The State of the States

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

john

Re: The State of the States

Postby john » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Time to get to the bottom of this saga.

Americans Deserve to Know the Specific allegations on Trump and Russia
Trump's sex life is his own affair. But ties to foreign autocrats -- whether Russian, Chinese, or Emirati -- should have been fully aired long before now.
https://www.thenation.com/article/ameri ... nd-russia/
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

Andres

Postby Andres » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:05 pm

A shower, or prison time?
Let's not forget that Clapper lied to Congress and did not go to jail, as he should have.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
Blessed are they who have nothing to say and can not be persuaded to say it.

john

Postby john » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Andres wrote:A shower, or prison time?
Let's not forget that Clapper lied to Congress and did not go to jail, as he should have.

All spooks lie...an occupational hazard. :) But I'm okay with Clapper or any other Intel chief going to jail...after a fair trial that is. :wink:

The Trump allegations are now out there and should be thoroughly investigated and, if there's anything there, then let the chips fall where they may.
--- Bertrand Russell

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm

john wrote:

All spooks lie...an occupational hazard. :) But I'm okay with Clapper or any other Intel chief going to jail...after a fair trial that is. :wink:

The Trump allegations are now out there and should be thoroughly investigated and, if there's anything there, then let the chips fall where they may.

Yea madiro too.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Andres

Postby Andres » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:30 pm

john wrote:

True, John. But you do have a habit of listening too much to the 'echo chamber' of (so-called) 'liberal' fake news.

Just one example:
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/epic-t ... fake-news/

john

Postby john » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Andres wrote:
john wrote:

True, John. But you do have a habit of listening too much to the 'echo chamber' of (so-called) 'liberal' fake news.

Just one example:

Are you kidding me? You accuse me of listening to 'liberal' fake news and then reference a biased anarcho-capitalist/libertarian website. :lol:
--- Bertrand Russell

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:00 am

Irony is that clapper either outright confirmed everything published by wikileaks and snowden, or did not deny the bases of what was the published
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Andres

Postby Andres » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:20 am

john wrote:
Andres wrote:
john wrote:

Just one example:

Are you kidding me? You accuse me of listening to 'liberal' fake news and then reference a biased anarcho-capitalist/libertarian website. :lol:

Labels do you no justice.
You clearly have no ability to ascertain a grain of truth from outright BS.
Have you not noticed the degree to which the recent 'revelations' have been discredited?
No wonder you come up with the destructive, fascist social solutions you do.

JHyre

National Security Wiretap Attempt on Trump

Postby JHyre » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 am

Corruption at the highest levels of our Banana Republic, exactly what I would expect from Obama and his Justice Department. I had a higher opinion of the FBI. No longer. I would note that the Clinton Foundation had far stronger connections to Russia than was alleged in the pretext to try and get a National Security wiretap on Trump. This is serious, serious corruption of the most powerful government authority. It'd be hard to parody or exaggerate.

"What we have, however, suggests that someone at the FBI initially had concerns that banking laws were being violated, but when the Bureau looked into it, investigators found no crimes were being committed. Rather than drop the matter for lack of evidence of criminal offenses, the Justice Department and FBI pursued it as a national-security investigation."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... mp-wiretap

John Hyre

cali_chile48

Postby cali_chile48 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:53 am

Corruption in the FBI predates the Clintons and Obama by at least 50 years. Ever heard of a guy named J. Edgar Hoover?

OF COURSE they have a dossier on Pumpkinhead. Why wouldn't they? That's what they do.

I'm waiting to see how Pumpkinhead turns this into a money maker. Maybe they will offer golden showers by Ivanka look-alikes at selected hotels and resorts? There's an image to savor....

john

Postby john » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Andres wrote:
john wrote:
Andres wrote:
john wrote:

Just one example:

Labels do you no justice.
You clearly have no ability to ascertain a grain of truth from outright BS.
Have you not noticed the degree to which the recent 'revelations' have been discredited?
No wonder you come up with the destructive, fascist social solutions you do.

Didn't you apply a pejorative label to 'liberal' news? :wink:
I try to be objective when evaluating news reports, your derisive comment notwithstanding.
Presumably, you are referring to 'revelations' about Buzz Feed's reporting? It seems the intelligence agencies are pursuing the veracity of those allegations and it seems prudent to wait until that investigation is completed before jumping to any conclusions.
There you go again, implying that my views are fascist. :lol:

Trump claims intelligence chief James Clapper denounced dossier
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38596459
--- Bertrand Russell

john

Postby john » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 pm

The autocratic tendencies of Trump are already in full flight. Anyone who believes in transparency in government and the upholding of First Amendment rights should be very concerned indeed.

Trump's train wreck press conference ushers in a shambolic presidency
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... presidency

Donald Trump and the State of Conflict
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/arts ... WEML661912
--- Bertrand Russell

Return to “Lobby”