? Think used to produce much milk but he has ceased his operation last year. Apparently he is piece selling his parcela in lots of 5k m2 each..

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14302
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Here is the problem.

Of a guess about 10000 some new parcelations, in 1 year less than 10% ever pass the 'just a field with a marker' phase. Again just a guess.

After 5 years, of that 10%, only about 25% have about 25% of there properties with structures on then.

You buy a parcel green, you need to dial in about a 10 to 20 year process of building and development. Even in the most high demand ereas across chile, unless the developer is providing houses.

Many parcelations, say 10 to 20 % never pass the field with a sign phase. In fact i bid on them at bank auctions all the time that go for 1 to 2 million per 5,000 meeter lot.

In fact i just pulled from one, that the coast looked exactly like those coatal photos, and the property was less than 1 miĺlion per parcel. Hell, i spent more in documentation and title search feas just tracking the case through the courts than the parcels were worth. The auction flopped three times.

Why?

The parcelecation was below sea level. All 400+ parcels. There was nothing there that you wanted to put a structure on.

So dont do blind buys unleess you have millions of dollars to speculate with.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm

frozen-north wrote:

El Plan Regulador .... define a toda la zona donde hoy está emplazada la localidad de Puertecillo y a casi toda la costa de la VI región – ....como áreas de riesgo, por ser inundables o potencialmente inundables. Pero establece una única excepción: la playa de Puertecillo desde la Punta Sur hasta el Estero Topocalma, área coincidente con el loteo.

No entendemos por qué la ordenanza excluyó el área del loteo de la declaratoria de zona de riesgo.

I liked this part. Somehow the developers managed to get a declaration that the whole area around them could be affected by a tsunami, but the development ('community') will not be touched.

Yea years ago i had a conversation with the president of the real estate agent association in the 9th region. He said downtown pucon use to be a volcanic red zone but due to political presure it got redrfined as green. Yet, if you kick the dirt on the edge of main street you can see the lava flow that came down main street in the 60s or 70s.

I was in a hotel in viarrica on the other side of the lake one time where they had photos of the lava flows at night right down the center of pucon.

Return to “Chile Real Estate, Property, and Construction”