Re: Teaching english

Postby cosmodyseeus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 pm

nwdiver wrote:
cosmodyseeus wrote:Someone told me you don't need to know much spanish to speak english in South America is this true?

As pointed out in the Elqui Valley the towns are very small and many of the occupants already speak English of some form or other and the rest can’t afford lessons so they just hang around English speakers learning the language by osmosis. The first town of any size is La Serena on the coast.

I’m up there early next week looking at a vineyard. I’ll let you know what’s happening, our winegrower lives in the valley.

Yes please any information on La Serena the better especially about yes, jobs, but also the layout, and the surrounding countryside if such exists and pretty much whatever you got, thank you
cosmodyseeus

Re: Teaching english

Postby nwdiver » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:50 am

cosmodyseeus wrote:
nwdiver wrote:
cosmodyseeus wrote:Someone told me you don't need to know much spanish to speak english in South America is this true?

As pointed out in the Elqui Valley the towns are very small and many of the occupants already speak English of some form or other and the rest can’t afford lessons so they just hang around English speakers learning the language by osmosis. The first town of any size is La Serena on the coast.

I’m up there early next week looking at a vineyard. I’ll let you know what’s happening, our winegrower lives in the valley.

Yes please any information on La Serena the better especially about yes, jobs, but also the layout, and the surrounding countryside if such exists and pretty much whatever you got, thank you

Google Earth will show you the strip of green in the middle of all the shades of brown.
It's all about the wine.
http://chilecopadevino.com/
nwdiver

Previous

Return to Jobs in Chile and Work Related Issues in Chile