Re: US NEWS & World Report Calls Chile No. 10

Postby scaron » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:51 pm

They seem to be grouped by continent and not in any specific order other than calling Panama "the top retirement haven". I don't think Chile could reasonably be ranked beneath Mexico.
scaron

Postby zaebis » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:10 pm

patagoniax wrote:

It should say "Patagonia sin repisas". Must be typo...
Arica siempre Arica...
zaebis

Postby unacarola » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:24 am

Are you talking about the OECD better life index? I was surprised to see Chile in the list, the only country in Latin America to make the cut... The Index takes into consideration housing, income, jobs, community, environment, health, life satisfaction, safety and work/life balance. It was appalling to see that the mark was almost nonexistent of the ENVIRONMENT Issue. I can see how you can have a better life with a limited income, but not how you can have a better life with not much done in conserving the environment for the future generations. It was sad to see. Sadder even that the environment hardly plays a role in what the OECD determines as 'better life'!
unacarola

Postby admin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:59 am

unacarola wrote:Are you talking about the OECD better life index? I was surprised to see Chile in the list, the only country in Latin America to make the cut... The Index takes into consideration housing, income, jobs, community, environment, health, life satisfaction, safety and work/life balance. It was appalling to see that the mark was almost nonexistent of the ENVIRONMENT Issue. I can see how you can have a better life with a limited income, but not how you can have a better life with not much done in conserving the environment for the future generations. It was sad to see. Sadder even that the environment hardly plays a role in what the OECD determines as 'better life'!

From everything I have seen, the OECD is really in the international tax collection biz. I use to get their press releases. For every 1 release that had something to do with improving the life of the citizens in the OECD states, there was like 100 on why this country or that country (not even members of the OECD) needed to improve their tax collection enforcement for OECD members.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: http://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-470-9653, in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Living in Chile