GRINGOS REGISTER YOUR PROPERTY!!!!!

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
wiscondinavian

Re: GRINGOS REGISTER YOUR PROPERTY!!!!!

Postby wiscondinavian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:29 am

oops double post

wiscondinavian

Postby wiscondinavian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:30 am

admin wrote:That has to be the most useless troll post on this forum.

Did you bother to read what this forum is about?

It's for foreigners!!!!!!!!!

They dont have mortgages.

I want a mortgage. :(

Actually, I'd like to pay for an apartment in cash, but that's a lot less likely.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:53 pm

I should have left the post. It was the most ridiculous bunch of bs about the banks registering your property and doing the title search when you apply for a mortgage. The other post of the user was also about getting loans. Decided not to wait for the spam links to appear. Smelled like a Chilean real estate agent that was gearing up to sell "help" to gringos on the forum, and did not even understand the most fundamental problems foreigners have in Chile (i.e. no residency, no bank account, no credit history, no mortgages). So, yea, that would have been very helpful to a foreigner just arriving in Chile for the first time, and is exactly the sort of "help" that get's gringos in to all sorts of trouble.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:14 pm

pedrots wrote:Hi, I just registered and want to add that the property is not really yourd until you have registered it under your name in the Conservador de Bienes Raices. Each city has one, so this is not centralized.

Also, you MUST do a title study to know that the property is clear, has no debt, is it not pending a divorce settlement, etc. This is done by a lawyer.

For all that matters, banks who loan a mortgage don't pay a dime to the seller until the property has been registered at the Conservador under the buyer's name.

The easiest way to buy a property is to do it with the help of a broker (corredora de propiedades), bigger ones may be better. 2% commission is the norm (2% plus VAT). They help you with the process and you should demand every bit of help you need as you are paying a lot of money for their services.

You know, I am not going to ban you, YET. Your posts are somewhere between troll, repeating what the other threads have already said, and just really wrong. Your going to need to prove pretty fast you are real person, and not a spammer. Come back with anything less than something real, and your account will be banned.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

pedrot

Postby pedrot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:15 am

admin wrote:
pedrots wrote:Hi, I just registered and want to add that the property is not really yours until you have registered it under your name in the Conservador de Bienes Raices. Each city has one, so this is not centralized.

Also, you MUST do a title study to know that the property is clear, has no debt, is it not pending a divorce settlement, etc. This is done by a lawyer.

For all that matters, banks who loan a mortgage don't pay a dime to the seller until the property has been registered at the Conservador under the buyer's name.

The easiest way to buy a property is to do it with the help of a broker (corredora de propiedades), bigger ones may be better. 2% commission is the norm (2% plus VAT). They help you with the process and you should demand every bit of help you need as you are paying a lot of money for their services.

You know, I am not going to ban you, YET. Your posts are somewhere between troll, repeating what the other threads have already said, and just really wrong. Your going to need to prove pretty fast you are real person, and not a spammer. Come back with anything less than something real, and your account will be banned.

Um, just trying to help here. Well you didn't even give me time to prove myself, as you said, because you outright banned me (had to register again to reply).

Can you point out which part of what I said was a lie/wrong?

I didn't recommend no one, just said work with corredores because it is easier. Choose anyone you like.

If you don't want chileans come here and help expats/foreigners please just shut down new registrations.

Best regards.

Pedro.

Return to “Chile Real Estate, Property, and Construction”