Can foriegners without Bank Accounts in Chile buy Real Estate?

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
Gloria

Re: Can foriegners without Bank Accounts in Chile buy Real Estate?

Postby Gloria » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:54 pm

john wrote:
admin wrote:
Gloria wrote:Don't get discouraged because all situations are not created equal. Our transaction was smooth as silk. It was my very first time ever buying real estate with no experience whatsoever in the subject !( so I need to put this one in my Facebook page :lol: ) No lawyer, no running around, all the paperwork was checked and double checked with calm, a personal check with the amount was given, bank was around the corner and cashed by the seller, registered the property in 10 mins, paid the realtor his commission and kiss him goodbye! So there is hope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

I've no doubt that Gloria (but only Gloria) could repeat her real estate experience 26 times in a row. :wink:

:thumright: :thumleft:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Gloria wrote:
admin wrote:
Gloria wrote:Don't get discouraged because all situations are not created equal. Our transaction was smooth as silk. It was my very first time ever buying real estate with no experience whatsoever in the subject !( so I need to put this one in my Facebook page :lol: ) No lawyer, no running around, all the paperwork was checked and double checked with calm, a personal check with the amount was given, bank was around the corner and cashed by the seller, registered the property in 10 mins, paid the realtor his commission and kiss him goodbye! So there is hope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

Nah! it was a lot of work on my part as well. I read, investigate and asked many questions. In other words I prepared myself. Things don´t come to me on a silver platter...ever. I have to work hard for whatever I accomplish in this life and in some instances the stars are aligned in my favor.
You need to remember that.....
1) I'm a certified, bonafide and qualified citizen.
2) I speak, read and write fluently Spanish and Chilean dialect.
3) I'm charming when I need to be and straight forward.
4) And most of all I have lots of wisdom!

I'm so lucky to know you. I will hire you whenever I will be buying a property ( land ) there in Chilitolandia, with your
knowledge in how to handle things fast and proper with a confidence of no fear..!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:56 pm

yea, I would not want to mess with Gloria either.

PDT_Armataz_01_40
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

georgem

Postby georgem » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Thank you very much for all your replies. The murkiness of the banking process now makes sense!

I think there are nice properties available for $40K or less with 5,000m2 in very desirable areas, but I guess that depends on your idea of desirable. For me that's surfing. The other challenge is find good maestros to build the house, which can be 100 million or more, unless you do it yourself.

This forum is very helpful. Thank you for all your inputs!

George

HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:28 pm

georgem wrote:Thank you very much for all your replies. The murkiness of the banking process now makes sense!

I think there are nice properties available for $40K or less with 5,000m2 in very desirable areas, but I guess that depends on your idea of desirable. For me that's surfing. The other challenge is find good maestros to build the house, which can be 100 million or more, unless you do it yourself.

This forum is very helpful. Thank you for all your inputs!

George

$40K for 5,000m2 piece of land

George, thought you buying much more hectares of land but 1/2 of hectare, surely can be had for less than US$40K depending where you are buying. But I hear the Maestros of Chilitolandia, take your money and disappear ! So you better pay them by the portion of house built..Ask admin for much detailed process.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Return to “Chile Real Estate, Property, and Construction”