Chilexpress delivery notices

General topics related to Living in Chile
thisisreallycomplicated

Chilexpress delivery notices

Postby thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:37 pm

Does anyone know what happens after Chilexpress makes 2 delivery attempts, when you're not home? Will they return the letter or package to the sender immediately? Or will they keep it at their office for a few days, so you can pick it up? Thanks.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

RuneTheChookcha

Re: Chilexpress delivery notices

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:00 pm

They seem to state they would return, in the FAQ.

However, they used to be relatively easy to reach, and more or less quick to respond to their web inquiries. In the past, at least.

9. ¿Cuántos intentos de entrega en el domicilio realiza Chilexpress, antes de devolver un envío al remitente?

Chilexpress realiza dos intentos de entrega en el domicilio, en dos días hábiles y horarios distintos, los que son notificados al destinatario. Si no se puede efectuar la entrega, el envío será devuelto al remitente.

http://www.chilexpress.cl/Views/Servici ... aspx?cod=2

thisisreallycomplicated

Postby thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:27 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:They seem to state they would return, in the FAQ.

However, they used to be relatively easy to reach, and more or less quick to respond to their web inquiries. In the past, at least.

9. ¿Cuántos intentos de entrega en el domicilio realiza Chilexpress, antes de devolver un envío al remitente?

Chilexpress realiza dos intentos de entrega en el domicilio, en dos días hábiles y horarios distintos, los que son notificados al destinatario. Si no se puede efectuar la entrega, el envío será devuelto al remitente.

http://www.chilexpress.cl/Views/Servici ... aspx?cod=2

I saw that one, but I also saw this one:

2. ¿Cuál es el plazo para retirar un envío en una sucursal de Chilexpress?
El destinatario tiene un plazo de 5 días hábiles para retirar el envío. Una vez finalizado ese plazo, el envío será devuelto al remitente.

And I'm not sure if #2 applies to stuff they already tried to deliver, or if those get returned immediately. I'm translating these with google, so the way I'm reading it may not right.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Postby thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:43 pm

The tracking says "Pieza en devolución al remitente", so I just emailed them. I wish I at least knew who sent it:(

RuneTheChookcha

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:49 pm

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:I saw that one, but I also saw this one:

2. ¿Cuál es el plazo para retirar un envío en una sucursal de Chilexpress?
El destinatario tiene un plazo de 5 días hábiles para retirar el envío. Una vez finalizado ese plazo, el envío será devuelto al remitente.

And I'm not sure if #2 applies to stuff they already tried to deliver, or if those get returned immediately. I'm translating these with google, so the way I'm reading it may not right.

They have the option to send packages to their offices directly, in case the receiver is either living out of their reach, or for various other reasons. Most probably, the 5-day waiting applies in this case.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:37 am

IME, it varies. Sometimes it's back to the sender after two attempts, other times it sits at the nearest office for a couple of more days which so far for me has resulted in the recipient going there to receive it.

That is why they NEED a valid address for the sender as that is where they will be kicking it back to if not delivered.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

thisisreallycomplicated

Postby thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:07 am

So it sounds like it might still be at their office (wherever that is). Hopefully they'll email me back tomorrow, and let me know if I can pick it up, and where. Or at least tell me who sent it. It was sent just after I got a package from Fedex, so it might be from Aduanas or SAG, since I didn't have to pay anything when the package was delivered. And I was expecting to pay at least about $300.

thisisreallycomplicated

Postby thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:21 am

They emailed back, and said it's still at their office. So I hope they keep it there, until I can get there.

Return to “Living in Chile”