LAN Will Have First Dreamliner Flights Into South America Starting July 2015

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
David_Bro

LAN Will Have First Dreamliner Flights Into South America Starting July 2015

Postby David_Bro » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:41 pm

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/airline ... liner.html

Lan will start with direct flights from JFK non stop to Santiago with Boeings Dreamliner in July----Over 300 passengers, 40 % bigger windows that also include a dimming feature---larger overhead and a lower in cabin pressure designed in so it will be less headaches----

LAN 533 will depart JFK at 8 pm daily arriving in Santiago at 6:20 am the following day

###

HybridAmbassador

Re: LAN Will Have First Dreamliner Flights Into South America Starting July 2015

Postby HybridAmbassador » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Really ? LAN flys 787 daily from L.A. to SA for some time already.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: LAN Will Have First Dreamliner Flights Into South America Starting July 2015

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Title is very misleading, should be the first to do JFK to South America on a 787 but JFK is the center of the universe (just to be an equal oppurtuniy pisser offer :mrgreen: ).

Anyone here fly them in coach yet? The reports indicate the seats are narrower than the 767s.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

passport

Postby passport » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:19 am

Just got back this week SCL > JFK. Thought it was a Dreamliner. Seat very narrow and little space in front of the passenger. I am only 5'7" and I felt crunched. Another annoyance- arm rests no longer lift up for easy entrance/exit.

Donnybrook

Postby Donnybrook » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Does the economy section have blue lighting in the ceiling and nifty seat back screen with a charger?

passport

Postby passport » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Yes the plane I was on did have all those nice things.

Donnybrook

Postby Donnybrook » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:39 pm

My DS got one of those planes with American on a flight from California to here last year and loved it. He never got one again, but maybe AA is going to use them on flights to Chile. The seat width didn't bother him as he is very thin.

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:04 pm

787 seat arrangement. Can fill up to 300 tiny seats and its deployment could be applied to SA bound airliners.
Japanese carriers opts for up to 186 passengers so to give each passenger a better seating space.Then it seems that some or majority parts of world airlines fills its cabin up to the brim.!

Read a pilot's perspective blogging aboard Japan bound 787 dreamliner.

Boeing’s new jetliner is quiet, sleek, and comfortable. Now, if they could please fix the windows…

Though it can hold up to 300 passengers, JAL uses a roomy, two-class layout, with extended legroom in economy, for a total of only 186 seats — about 20 fewer than the average 767.
http://www.askthepilot.com/787/
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

FrankPintor

Postby FrankPintor » Thu May 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Well, I'm not sure how many 787's LAN have, but one of them had roast chicken for breakfast yesterday so it's out of action for a while... indigestion I suppose :-)

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4863420c&opt=0

May 12, day before yesterday actually, sorry.
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

Dosedmonkey

Postby Dosedmonkey » Thu May 14, 2015 5:35 pm

Been flying SCL to Madrid for over a year.

The 787 seemed to have close equal width I thought and more head room when standing, but the leg room is less, as when seat reclines my knees slam in to the seat in front.

They are ordering the new design longer 787 I believe too.

I need the leg room, but the rest is great. The Windows are huge.

Donnybrook

Postby Donnybrook » Thu May 14, 2015 10:04 pm

FrankPintor wrote:Well, I'm not sure how many 787's LAN have, but one of them had roast chicken for breakfast yesterday so it's out of action for a while... indigestion I suppose :-)

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4863420c&opt=0

May 12, day before yesterday actually, sorry.

Wow, I have never seen photos of the result of colliding with a flock of birds. Very impressive.

jamie_m

Postby jamie_m » Fri May 15, 2015 12:00 am

i like this comment i pimched and put below. really does make you wonder after being in this country for a while and seeing, well seeing what we all see everyday. just paint straight over them, no es impotante!

Maint
By Nigel on Thursday, May 14th 2015 17:44Z

Will it be repaired by LAN technical team? Then certainly not a plane I'd choose to fly with

Return to “Travel in Chile”