Dudas on webpay.cl

General topics related to Living in Chile
AnonJ

Dudas on webpay.cl

Postby AnonJ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello!

Having just recently been to Chile, it seems to me that the normal way for foreigners who don't have a Chilean bank account to pay for online transactions would be through webpay.cl. However I haven't had any success in using it: no matter it is to recharge my cellular phone, to buy some bus ticket or to buy electronic products, I always get the "transaccion fracasada" information, as follows:

Transacción Fracasada.
Las posibles causas de este rechazo son:
- Error en el ingreso de los datos de su tarjeta de crédito (fecha y/o código de seguridad).
- Su tarjeta de crédito no cuenta con el cupo necesario para cancelar la compra.
- Tarjeta aún no habilitada en el sistema financiero.
- Si el problema persiste favor comunicarse con su Banco emisor.

I have called the customer service of transbank.cl but they aren't able to offer a solution. They say normally all international visa/mastercard should work well, and suggested that I contact my card-issuing bank.

Is what he said true or is he just responding with incorrect information? I read on http://www.allchile.net/chilewiki/index.php?title=Chile_Title_Search that webpay.cl only accepts Chilean cards, though it should not be the case IMO because webpay states it accepts any Visa/Mastercard. Or another possible explanation would be it has something to do with Verified by Visa/Mastercard Secure Code service(the "extra security" where you have to enter a password whenever you do a credit card transaction online). All the webpay.cl pages didn't jump to Verified by Visa interface before giving me the "transaccion fracasada" information. So could it be the cause of the issue?

If only Chilean cards are accepted then I'll probably open a Chilean bank account.

Thanks in advance!

zer0nz

Re: Dudas on webpay.cl

Postby zer0nz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Webpay accepts foreign cards only if the company has enabled it...
Companies dont enable it because they are liable for fraudulent transactions... (the local version of webpay for chilean cards makes the client pay a $5.000.000 bond... imagine the foreign version :) )

So yes, it does, but no one allows it!

welcome to chile, have a monopoly!

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:53 pm

For Chile online purchases, you really need a RedCompra card so open a CuentaVista with all functions activated.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

AnonJ

Postby AnonJ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Hahaha I see. Thanks! :)

Return to “Living in Chile”