Lots for sale

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
MJSaywell

Re: Lots for sale

Postby MJSaywell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:32 pm

No with the traditional Alerce Tejuelas recyced instead of the siding Ill try find a photo I think that's why is price seems high, he is aiming it at those that those that don't want to deal with maestros and want something that doesn't look prefab. I'll find out on the launch on the cruise around the lake in a few weeks

MJSaywell

Postby MJSaywell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:33 pm

at46 wrote:What would be an approximate per meter cost of building a 120-150 sq. m. house with a two car garage using your builders?

Between 50 and 60 million pesos

MJSaywell

Postby MJSaywell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:34 pm

Per metre aprox 400000

MJSaywell

Postby MJSaywell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:35 pm

passport wrote:Yeah, can the prefab co provide any photos/sketches/plans for consideration?

They are officially lauching later this month so then I'll have some more information.

MJSaywell

Postby MJSaywell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:36 pm

bobserb wrote:
MJSaywell wrote:I've been talking to a guy who is starting up a prefab modular house building company with another architect , aprox 40 million pesos and ability to pay off over 36 payments is what they are asking for a 70 sqm house , Llave en mano as they say or turnkey. Done in traditional German style architecture that is common around the region. Sounds kind of expensive compared or what do others think?

Half of that is their profit.If you find a good maestro ,buy material by yourself ,it would cost you less than 20 million.You want to buy the best quality material,you don't want them to buy for you.My personal experience.

Good advice

matt4prat

Postby matt4prat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Where is the lot located?

Do you have any pictures?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:12 pm

MJSaywell wrote:No with the traditional Alerce Tejuelas recyced instead of the siding Ill try find a photo I think that's why is price seems high, he is aiming it at those that those that don't want to deal with maestros and want something that doesn't look prefab. I'll find out on the launch on the cruise around the lake in a few weeks

Actually, that would qualify as covered in gold. The only reason real recycled alerce shingles are not higher priced, is because of all the illegal "recycling" that goes on.

We appraised a resort lodge in the Patagonia back a few years ago for a client. It had about half of it's buildings fully built out of legal, licensed alerce, along with some original structures that pre-dated the law barring the harvest of alerce, and the price of the buildings was easy another 400% just in the value of the alerce in the buildings (i.e. vs a all pine equivalent). It was worth buying the buildings, just to tear them down for their alerce and replace them with pino.

Sadly, that same property, couple hundred hectares, that was once covered in alerce trees, only had about a dozen left. Most of those were in some stage of death from people messing with them, and had not been cut down because they were too remote to get to on the top of cliffs.

Now, that said, exactly due to the amount of illegal logging that still goes on for alerce, I would never touch anything alerce unless I sourced it myself. Even with the goverment certifications of the source, because that is too easy to fake / get around. I for instance might buy an existing building and recover the alerce for a special project, but I don't think I would ever just go buy alerce shingles or lumber from anyone, with or without the paperwork. The enforcement is too lax, and the number of real alerce trees are too few and far between.

Outside of Pumalin, there are so few Alerce trees that are not already dying (people have stripped the bark), it is kind of like messing around with buying "legal" ivory (i.e. pre-ban ivory). Would you build a house made out of "legal" ivory, then spend the rest of your days wondering where it really came from?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

MJSaywell

Postby MJSaywell » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 pm

The Lots I originally posted about sold this week, I let them go for a little cheaper, but it will enable me to bring forward the water and electric connections plans for the parcelas already sold and for the next 13. and finish our house there :D
The next stage has some great views of the volcano Osorno and Calbuco and you can see Tronador as well, most of the parcelas also have some nice native trees on them (not huge trees, 5 to 10 metres, it was cleared for firewood in the 80s I was told, and this is regrowth), the parcela with the most trees is about 30 percent surface area , there are a couple that dont have any trees and are just grass, all are flat. Its 10 minutes drive (13km) from the town of Llanquihue and 20minutes to Puerto Varas, no crappy rural washboard roads here, its paved all the way to the gate.
The ones with good views will be 25 million, the ones in the next row back will be 20, with only slight views but still very nice. I would rather take a reduction in price in these early stages to enable people to start building sooner rather than later, as a guy from round the other side of the lake who came to look the other day said, "its hard to pay 60 million for a parcela then build a good nice house on it anytime soon". We are building and living there too I dont want empty lots all around the place, and just growing long grass and weeds. Underground electricity coonections too, by the way, turns out its nearly three times as much as aerial but I have seen so many loteos that look like crap with all those posts and cables in front of the views.

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Hmmm, lots of 5000m2, paved road leading to them, water and electricity soon to be implemented, for mere $25 Million Pesos, thinking very competitively priced.

I'm wondering how much-Gloria San paid for her facing the highway flatland one hectare? When I seen the circled 1 hectare land there, it was pretty large parcela to me. So 1/2 of hectare, is pretty good size for a house to be erected within.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Yea just wait until you have to mow 5000+ square meters.

Hope matt held on to the tractor and hay bailer. There is a whole side biz in just keeping the grass in check.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Postby Gloria » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:11 pm

admin wrote:Yea just wait until you have to mow 5000+ square meters.

sheep.jpg
sheep.jpg (8.48 KiB) Viewed 59 times
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

john

Postby john » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Gloria wrote:
admin wrote:Yea just wait until you have to mow 5000+ square meters.

sheep.jpg

:)
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

Return to “Chile Real Estate, Property, and Construction”