Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 60 (1985) for sale, 6000US$

Postby maniq » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 am

Dear Travelers
we sell our beloved "surf"Land Cruiser in Chile/Pichilemu.
The truck has Californian plates. I can sell it only to tourists. Sorry, Chilenos make no sense to pay the import tax to registered it here.
We drove the truck in 2 years all the way down. It's still in a good condition. In Bolivia, where labor is cheap, we changed all breaks and seals (front wheels) in a "swiss" garage. Worked on some rust issues and changed some gaskets and seals. The flying wheel we changed in Ecuador and tires complete in Peru.
If you flip the backseat, you can slide a plywood from the back where you easy and confi sleep on it ( ca. 1,9 x 1,4 x 0,65 ( space to ceiling))
Under fits perfect 2 big boxes and you still have a lot of space.
The truck comes with a big roof rack, heaps of camping stuff, canister, tent, blanket, gas bottle, stove, tools and repair kit, spare tire and parts, etc.
It's the perfect truck for South America. It brings you every where!
It takes fuel, no diesel , and is a manual.
Please, write me for more infos and photos. maniq@ojooo.com
Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year!
maniq

Re: Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 60 (1985) for sale, 6000US$

Postby HybridAmbassador » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:29 pm

ratbert wrote:
maniq wrote:Dear Travelers
we sell our beloved "surf"Land Cruiser in Chile/Pichilemu.
The truck has Californian plates. I can sell it only to tourists. Sorry, Chilenos make no sense to pay the import tax to registered it here.

Unless you sell a vehicle to someone who will import it via a zona franca, in which case permanent residents of those regions may be interested. Sometimes they (Aduanas) don't allow such old vehicles to be imported via Zonas Francas.

I spend a lot of time and km in an FJ 60 in the Middle East. Yours is a bit old but some of the older Toyotas hold up OK. There are some fans of old Land Cruisers here who don't mind the terrible fuel economy* and difficulty in finding old-model parts in Chile so you might find one of them.

* around 8-10 miles per US gallon, in US units; about 3-4 km/litre

Here in the USoA, a FJ60 original Gas Motor has been swapped for a Turbo-Diesels, and it sells for around US$6000.00.
If yours is in a Rust-Bucket condition, asking price of US$6k is a little too steep to my thinking.? Where and how did you arrive to that figure?
Last edited by HybridAmbassador on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HybridAmbassador.
AKA in the States as, Rickey-San!
HybridAmbassador

Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Circa NAPA Wine Region ,Northern CA

Postby maniq » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Hola Amigos,
actually I don't like to have a discussion with someone who isn't interested in to buy our truck.
Anyway, the fuel consumption is in the average 6 km per 1 liter or 14 miles per gallon or 17 l per 100 km.
This is with a roof rack on top not bad. If you drive long distances it's getting better and this what the truck is for.
I bought the car 2 years ago in the bay area and worked 3 1/2 weeks on it with the knowledge from a garage to fix it proper for our road trip.
With changes all hoses, some gaskets, lots of small parts and build a bed in we payed around 8500 us$. During our trip and 2 month ago in Bolivia where we did a lot on the truck we put in more than 4000 us$.
Our Land Cruiser comes furthermore with heaps of extras and camping stuff.
This is why we asked for 6000us$ with a clear conscience.
And I doubt that they sell this Toyotas with a swapped diesel engine for 6000us$. It was hard to find our car 2 years ago. For this trucks in a good condition in the San Francisco Bay Area you payed at least 10000us$.
Happy new year to everybody and lots of love.
maniq

Postby El pescado » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:18 pm

asking price of US$6k is a little too steep to my thinking.?

How well have you thought about the used auto prices in Chile HybridAmbo? You might want to do some research on what the market value is here before you think. Have you ever bought or sold a vehicle here in Chile? I have seen TLC bring top dollar down here. I had an 1981 that I sold back in 2009 for $4000usd and that was with a blown head gasket.
El pescado

Postby HybridAmbassador » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:46 pm

ratbert wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Rust-Bucket

H-A, you do indeed know your Toyotas.

Let's just say that those years FJ 60s were rust prone.

I wonder if he ever fixed the steering on this vehicle? I remember that the power steering was puking fluid.

Reminds me of the guy who tried to sell a Toyota pickup of the same vintage on this forum a few years ago. We looked up his web page and found pictures of it under water, being towed, and similar.

