Foreigners and liquor licenses

Postby shicksa13 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:33 am

How difficult is it for a foreigner to get liquor license in Chile? How do you apply for one? Are they like California liquor licenses, in that there are different kinds? For example, in Ca a liquor license for beer and wine only is much easier to get than a "full" liquor license (one that allows you to sell spirits as well)? A business associate wants to open a bar in Chile. They are putting up all the money, I'm putting up the "sweat equity"....and a willingness to move.
shicksa13

Re: Foreigners and liquor licenses

Postby zer0nz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:34 am

I dont know the full detaills but this is what i have picked up....

But a) you can buy them (so they appear to be transferable (check mercardo libre))..... and b) you can rent a building with them (so the owner of the building has the licence, you rent the place you get to use the licence (A friend got one to increase the rent-able value of his store)) ........

I think there are two types, 1) bart and 2) restaurant (need to sell food with beer etc)
zer0nz

Re: Foreigners and liquor licenses

Postby admin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:09 am

It is based on city, and the law sets a number of points of sales by population distribution. For example, in the small town I am in the grocery store had to add on a new addition for the liquor section that was a couple of meter outside the zone that already was saturated with liquor stores.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: http://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-470-9653, in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Jobs in Chile and Work Related Issues in Chile