Visa permanente - requisito de AFP y ISAPRE y más...

Postby ateale » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Hey Guys,

I am looking to get a more permanent visa for Chile (my visa temporaria will expire in mid June 2013).

Now and then I have been working (on a freelance basis) at various visual effects companies in Santiago for the past year.

However myself and 2 friends (Chilean) registered a company and the business is slowly starting to get going.
I have had a contract with the company since January.
I am hoping to use this contract as part of my application for the permanent visa.

I am ok with most of the requirements for this contract visa but I realise I may have made some fatal errors during my past year here in Santiago. Not 100% sure.
Basically in section B of the "Requisitos de permanencia definitive por correo ...a contrato" this line:
"Certificado Histórico de cotizaciones de AFP de Salud, del último año de visa (AFP, INP, ISAPRE)"
Also the lady at the department of extrajneria mentioned it must be "12 meses".

I have held an international healthcare (for disastrous events like falling off a mountain) whilst I have been here and never thought to get a local healthcare.
It has only been recently that I have realised that I need something with Fonasa (government?) or ISAPRE (private?) to be able to get paid from our company - as the company needs to make a contribution to one of the two organisations when it pays us.

As the "requisitos de permananencia..." form doesn't mention Fonsasa as an option does this mean that I would need Isapre anyway?

And I have never made any payments to an AFP (this is to make contributions to a pension fund as far as realise?).

I still haven't been properly paid here from our small company as we are still waiting to get paid from some of the work we have done and therefore haven't contributed to any type of fund.

I hope someone understands my ramblings and can give me their opinion.

Thanks a lot!

Adam
ateale

Re: Visa permanente - requisito de AFP y ISAPRE y más...

Postby zer0nz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm

hahaha, you might just need to renew your visa for another year... pay your afp and isapre, then try for PD
zer0nz

Postby ateale » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 pm

ahhhh really??
Bugger!
Probably a stupid question but would the guys at the department of extranjeria be able to confirm this? Will try call them again tomorrow.
In the worst case would it be possible to reapply for the same temporary visa for another year? I can't remember but is there an age limit? I'm 31.
Thanks for your advice!
ateale

Postby gringalais » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Do you meet the requirements to apply for permanencia definitiva as a professional issuing boletas?

Beginning last year, you were supposed to start contributing to an AFP (pension plan) if you were issuing boletas. It is being phased in gradually, last year was 40% of the amount you would nomally pay, this year is 70% and then next year it will be 100%. It is discussed here: http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/topic7364.html . I am not sure if they ask for proof of contributions with your appIication for permanencia definitiva based on income from issuing boletas. I received my permanencia definitiva based on my income from boletas, but there was no requirement to pay into an AFP at that point in time.
Last edited by gringalais on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gringalais

Postby zer0nz » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 pm

gringalais wrote:Do you meet the requirements to apply for permanencia definitiva as a professional issuing boletas?

Beginning last year, you were supposed to start contributing to an AFP (pension plan) if you were issuing boletas. It is being phased in gradually, last year was 40% of the amount you would nomally pay, this year is 70% and then next year it will be 100%. It is discussed here: http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/topic7364.html .I am not sure if they ask for proof of contributions with your appI applied for permanencia definitiva based on income from issuing boletas. I received my permanencia definitiva based on my income from boletas, but there was no requirement to pay into an AFP at that point in time.

fudge...
zer0nz

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Things just keep getting tighter and tighter...
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of riducule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat
eeuunikkeiexpat

Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Return to Moving to Chile