Wages for locals

General job offers and work related issues in Chile.
at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: Wages for locals

Postby at46 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm

john wrote: That's because I identify with the chivalric exploits of Don Quixote. :wink:

For sure, the one who "stands for everything that is gentle, forlorn, pure, unselfish, and gallant. The parody has become a paragon" :) In Nabokov's precise summation.

john
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 6162
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:11 am
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile

Re: Wages for locals

Postby john » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:05 pm

at46 wrote:
john wrote: That's because I identify with the chivalric exploits of Don Quixote. :wink:

For sure, the one who "stands for everything that is gentle, forlorn, pure, unselfish, and gallant. The parody has become a paragon" :) In Nabokov's precise summation.


Nabokov was right! :)
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

User avatar
MikieO
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:41 pm
Location: USA

Re: Wages for locals

Postby MikieO » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:26 pm

http://carlosagaton.blogspot.cl/2016/05 ... meras.html

now we know, wages for locals are about to go DOWN..
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

john
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 6162
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:11 am
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile

Re: Wages for locals

Postby john » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:21 pm

MikieO wrote:http://carlosagaton.blogspot.cl/2016/05/pronto-comenzaran-las-primeras.html

now we know, wages for locals are about to go DOWN..


How do I sign up to join the kibbutz? :)
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

User avatar
MikieO
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:41 pm
Location: USA

Re: Wages for locals

Postby MikieO » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

john wrote:
MikieO wrote:http://carlosagaton.blogspot.cl/2016/05/pronto-comenzaran-las-primeras.html

now we know, wages for locals are about to go DOWN..


How do I sign up to join the kibbutz? :)


as well versed in Soviet literature as you are, I'd say it'll be a shoo in.
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

john
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 6162
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:11 am
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile

Re: Wages for locals

Postby john » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:44 pm

MikieO wrote:
john wrote:
MikieO wrote:http://carlosagaton.blogspot.cl/2016/05/pronto-comenzaran-las-primeras.html

now we know, wages for locals are about to go DOWN..


How do I sign up to join the kibbutz? :)


as well versed in Soviet literature as you are, I'd say it'll be a shoo in.


After graduating from UCLA I spent the better part of a year traveling throughout Europe, the Middle-East and North Africa. While in Greece I met two Stanford University students who told me they were heading to Israel to work on a Kibbutz and so I decided to join them on their character-building quest. Such glorious memories (i.e., working my a** off for six weeks with only my copy of Das Kapital to boost my spirits at night). :)
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell


Return to “Jobs in Chile and Work Related Issues in Chile”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests