Correos Chile ~ Seguimiento on Line ~ Tracking

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Sat May 08, 2010 3:51 pm

This is to report some observations with respect to the Chilean online mail tracking system, that is:

http://courier.correos.cl/Seguimiento/aspx/Default.aspx

Out of five letters sent out of Chile by "registered" mail internationally, the above system shows only two. The tracking number starting with "RR" and ending with "CL", that's what I mean.

One of these (outgoing mail) tracking numbers was changed by one of the post offices in Chile (I mean, old label with the number removed, and new one placed on the envelope) so it was untraceable for me. I discovered this only when the receiver reported this. The Correos Chile denies the fact that tracking number on letters can be changed this way.

They do respond to online support questions sent via their website, however. Generally, they say that I input my number "incorrectly". Also, they offer me to check, and double check, the number, and they would explain that it must have 9 digits / 4 letters. Sending them a scan of the receipt showing the right number is of little help. They show only two my numbers, and not five (as of now).

One of these (outgoing mail) tracking numbers had 10 digits / 4 letters, so it was untraceable for me. Further, on the USPS site (U.S.) such numbers cannot be entered due to the "wrong format" error.

Out of five or six letters sent to me in Chile by "registered" mail internationally, the Chilean online tracking system shows all of them. There was a delay of more than two month before one of the incoming letters finally appeared on the Chilean online tracking system.
"If something has spilled from somewhere, then that must mean that something has poured into somewhere else" ~ the Drunken Hedgehog
RuneTheChookcha

Re: Correos Chile ~ Seguimiento on Line ~ Tracking

Postby greg~judy » Sat May 08, 2010 4:21 pm

"All beings, if not blind from birth, are uniformly possessed of sight ..."

With the exception of Correos.cl

Rune... you must depend less on these mortal~flawed beings~organizations...
Look for worm-holes...

A wormhole is a hypothetical shortcut through space and time, which allows transit faster than light, while avoiding the problems posed by the uncertainty principle and potential signal interference. Its mechanism is also used in theories about time travel. This kind of topological shortcut would eliminate many probable objections to teleportation on religious or philosophical grounds, as they preserve the original subject intact—and thus continuity of existence.

And practice your apport...
...an apport is the paranormal transference of an article from one place to another

Rune...
Work on these things...
You can make Correo Chile unnecessary :alien:
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
--- Surangama Sutra
“If we want everything to stay as it is, everything will have to change."
--- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lamedusa
greg~judy

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Sat May 08, 2010 9:18 pm

The poster is a bit touched in the head, it seems to me.
Relative Truth - the seeming, superficial and deceptive aspect of reality.

This is so. What a superficial and deceptive post!.. The poster is drinking too much wine, and it is obvious to all. Please be advised, that no letter in this world fits into a "wormhole". People send letters by mail. Not through "wormhole".
"If something has spilled from somewhere, then that must mean that something has poured into somewhere else" ~ the Drunken Hedgehog
RuneTheChookcha

Postby Wedding Photographer » Sun May 09, 2010 8:42 pm

I can confirm that next day services is the next day after the next day after you send something...and the 3 day local service is consistantly 5 days. I regularly send discs to clients, vina to santiago next day (am) delivery...and in over 20 cases not one has been concluded ontime....
I have never experienced your problem with international mail although...it would not suprpise me....
Destination Wedding Photography
http://www.GardnerHamilton.com

Chile Weddings
http;//www.Gardner.cl
Wedding Photographer

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Thu May 13, 2010 1:21 pm

So.. :)

Regarding the most recent of my letters, that is not traceble on the Chilean site.. nor it is showing on the USPS site (it is undelivered yet, and more than 2 weeks have passed already).. the following are the "responses" that I'm getting from the Correos Chile support..

Why am I still sending emails to them?.. But, my point is, as I paid for the "registered" mail service, they should input the tracking number into their system, right?.. :alien:

So.. :)

1. "You must check your tracking number".

2. "You must confirm the tracking number".

3. "This is an International letter. You must ask at the country of origin post office". (Of course, Chile was mentioned as the "country of origin" in the very same email)

4. "Your letter is not in our system. However, you may check back letter, and ask us via email if there are any news".

5. "This letter is not in our system. Please provide the receipt".

6. "Your letter is not in our system. However, you may stay in touch with us..".

