Re: Is it hard to find work in Chile for dual citizens?

Postby nwdiver » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 pm

ColoColo,

Not sure Chile is for you.

If you have relatives from the right side of the spectrum they will probably disown you.
It's all about the wine.
http://chilecopadevino.com/
nwdiver

Postby ColoColoUSA » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 pm

patagoniax wrote:.
I don't know when I have ever enjoyed a thread as much as this one.

colacola: Are you familiar with the American expression "wrestling with pigs"?

Yeah, you're getting me all dirty and liking it.
ColoColoUSA

Postby ColoColoUSA » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:45 pm

nwdiver wrote:ColoColo,

Not sure Chile is for you.

If you have relatives from the right side of the spectrum they will probably disown you.

Care to elaborate?
ColoColoUSA

Postby ColoColoUSA » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:09 pm

The elitism among expats is astounding. I knew Chile was a heavily class based society but good grief!

Anyways, Camila is a gorgeous commie. I would be thrilled to be part of a union with her. :P
ColoColoUSA

what's in a name?

Postby Andres » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:52 pm

zer0nz wrote:haha, colocolo is a football team in chile.... http://www.colocolo.cl/

I know that, but I was not assuming that is why the name was chosen. Besides, the team got the name from somewhere!
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
Andres

Postby john » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 am

Px,

I find it curious that you are holding ColoColo to a higher standard of orthography than is the norm for this forum. :o :shock: :?
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell
john

Postby ColoColoUSA » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:00 am

We'll let her know of your interests.

Don't toy with me now. :P
ColoColoUSA

Postby Fugger » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:10 am

ColoColoUSA wrote:
I will stick to my view that there are other factors rather than inequality which determine crime rates more meaningfully.

Essentially, what other factors could contribute to such high crime rates besides income inequality?

The culture of envy? Rampant drug use? Lack of education?

Please, the measures listed are not going to meet your presupposed conclusions. You're already presupposing that the system itself is not flawed and therefore the problems lies with "personal responsibility".

What a thread. You blink and another 50 postings.

Look I'm a data driven guy (I have a background in theoretical physics, but ended up on the dark side of finance). Provide me with the data, we'll do the analysis and then we draw the conclusion.

No point in trying to find other links or explanations. I believe that there is a human tendency anyway to identify too many causal relationships, where there is just randomness.
1531 pacta sunt servanda
Fugger

Postby john » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:34 pm

patagoniax wrote:
Fugger wrote:

I'm telling you, Nescafé is truly at the root of all this evil. The sooner the Chileans learn to make and drink good, fresh-ground coffee, the sooner we can expect a tapering off of the crime rates. So long as there is Nescafé, there will be darkness, plague, hunger, and variations in PSU test scores from one student to another.

You may be on to something! :wink: Another study worth undertaking would be on the coffee drinking habits of the controlling 2,000 families plus the wannabes in Las Condes and Vitacura. :roll: My guess is that at least half of them drink Nescafe. :twisted:
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell
john

Postby nwdiver » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:07 pm

john wrote:
patagoniax wrote:
Fugger wrote:

I'm telling you, Nescafé is truly at the root of all this evil. The sooner the Chileans learn to make and drink good, fresh-ground coffee, the sooner we can expect a tapering off of the crime rates. So long as there is Nescafé, there will be darkness, plague, hunger, and variations in PSU test scores from one student to another.

You may be on to something! :wink: Another study worth undertaking would be on the coffee drinking habits of the controlling 2,000 families plus the wannabes in Las Condes and Vitacura. :roll: My guess is that at least half of them drink Nescafe. :twisted:

John,

Sad but true, after dinner last night at the table of the Matriarch of one of those families we had a great med roast Colombian coffee, it was pointed out that it was in my honour we had cafe cafe. She forgets I don’t drink coffee after noon but the thought was there. After a very good 5 course meal and great wine, there would have been instant coffee, at least in my many years here I see I have changed some palates a bit.
It's all about the wine.
http://chilecopadevino.com/
nwdiver

Postby ColoColoUSA » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:18 pm

A rich kid or rich people committing crimes does not eliminate the fact that vast majority of people committing crimes or being incarcerated for crimes are in the lower class.

I also don't understand you insist it's a Chilean thing either as the level of petty crimes AND white collar crimes is just as rampant if not more so in the States. Have you ever read the media section of any State Securities Board website? It's loaded with white collar fraudulent behavior. The spread of the behavior among the explosion of mortgage fraud can be linked to the deregulation within the FIRE sector.
ColoColoUSA

Postby ColoColoUSA » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 pm

More importantly, have you been drinking Néscafe?

I eat a lot of Sahne Nuss.
ColoColoUSA

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs in Chile and Work Related Issues in Chile