LAN Will Have First Dreamliner Flights Into South America Starting July 2015

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: LAN Will Have First Dreamliner Flights Into South America Starting July 2015

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:26 am

It is how they order the configuration from the manufacturer. LAN, we already know crammed such a quantity of seats in that space that were narrower than in their 767s and 340s. We can expect the same or worse with US carriers. But if you can fly up front, should be awesome.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

papageno

Re: LAN Will Have First Dreamliner Flights Into South America Starting July 2015

Postby papageno » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:39 am

Space Cat wrote:
papageno wrote:--And now United is switching to 787's for the Houston/Santiago run. Bloody Hell. ..

What's up with 787's? We went via Houston and back a month ago and I didn't spot anything bad on United flights except for their boring sweet food.

A month ago? I returned to the Empire on 6/27 and it was on a 767. Oh well, it's over now anyway. Out of curiosity, I checked tomorrow's flight from Houston and it's a 787. On the other hand, with the 3/3/3 configuration there's at least an outside shot at grabbing 3 and curling up. .. in Economy Plus. Back in steerage, forget it.
If you haven't been following, the gripes center around windows that are sometimes misaligned to the seats, don't have blackout screens, and the seatpans are from Hell. LATAM'S anyway. I'll find out about UA and AA soon enough.

bazzasoft

Postby bazzasoft » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:34 am

Have you guys heard about this ?
Qatar Airways is expected to open a direct route from Dubai to Santiago, Chile, which would have a flight time of about 18 hours, 30 minutes. They’re also expected to operate a non-stop flight from Doha to Auckland. And Emirates has plans to hold onto its title with a long-haul flight from Dubai to Panama City. And last but not least, Singapore Airlines is considering opening nearly 19-hour direct service between Singapore and New York City some time next year.

Source – http://www.travelandleisure.com

Sorry if you already knew, I haven't been watching this thread for a while.
Baz

eeuunikkeiexpat

Just flew an AA 787 in steerage

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Just flew an AA 787 SCL-DFW in steerage.

Comfort, felt just like any other past 767 flight except for the individual entertainment system and new interior. Dinner choice, pasta or chicken and the chicken dinner tray was not bad at all. Employees from checkin to onboard crew good with no incidents of surliness.

Will probably be doing LAN 787 SCL-LAX early next year to compare.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

papageno

Postby papageno » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Serendipitous discovery: Bose noise-cancelling headphones, which I take on every flight, also shut out the racket from a noisy room air conditioner! From now on they'll go with me on road trips too.

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Motorola blue tooth flex HD 11 the best noise cancelling while flying. Enjoy music from hundreds of music in my iphone through my flex HD 11 unit, take a couple of them with you. Cheap at US$59 bucks a piece, it will play up to 5 hours +. So for the entire trip, always bring couple pairs and always asked abroad if willing to sell them!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... lsrc=aw.ds
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

bazzasoft

Postby bazzasoft » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:56 pm

The first London to Santiago direct flight has already happened, departed Heathrow 50 minutes late, arrived SCL 47 minutes late after 14+ hour flight.
Can't be bad, avoiding that dreadful airport at Sao Paulo and must be cheaper for BA not having to pay their landing fees there. Looking forward to hearing experiences. Flight is with Dreamliner 787-9.
:shock:

eeuunikkeiexpat

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Just read an article today and discovered the Dreamliner is the only airliner that takes 100% outside air for the cabin air. All the others do a 50/50 recirculated mix.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

jehturner

Postby jehturner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:51 pm

Yep, parents & inlaws both due in on that service in the next few weeks...

El Ping

Postby El Ping » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:10 am

Five LATAM Nightmareliner flights Auk/Stiago ( 3 one way.. 2 the other ) in 2016. One in row 12 ( the bassinet / bulkhead row ) the rest all about 18/20 .. all aisle seats.
Horrible horrible horrible...used to do about the same number each year in the A340s... a far more comfortable aircraft.

The inability to sleep did let me set a new record recently.... 5 movies in one flight :)

Space Cat

Postby Space Cat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:Just read an article today and discovered the Dreamliner is the only airliner that takes 100% outside air for the cabin air. All the others do a 50/50 recirculated mix.

It also keeps higher humidity in cabin and gets air in a new way so there's no engine smell before the flight.

papageno

Postby papageno » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:08 am

El Ping wrote:Five LATAM Nightmareliner flights Auk/Stiago ( 3 one way.. 2 the other ) in 2016. One in row 12 ( the bassinet / bulkhead row ) the rest all about 18/20 .. all aisle seats.
Horrible horrible horrible...used to do about the same number each year in the A340s... a far more comfortable aircraft.

The inability to sleep did let me set a new record recently.... 5 movies in one flight :)

Hey, with free Scotch and their fairly good audio/video system, who needs sleep? :mrgreen: Even so, on my next flight I'll bring a supplemental seat cushion (soft pistol case), maybe it'll help.

Return to “Travel in Chile”