7. "You've been assigned a "case number", it is: *******".

8. "The deadline set for the investigation of this case is of two stages of 30 days each, and start counting from the date of entry of claim. It is noteworthy that efforts are being made to obtain information about the shipping status, which so far have been unsuccessful."

:)
RuneTheChookcha

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu May 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Rune, this worries me as I will need to soon send a personal check to Canada.

I rolled the dice the previous times a couple of years ago sending letters with no other additional services or tracking and both times they eventually got to their destination in Canada.

If service has declined to such an extent that even buying the extra services doesn't get it there, then that is indeed a major problem. :(
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of riducule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat
eeuunikkeiexpat

Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby RuneTheChookcha » Thu May 13, 2010 2:05 pm

You know what, of my 3 "untracebles", the first 2 (Sep-2008, Nov-2009) eventually got to their destinations in the U.S.

However -- each of them had rather important piece of paper inside.. So, I did worry, yes. Each time..

And now I worry! And I hope! And worry.. And hope and worry, at the same time. Worry and hope..

What else can I do?.. Such a bad weather.. Cold, mist, and drizzle..

So I sit here, and burn my woodstove, and hope, and worry, and send emails to Correos..

You don't have woodstove, eeuu?.. No.. You cannot understand that.. It's so comfortable to sit here, hope, and worry..

:)
RuneTheChookcha

Postby greg~judy » Thu May 13, 2010 3:23 pm

And now I worry! And I hope! And worry.. And hope and worry, at the same time. Worry and hope..

Our empathy Rune...
g~j will worry/hope with you :(
One day soon, we too (like eeuu)(and others) must trust important matters/papers to Correos :?

What else can I do?.. Such a bad weather.. Cold, mist, and drizzle..

g~j cannot have empathy for this...
... cold, mist, drizzle...
such things are unknown in region XV :mrgreen:

So I sit here, and burn my woodstove, and hope, and worry, and send emails to Correos..
You don't have woodstove, eeuu?.. No.. You cannot understand that.. It's so comfortable to sit here, hope, and worry..

g~j DO understand this...
Many years we lived in cold, mist, drizzle... (no more...)
BUT - we always had a woodstove :D
This is such a JOY - that many other beings may never understand
Sit by the fire... worry/hope...
Throw on another log...
Pour another Gato...
All will be well :alien:
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
--- Surangama Sutra
“If we want everything to stay as it is, everything will have to change."
--- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lamedusa
greg~judy

Postby Gloria » Thu May 13, 2010 4:00 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:Rune, this worries me as I will need to soon send a personal check to Canada.

I rolled the dice the previous times a couple of years ago sending letters with no other additional services or tracking and both times they eventually got to their destination in Canada.

If service has declined to such an extent that even buying the extra services doesn't get it there, then that is indeed a major problem. :(

To put your mind at ease, I would like to report that just recently sent a package thru Correos de Chile to which I was told the arrival would be apprx 15 business days...It arrived in 7 days!! :alien:
I also mailed a personal check to New Jersey (just regular airmail) and I was informed today that it arrived w/o drama :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:
I'm from the generation of common sense and wisdom- so don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining!
Gloria

Postby Vicki and Greg Lansen » Thu May 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I have mailed numerous letters and packages from Southern Chile, both registered and regular. My experience has been that sending mail registered only slows down the process. ALL of my mail going to the US arrived in under 14 days, the exception being during the eruption of the volcano nearby, and the the constant relocation of the post office in Futa. Mail sent from Santiago, Valdivia (hi Gloria!) and Temuco often arrived in the US in ten days.

Registered mail involves tracking, and recording it and tracking it involves time. So, why bother?
Vicki and Greg Lansen

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu May 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks for the input Gloria, V&G.

I will seal that envelope with personal check tomorrow and send it on its way to the Great White (now close to summer) North. I will sit back with my 1.5 liter bottle of Santa Carolina Uno Estrella (oferta - 1475 pesos while supplies last at the local supermercado) and let it be. Will know all is well when my online account shows check deposited by other party and cleared.

Salud <hic>

:drunk:
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of riducule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat
eeuunikkeiexpat

Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby Vicki and Greg Lansen » Thu May 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Salud!
Vicki and Greg Lansen

Next

Return to Chile Customer Service