Yeap, I know all aspects of making a Toyota/Lexus vehicle ready for the world-wide market.
Especially for NA market. We did not started using the Cathodic electrodeposition painting method for
under carriage and frames till late 1988~1989 ? Anyways, circa abouts.Thus 1st thing came to mind is very rusted..
the OP has stated that rust-proofing-cleaning has done some where in SA. So to use My phrases as: If Rust Bucket:
No offense intended although.
Iam more curious as to why is he adhering to that "Firm" US$6 Grand? In another thread he said the same, I want $6k
and very curious as to how he is basing the value of his LCruiser which He does not even mention "How many miles on it,the very basic info you have to provide when selling a vehicle, Make,Series,Year,Miles,motors etc. etc..
HybridAmbassador.
HybridAmbassador

Postby HybridAmbassador » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:59 pm

El pescado wrote:
asking price of US$6k is a little too steep to my thinking.?

How well have you thought about the used auto prices in Chile HybridAmbo? You might want to do some research on what the market value is here before you think. Have you ever bought or sold a vehicle here in Chile? I have seen TLC bring top dollar down here. I had an 1981 that I sold back in 2009 for $4000usd and that was with a blown head gasket.

El Pescado-San, The story I read from Charles-san, when he was contemplating an Auto buying ordeal. Go for a brand new or settle for an Used one, He chose an Used one cause He concluded that the used vehicle has lost its value by A Ton..
So please Used car market in Chile is astronomically high..I won't buy that, on top vehicle with with lots of rust on it.
Please do not change my Pen Name, not hybrid Ambo please.I wouldn't change your name or call you otherwise.
A 1981 model Toyota you sold for US$4000 and not running on top! Men, you are a such good salesman!
Now Iam not too sure if to commision my future House building to you. I might be taken for a ride! Beware of
the smooth talkin' Salesman that can sell an 81 Toyota with a blown head gasket for a mere US$4k!..My hats off to you.!
I know that the Toyotas here stateside enjoys such a reputation of holding its value, but yours is the bestest!
HybridAmbassador.
HybridAmbassador

Postby frozen-north » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:25 pm

HybridAmbassador :

'Iam more curious as to why is he adhering to that "Firm" US$6 Grand? In another thread he said the same, I want $6k and very curious as to how he is basing the value of his LCruiser which He does not even mention "How many miles on it,the very basic info you have to provide when selling a vehicle, Make,Series,Year,Miles,motors etc. etc..'

maniq :

'actually I don't like to have a discussion with someone who isn't interested in to buy our truck.'

A tough seller.
frozen-north

Postby HybridAmbassador » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 pm

frozen-north wrote:HybridAmbassador :

'Iam more curious as to why is he adhering to that "Firm" US$6 Grand? In another thread he said the same, I want $6k and very curious as to how he is basing the value of his LCruiser which He does not even mention "How many miles on it,the very basic info you have to provide when selling a vehicle, Make,Series,Year,Miles,motors etc. etc..'

maniq :

'actually I don't like to have a discussion with someone who isn't interested in to buy our truck.'

A tough seller.

frozen-north, if you are the OP and its seller. Why are you refuting to disclose to the forum, as to my question: what are you basing the value of your Land Cruiser? At US$6k? This question is not too difficult to answer is it?
I might not be the Buyer for your Truck but I might know a SA Overlander-Nomad or two, whom may be interested in buying your LC for their use...IF you can post your LC's VIN for me so I can look it out in our Toyota Data Base, a starting point in order to perhaps helping you selling it.?
HybridAmbassador.
HybridAmbassador

Postby frozen-north » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:28 pm

HybridAmbassador :

'frozen-north, if you are the OP and its seller.'

No, I am not the seller. It is just that I am also used to have some more information available before I consider contacting the seller.
frozen-north

Postby HybridAmbassador » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:46 pm

ratbert wrote:Ein kleiner Vogel erzählte mir.... that this vehicle traveled through the highly corrosive atmosphere of the salt pans at Salar de Uyuni and Salar de Coipasa in Bolivia. Which would further reinforce the perception that there is a considerable risk of rust.

Aha, its age and unknown mileage,the OP for some reason does not post its current mileage, I wonder why?
on top traversing through Uyuni+Coipasa salt lakes then aggravates even further the already apparent rust condition that might be on the vehicle already. Perhaps, the OP should get ahold of Patagoniax, he may be able to purchase it from the OP..But he doesn't want to discuss nothing if not bitting for sure to buy his 85 Land Crusher right now?
HybridAmbassador.
HybridAmbassador

Postby maniq » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 pm

the truck is sold :P
maniq

Postby weston881 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 pm

ON a related note...does anyone know of an instance where a vehicle was purchased using MercadoLibre/MercadoPago? I found a smoking deal on a Nissan from a Chilean who lives in the UK now. Problem is I can't see the vehicle until I pay MercadoPago and then they provide the paperwork and keys and I have 5 days to "test" drive with possibility of full refund.

I have purchased vehicles off of Ebay with great success and am thinking that if Mercado is guaranteeing return of my money then what is there to lose. On the other hand the "latin effect" has me somewhat concerned, you know promises that aren't kept.

Any experiences to share?
weston881

Next

Return to Travel in Chile