LATAM domestic flights to fully adopt LCC 2017

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
admin
Site Admin

Re: LATAM domestic flights to fully adopt LCC 2017

Postby admin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Yea, if they will fire all the Chilean web design morons they hired out of U. of Chile or wherever. They need to go spend $5000 on a good Indian web design firm, and fix their web sites, booking systems, and just about everything else digital so it more or less works like a major airline web site should.

My wife and I were trying to reserve seats on a flight for the family to Miami, including the Chilean portion of the flight. You click on the seats you want, go to click on the empty seats next to it, and they are gone. How in less than 3 seconds, do you they book an entire row of seats from Puerto Montt to Santiago? They don't. We called up reservation hotline, spent an hour screwing around with their call system, to finally get an operator to tell us the entire plane is empty and it was a software glitch.

As a shareholder it really makes you go, HUMMM!!!! How many millions of dollars that little web site glitch just costs them today? Do they have airplanes leaving the ground right now, with no passengers on board, because the reservation system thinks they are full? Are there extra airplanes being assigned to routes, because they think there is so much demand?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:08 pm

If LAN really wanting to incorporate LCC flights in the Latin skies, they must price it as a real LCC flights. Instance: Santiago~Lima for $300.00 no meal no drink, but acqua is free etc.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

papageno

Postby papageno » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:36 pm

admin wrote:Yea, if they will fire all the Chilean web design morons they hired out of U. of Chile or wherever. They need to go spend $5000 on a good Indian web design firm, and fix their web sites, booking systems, and just about everything else digital so it more or less works like a major airline web site should.

My wife and I were trying to reserve seats on a flight for the family to Miami, including the Chilean portion of the flight. You click on the seats you want, go to click on the empty seats next to it, and they about are gone. How in less than 3 seconds, do you they book an entire row of seats from Puerto Montt to Santiago? They don't. We called up reservation hotline, spent an hour screwing around with their call system, to finally get an operator to tell us the entire plane is empty and it was a software glitch.

As a shareholder it really makes you go, HUMMM!!!! How many millions of dollars that little web site glitch just costs them today? Do they have airplanes leaving the ground right now, with no passengers on board, because the reservation system thinks they are full? Are there extra airplanes being assigned to routes, because they think there is so much demand?

Sometimes the website shows an almost empty plane, yet only a week later I show up and the plane is almost full. In my earlier post, I omitted the part about a screwed up ticketing system that took them about 30 minutes to process my seat upgrades. I'd allowed plenty of time for contingencies, turned out to be the right decision. Didn't mention it earlier because the final result was more than satisfactory, even with all the monkey motion involved. They even appreciated my sense of humor! (I write my forum signature on the eye mask)

Space Cat

Postby Space Cat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:27 pm

Also they have seat selection in Flash in 2016. Soon nobody will have it installed because browsers are purging it.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:22 am

Space Cat wrote:Also they have seat selection in Flash in 2016. Soon nobody will have it installed because browsers are purging it.

Flash and ASP has always been the hallmark of Chilean web designers. They are still stuck in web 1.542809592 and the schools in Chile don't know how to teach anything else. Most of the web designers in Chile, are really just unemployed "graphics designers".

Still they will spend a billion dollars on new airplanes, but but their web site is a mess. Which, is one of the reasons I hang on to their stock. If someone finally wakes up and realizes that all they need to do is fix the frigen website to realize 100x the revenue for the company, there is a potentially big upside. I am hoping the Brazilian management part of the company will point this out to the Chilean management part of the company. I keep hoping they will go throw a bit of cash at a silicone valley company or something to fix it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:00 pm

When LATAM will offer service as this one. https://youtu.be/2zH5o-pZ2CM?t=2

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:17 pm

More evidence towards the LCC concept.

LAN supposedly plans to do a large scale layoff over a period of time and switch over to mainly computer assisted passenger "service". This from my contact within LAN.

From my perspective, I can see LAN adopting the AA LAX-style of airport checkin. If anyone has flown AA in economy from LAX lately, you will know that it is now an area of many self-serve kiosks where you print your boarding pass and tag your own bags. Human-wise there are a handful of helpers to get the passengers up to speed on the new system and receive the bags onto the belt.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

papageno

Postby papageno » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:10 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:More evidence towards the LCC concept.

LAN supposedly plans to do a large scale layoff over a period of time and switch over to mainly computer assisted passenger "service". This from my contact within LAN.

From my perspective, I can see LAN adopting the AA LAX-style of airport checkin. If anyone has flown AA in economy from LAX lately, you will know that it is now an area of many self-serve kiosks where you print your boarding pass and tag your own bags. Human-wise there are a handful of helpers to get the passengers up to speed on the new system and receive the bags onto the belt.

Could be the layoff plan is already underway: Maybe they're calling it "Soylent Blue". (I've yet to see a LAN employee over 50 outside the US. No age discrimination laws in Peru or Chile?) Hey, 2022 is only 5 years away.

MJSaywell

Postby MJSaywell » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:13 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:More evidence towards the LCC concept.

Sounds like what Air New Zealand does there, all self service kiosks with one or two staff to assist. I second the useless website observation, it is beyond bad in 2016 to have a website so non user friendly. This is just a minor thing but you would think when you are booking inside of Chile in the drop down as soon as you pop in "Sa" then Santiago de Chile would appear as I imagine that's what 99 percent of people are looking for as opposed to bringing up San Diego San Antonio San Juan San Jose etc etc. also having all those holiday packages and crap on mobile site when a i want to do is pick a flight. I find it very sloppy and not well thought out and difficult to load sometimes. You would think they could do better and would have worked this out.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Layoffs - it began yesterday, my stepdaughter is virtually the only employee left at a LATAM ticket office in Santiago only because she is coming off of maternity leave and has 9 months to go before they can cut her loose. Customer support was already lacking on the ground so I can't see how this is a good thing unless you are a stockholder looking for a short term dividend.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:28 pm

So the purchase of 10% stake in Latam from its Arab Quatar air, will make Latam more valuable?

Return to “Travel in Chile”