The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

JHyre

Re: The Trump Administration

Postby JHyre » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 am

For me, simply "the bureaucracy". I deal with them (specifically the IRS) for a living. I'd be happy to see my job made unnecessary, I'd simply find another. Granted, the IRS is one of the comparatively more accountable bureaucracies due to the existence of the Tax Court.

As a businessman, Trump knows how much power bureaucrats wield and how much harm they cause. A gander through history (China, both Roman empires, the Ottomans, etc.) shows what happens when those people have too much power. Trivia Question: In the US, how much law does Congress make compared to how much is made by un-elected, unaccountable, un-fireable bureaucrats? Is the US still a republic, where elected officials (imperfect as they are) make the law?

Trump is a very flawed man. But he also recognizes several basic truths and has the guts to act on them. One is that the bureaucracy is harmful, out of control, and needs to be both reduced and brought to heel. The bureaucracy is pushing back hard with all of its considerable power. Are they to be our rulers? Not if Trump has his way, which is one reason I will back him in spite of himself.

John Hyre

JHyre

Postby JHyre » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:28 am

Here's one way to deal with the bastards: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-2 ... -regs-hour

John Hyre

at46

Postby at46 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:23 pm

JHyre wrote:Here's one way to deal with the bastards: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-2 ... -regs-hour

I think the bastards are taking a different and probably more effective approach against Trump, along the immortal words of the young Vladimir: waste them in the outhouse. So whose gonna be the next Flynn? And do you think Trump is able of wasting them back?

cali_chile48

Postby cali_chile48 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:27 pm

The "Deep State" is quite a bit darker than simply the "bureaucracy". It refers to entrenched powers, yes, but specifically in the intelligence gathering sector of the government. It now has a life of its own and is beyond the control of the political parties. We have seen it act against both parties in the past year. Kucinich's take is probably partially correct....it wants to keep Russia as the enemy to continue justifying its own existence and funding.....but it is also interested in creating domestic enemies to continue justifying their surveillance activities. Muslims will do, for now. Later, it could be any convenient group.

"The Empire" has legs now, and Pumpkinhead has made himself an attractive target. I doubt very much that he has any idea what he is up against. Obama was pretty clean, at least in terms of his personal life and conduct....but the toxic clown in the White House has lots of baggage, and it will all come out.....bit by bit.....and it will paralyze his administration. In Chile, Bachelet has been referred to on this forum as "politically radioactive". Pumpkinhead is already that, and will suffer the same fate....competent people will not get close to him.

He is inept and unprepared, and clearly suffers from some kind of mental disorder. Further, let's be honest....he's not the brains in the White House. That goes to Bannon. Just wait til the Deep State starts leaking info on him.....

JHyre

Postby JHyre » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:48 pm

OK, I'm not there yet. I do not see the Deep State as quite that dark. Just the bureaucracy doing what the bureaucracy does, which is bad enough since what they do is accumulate lots of power of all sorts, run our lives, take lots of money, make felons out of too many people, etc. I'm not quite there with "the national security state is doing the Orwell thing". Could be I'm wrong, it's happened before. Sometimes my cynicism lags behind reality.

John Hyre

Andres

Postby Andres » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:08 pm

JHyre wrote:I'd be happy to see my job made unnecessary

One indicator of an honest man.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
Blessed are they who have nothing to say and can not be persuaded to say it.

Andres

Postby Andres » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Opinion: It is the 'dark state' which is "behind" the bureaucracy, whose bidding the bureaucracy executes, which is the real danger.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
Blessed are they who have nothing to say and can not be persuaded to say it.

frozen-north

Postby frozen-north » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:53 pm

admin wrote:
I think I like this take better on Trump's mental health, from the guy that wrote the section on narcissist for the DSM:
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne ... nt-n721766

In short, he is just an 'a-hole', and not even a particularly interesting one at that. Diagnosing him as mentally ill let's him off the hook.

"Mr. Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy,"

Quite a good article. There was a link to another interesting article:

Some Experts Say Trump Team’s Falsehoods Are Classic ‘Gaslighting’

Gaslighting refers to a 1944 film in which a murdering husband manipulates and confuses his wife by dimming the gas lights in their home and then denying it's happening.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/mental-he ... ng-n711021

nwdiver

Postby nwdiver » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:08 pm

OK, that's was very weird, Trump even refused to answer a question from a CBC reporter, just rolled his eyes and said next question......... If you didn't find yesterday's press conference odd, I feel very sorry for you, his own people wondered what he was talking about, he is more like Castro in his rants....... Which takes the pressure off the real question, when is he going to start governing, or is this just a big meltdown in 144 characters or 1 hour plus rants?
It's all about the wine.

nwdiver

Postby nwdiver » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:20 pm

It appears now Trump doesn't even need to fire people, apparently several have decline the offer to join his cabinet, they are getting ahead of the game.......
It's all about the wine.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:06 am

Well, I can kind of see why people are declining. It sort of has 'end your career here' written all over the job application.

As for the 'deep state', I would take that to be more or less the same thing as eisnehower's military industrial complex.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military% ... al_complex

Just not in the 1960's sense of building bombs, guns, ships (still an important part). It now very much includes things like those big servers in Utah the NSA built, the TSA guys at the airport, body armor for local police, and yes, the CNN, FOX news, 'news as entertainment' and video game, TV, movie companies that produce 'war as entertainment and propaganda'. It also includes private intelligence companies. I am talking about hackers for hire. The guys that engage in everything from industrial espionage and sabotage, to political hacking, to your 'fake news', to building and selling exploits to police and military around the World. It is those cushy jobs that politicians and government officials take at think tanks, Goldman, or lockead martin after they leave office. It is the 5 eyes, and the one handshake, plus a wink between intelligence services as they go about their daily business of pretending to be adversaries.

Their currency is the warm bodies in their sphere of influence, that have no influence over them. We are just traded like playing cards. This week Russia controls the bodies in Ukraine. Perhaps next week they might trade Ukrain for some warm bodies in Syria, Poland, where ever. Perhaps Iran will trade Yemen for Iraq next week.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:51 am

I stumbled upon this truly great article on eisenhower's warning and what it means for our current situation:
http://taskandpurpose.com/the-real-poin ... l-complex/

As an aside, reading the transcript of that speech, I am just struck by the eloquence and deep thought that went in to it. It is dense, with each word carefully selected, and sentenced that were just as carefully constructed. Just read a piece, content aside, to appreciate the engineering that went in to constructing that speech.

… there is a recurring temptation to feel that some spectacular and costly action could become the miraculous solution to all current difficulties. … But each proposal must be weighed in the light of a broader consideration: the need to maintain balance in and among national programs — balance between the private and the public economy, balance between cost and hoped for advantage — balance between the clearly necessary and the comfortably desirable; balance between our essential requirements as a nation and the duties imposed by the nation upon the individual; balance between actions of the moment and the national welfare of the future. Good judgment seeks balance and progress; lack of it eventually finds imbalance and frustration.

A shocking contrast to any speech ever given by Trump.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Return to “Lobby”